Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why do you think they can't go higher? Would seem the ideal option, and with a good planning team and design they'd have a perfectly good chance of getting it through. We got a stadium but in an AONB, putting up a stand in Selhurst is more than doable, they did it with the Holmsdale stand, that has to be double the height of the old terrace that was there.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
About time as well. Serious question, how can you develop it? Can't go higher, can't go round the corner because of Sainsburys or the other end because of the houses. Just intrigued to know?

There are, in all seriousness, plenty of options that dont involve raising the height of the AW, including sinking the pitch, moving the pitch back, and my personal favourite for inventiveness, rotating it.

Each has it's own issues of course, but none that are insurmountable.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You need planning permission first. You can't raise the Arther Waite stand any higher than it is because of the houses behind and the stand will no longer hold 8,000 but more like 4,000 or maybe 5,000 at a push.

If Jo Brand's demanding to be housed in the newly revamped Arthur Waite that'll bring the potential capacity down even further.

A local West Norwood family road-test the new Brand 'chair for life' before it is installed at Selhurst:

Big_Chair__5__ezr.JPG

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
About time as well. Serious question, how can you develop it? Can't go higher, can't go round the corner because of Sainsburys or the other end because of the houses. Just intrigued to know?

At a guess, I would say fill in both corners ( Whitehorse and Holmesdale) losing the back rows of existing seats to make a bigger concourse area, making it less of a squeeze.
That would increase capacity without going higher, but then again, I'm no expert.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Why do you think they can't go higher?

Because if they go any higher they'll block the sunshine out for the houses behind and the nimbies won't have that so they can't.

Why do you think they can't go higher?[/QUOTE]Would seem the ideal option[/QUOTE]

As above, not allowed to.

and with a good planning team and design they'd have a perfectly good chance of getting it through.[/QUOTE]

They can have the best planning team and design team in the world but like above they'll not be allowed because of the houses and lack of sunshine.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
There are, in all seriousness, plenty of options that dont involve raising the height of the AW, including sinking the pitch, moving the pitch back, and my personal favourite for inventiveness, rotating it.

Where are you planning to play if you rotate the pitch?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Won't just give it away, REMF have to earn it.

Anyway like you say Bridcutt wouldn't join you for a few reasons.

1, You turned him down, that must of hurt him.
2, He's Brighton and the thought of joining you must make him want to vomit.
3, Bloom would never allow it as he's Mr BHA and would be disgusted at the thought just like any right minded thinking Albion fan.

Bloom wouldn't allow it?? How the f..k would u know.. Lol

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Because if they go any higher they'll block the sunshine out for the houses behind and the nimbies won't have that so they can't.

Could they prop up the houses on stilts, thus making room for parking cars underneath,allowing us to build higher, and not blocking out the sun ?
But I'm no expert.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Maybe go for the 180 Degree rotation then & be truly innovative? :wink:

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Bloom wouldn't allow it?? How the f..k would u know.. Lol

From everything our owners have said, they get on very well with Bloom. Sure both sides would always try to get the best deal, but I don't think there's any problem with CPFC and BHAFC doing business.

The real barrier is that someone else will be willing to pay more than us :)

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
From everything our owners have said, they get on very well with Bloom. Sure both sides would always try to get the best deal, but I don't think there's any problem with CPFC and BHAFC doing business.

The real barrier is that someone else will be willing to pay more than us :)

I'd like us to be Like Man Utd when it comes to selling players to our bitter rivals.

What's the point of trying to redevelop Selhurst you can't fill it as it is !

In a seasons time you'll be back in the Championship and getting 12,000 on a Tuesday night again. With a redeveloped Selhurst holding about 30k you'll have 18k empty seats rather than the 10k empties you get at the moment. If the supports not there - it's not there. Blow the money on some decent players and a couple of decent bogs and seats for the Arthur Wa*k Stand. Go Palace:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here