Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bridcutt covered a lot of ground and lots of touches (68) (works at Championship level). I think his role is partly superfluous and rather defensive.

However, an extra midfielder does have advantages, allowing Stephens and Kayal and Rosenoir (when playing on the right) to join the attack instead of two wingers. With Bong back, the expedient of having an extra midfielder and only one winger and an overlapping full back is a valid alternative. The other way is to have two wingers and one of them to drop back in midfield when necessary.

I prefer Rosenoir to the younger Bridcutt.

With Bong back, playing Rosenoir, Stephens and Kayal together seems quite strong.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's an opinion.......

So you think Bridcutt passed the ball well last night and you think he'll get back in out team if he came back?

I did he hardly wasted a ball, one notable cross field ball went wrong. He had absolutely nothing to pass to in general escpecially going forward.

I would happily have him in my squad again, as first option to replace kayal or Stephens if required and ideal to sit in front of back for in a 3 man midfield.
Miles better option than Sidwell, Holla, Crofts, JFC, Ince..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would take him back, class player who would very quickly show his worth in a deep lying midfield position. He is undoubtedly better than Crofts, Holla, Ince and JFC - I'd have him tomorrow as back up to Stephens and Kayal. I still think he is a quality player to have, in a very specific job whatever the formation. He was exposed last night by some crap players around him and an imbalanced team which had no real gameplan or ideas but the early penalty caused all their problems.

EXACTLY right, IMO. Great player IF in a defined role in a specific formation. Evans clearly doesn't have the first clue how to get the best out of him. He's utterly wasting his time playing for that moron.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I would take him back, class player who would very quickly show his worth in a deep lying midfield position. He is undoubtedly better than Crofts, Holla, Ince and JFC - I'd have him tomorrow as back up to Stephens and Kayal. I still think he is a quality player to have, in a very specific job whatever the formation. He was exposed last night by some crap players around him and an imbalanced team which had no real gameplan or ideas but the early penalty caused all their problems.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?600-Albion-4-0-THE-Leeds-United-29-02-2016

Perfectly illustrating this, was former Albion lynchpin, Liam Bridcutt. In his days here Bridcutt performed superbly, in an extremely specific role, in a clearly defined system – restricting himself to the area in front of the back four, controlling possession and dictating the tempo. Last night however – in the complete absence of any job description – his strengths were painfully underutilized. He was all over the place – popping up behind the striker, then wide left, then between the centre halves for a while, before finally settling into the centre of the park.

The mess that is Leeds United under Massimo Cellino, set up by the mess that is Steve Evans, were a mess on the field.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would think that he and people he knows will have been aware of some of the things in the press. Even if it is just the over the top comments from the Argus.

He made his name during his time with us. Player of the season twice. Capped for Scotland. Yeah he's made a bunch of money since, but I'd bet he'd have wanted to leave in a better way.

This.

Absolutely he's aware, otherwise he is incredibly stupid.

The moment he went on 'strike' to force the move, both he and his agent would have been aware that there would be consequences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here