Bridcutt

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think that's about it, yes.

I particularly liked the bit late in the second half where he won possession down near the NW corner flag, did well to carry the ball to around the halfway line, evading a couple of challenges en route, before then passing the ball directly to an Albion player.

I particularly liked the way he was on the goal line for the corner, and waited for Dunk to head it, before jumping up to block it. Knowing how high Liam can jump (remember Vidic at Birmingham?) I thought he timed it to perfection.

He was wandering around the tunnel area afterwards looking as if he wanted someone to speak to him. Then when nobody did he went into the home dressing room and came out a bit later chatting to Calde.

I saw him and Bruno having a big man hug on the pitch after the final whistle.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He played ok last night. I feel sorry for him in some ways as if he'd stayed and maintained his form, he'd probably be captain by now, and he must look at how his leaving has been spun and wish it could have been different.

Completely different player to the midfielders we have now. I think he would fit in a CH defend and counter attack set up, but wouldn't fit into the standard 4-4-2 that we play most of the time.

Leeds are crap. He'd probably suit playing for MK Dons and their style of football.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just a few points:

- Didn't boo him, just ignored him (except the ironic cheers with his hilariously misplaced crossfield ball in the second half);
- Can't really just him as Leeds were arguably the worst side I've seen at the Amex this season. I expect he'd be better in a better team;
- Doesn't really fit in a 4-4-2, but would be good in a tight away 4-5-1. I'd still have him over Crofts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't see him doing much different for Leeds than what he did for the Albion.

What was the fulcrum and heartbeat of the side, all of a sudden looked amazingly pedestrian and incredibly frustrating.

The King is dead - long live king Kayal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leeds were appalling, Bridcutt was their best player on the night but he is wasting his time at Elland Road.

I'm surprised that he didn't join a club more likely to be in the promotion mix, like a Sheff Wed or Burnley. I fancy he will be joining a contending Championship club over the summer - hopefully our paths won't be crossing again in 2016/17.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Do you think he's ever been aware/has ever paid much attention to it beyond hearing some derision from the crowd last night?

I would think that he and people he knows will have been aware of some of the things in the press. Even if it is just the over the top comments from the Argus.

He made his name during his time with us. Player of the season twice. Capped for Scotland. Yeah he's made a bunch of money since, but I'd bet he'd have wanted to leave in a better way.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought he was awful yesterday. His ditrubtion was terrible. So many miss placed passes. It's as if he's lost his ability to pass since joining Sunderland.
So many over hit or wayward passes, it made me realise how good we got Bridcutt playing when he was with us. After last night performance, I thinks it's fair to say he just isn't good enough to even get near our team now. A poor version of Andrew Crofts.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought he was awful yesterday. His ditrubtion was terrible. So many miss placed passes. It's as if he's lost his ability to pass since joining Sunderland.
So many over hit or wayward passes, it made me realise how good we got Bridcutt playing when he was with us. After last night performance, I thinks it's fair to say he just isn't good enough to even get near our team now. A poor version of Andrew Crofts.

Bloody hell.... read that again.... its madness, I literally dont agree with one bit of it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Their best player? I thought he was utter gash. Played short passes well but he's just so one dimensional which is why he doesn't fit into a 4-4-2. That dreadful crossfield pass that went out for w throw summed his night up perfectly

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I thought he had a good game considering he didn't have much help. A Bridcutt and Kayal partnership would be very effective, just as much as Stephens and Kayal. The only difference being there wouldn't be quite as much flexibility in who holds and who pushes forward.

Agree with others about Cook last night, only 18 and will be in the Premier League sooner rather than later. Too expensive for us in the Championship but wouldn't mind buying him if we went up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought he was outstanding for us and until last night would have him back.
I find it amazing anyone would have had him back. He was great for Gus's team, but we don't play like that anymore, we get forward faster, and there's no way I'd have him in place of Kayal or Stephens.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would take him back, class player who would very quickly show his worth in a deep lying midfield position. He is undoubtedly better than Crofts, Holla, Ince and JFC - I'd have him tomorrow as back up to Stephens and Kayal. I still think he is a quality player to have, in a very specific job whatever the formation. He was exposed last night by some crap players around him and an imbalanced team which had no real gameplan or ideas but the early penalty caused all their problems.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He hardly put a foot wrong for us in his Amex years and was deservedly player of the season twice. Maybe he's a player that needs other factors in place to hit his best form - a certain manager, a specific position and a particular team. He hasn't had those circumstances at Sunderland or Leeds. I wonder if he ever will again?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
In my opinion, when he was with us he was one of our best players in the formation and style we used, he earned himself a pay rise and a move to the Prem by hook or crook he did that by his performances. But, has he moved on as a player no, is he any better no, would he get into our starting 11 no. Not sure why anyone would want a player like this back, he wouldn't suit our current style of play you could see that last night.

And did any one see his reaction whilst on the line for Dunk's header, if your going to be in that position at least attempt to jump, poor defending and reaction from a defensive midfielder. Think we can do without players like that.

Thanks for 3 very good seasons but, we have moved on and so should you.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He can take pride in the fact he got more recognition from the Albion fans than our own leading goalscorer did. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports