Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yep, spot on.

Just goes to show what good job Hughton has done building this squad up. There will be former first shoe-ins no longer making the bench by the end of the season. When you think how thinly stretched we have been thanks to injuries it really is remarkable.

Just goes to show what a splendid job Hughton and the new scouting network have done

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On last nights performance I would have him back to come on as Sidwell did or Ince in the past to kill the game but he wouldn't get in the side over Kayal and Stephens although both different type midfielders.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought we was distinctly average and a shadow of his former self.

Obviously missing Poyet stroking his ego

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He was their best player by a mile but would only fit into our team as a 'tough away game' player or a 'keep it tight for the last 20' substitute for me. Tenacious and rarely comes away without the ball but he doesn't have the technical ability or attacking prowess of Kayal or Stephens. Wouldn't fit into a 4-4-2 IMO.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought he was leeds best player.

Lets face it in the summer we will be moving on Crofts, Holla, JFC and Ince quite possibly...

Id be more than happy to exchange a couple of them to have Bridcutt in my squad.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Weird, isn't it, how differently the same performance can be viewed by different people? I thought he was their best player by a distance, but they were pretty much awful from back to front, so it's hard to be objective. But he did what you'd expect - recycled possession, always in motion, always available for a pass, and with one or two exceptions he made good passes himself. He does a job that's underrated, and to compare him with JFC is grossly unfair IMHO - JFC could learn a great deal from him about movement without the ball.

But I also agree that, in a 4-4-2 side at least, there'd be no place for him in the current side; last night Kayal and Stephens once again showed just how much better they are as a pair than many of the midfielders in this division.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let us just hope his 'head is in the right place ' this morning.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
He had a good game bar one wayward but comical pass. He showed his strength in seeing the ball out a couple of times and as ever was always available to get the ball.

I thought at times he played a lot more than under Gus, I would have him back if we do have a midfield clear out.

Blue Goon

Sep 2, 2011
I thought it was soppy booing him. He left because he had the opportunity to play at a higher level for more money. He was player of the year for two seasons, he has never said anything bad about the club.
It was nice to see Gordon Greer having a long chat with him before KO.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He was wandering around the tunnel area afterwards looking as if he wanted someone to speak to him. Then when nobody did he went into the home dressing room and came out a bit later chatting to Calde.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Weird one, looks the most comfortable player on the pitch but keeping hold of the ball slows their player down and not direct enough.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I thought it was soppy booing him. He left because he had the opportunity to play at a higher level for more money. He was player of the year for two seasons, he has never said anything bad about the club.

No-one begrudged him the move to the Premier League. The way he went about it by refusing to play left a bad taste and meant that the boos he got last night were deserved.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thought Cook no 23 looked very good. Only young would sign him up but think premiership clubs are after him

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

If anyone who goes out to work booed him because he wanted to better himself and earn more money, then that would be very hypocritical -we would all surely want to do that. NO, it was the manner of his leaving -he was paid handsomely by the Albion and to claim that his head wasn't right is totally unacceptable. It is only natural that if you get offered a new job, then the present position for the last month or so becomes less attractive, but that does not mean that he cannot play. Yes, he was a great player for us, and he may well not have said anything bad about the club, though we really don't know if that is the case, but I booed him for his attitude when leaving, not the fact that he left, as such.
As an aside, rather like Buckley, he has since found out that he is not as good as he thought he was, though he did stand out last night for Leeds, but on the showing of that defence, even I might have looked good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here