Bridcutt

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I find it rather strange that almost every Palace fan that comes on here claims to have been there at Lloyds but there was only about 100 there.

Just like all your fans claim to have supported Brighton for years eh? :) Still, I have video of the day on my phone and there is rather more than 100 there. Not sure where you got that figure from.

bucky777

May 20, 2013
Get a grip everyone.

Both clubs are of similar size and have similar size supports. We have a new ground so have the upper hand but does it matter? They have the upper hand in other areas. All part of football. Ive been going to Albion home and away for 20 years and it doesnt bother me. I bet we have very similar away numbers.

You Palace fans, dont for a second think if you moved to a new ground you wouldn't get an extra 5k-10k so plastics (like we have to be fair!).

If someone wants to support a club that is well supported and then boost about it I suggest you **** off and support Arsenal or Man Utd.

If someone wants to support a club with no plastics I suggest you support Croydon Athletic or Whitehawk.

Pointless argument.

Back to Brdicutt, anymore news?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Get a grip everyone.

Both clubs are of similar size and have similar size supports. We have a new ground so have the upper hand but does it matter? They have the upper hand in other areas. All part of football. Ive been going to Albion home and away for 20 years and it doesnt bother me. I bet we have very similar away numbers.

You Palace fans, dont for a second think if you moved to a new ground you wouldn't get an extra 5k-10k so plastics (like we have to be fair!).

If someone wants to support a club that is well supported and then boost about it I suggest you **** off and support Arsenal or Man Utd.

If someone wants to support a club with no plastics I suggest you support Croydon Athletic or Whitehawk.

Pointless argument.

Back to Brdicutt, anymore news?
Well said . Getting back on track the latest I've heard is we are miles apart on valuation ATM . We've offered £2.5m + add ons whilst you want quite a bit more , personally I think it's a non starter . I can't see you selling him to us but you never know . I'd rather get good players from this league ( like Norwich ) than players who want a big pay day and don't fit into our mentality . Only rumours again but we are monitoring bennetts situation at Norwich as well , what sort of winger is he ?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well said . Getting back on track the latest I've heard is we are miles apart on valuation ATM . We've offered £2.5m + add ons whilst you want quite a bit more , personally I think it's a non starter . I can't see you selling him to us but you never know . I'd rather get good players from this league ( like Norwich ) than players who want a big pay day and don't fit into our mentality . Only rumours again but we are monitoring bennetts situation at Norwich as well , what sort of winger is he ?

Bennet? Better than what you've got but too intelligent a player for Olly. Not a pedal to the metal high octane type that Olly needs.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I know all fans over value their players but if we sell Bridcutt to our big rivals for anywhere near £2.5 million I will begin to despair of this summer. I wanted £5 million last season and I stand by that. Maybe if he asked to leave it is different but there is no suggestion that he has. I certainly wouldn't want to let him go to Palace unless you offered a lot more money than anyone else.

I find it rather strange that almost every Palace fan that comes on here claims to have been there at Lloyds but there was only about 100 there.

In there defence it was raining - and as we all know Palace don't do rain.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
In there defence it was raining - and as we all know Palace don't do rain.

Now how many times have you desperately used the "we got rained on" excuse for your 6000 crowds at the Withdean, Phallus? :)

But anyway, I don't remember rain at the protest. If there was any it must have been drizzle.

As for Bridcutt, he'll go to a club that will pay him more than us.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
There is no chance bloom would sell him to palarse unless they paid more than what he is worth, I.e. 7m+

Is it just me that thinks that all these promoted teams that have won the jackpot want all the best championship players on the cheap whereas us paupers are asked to pay inflated prices?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
There is no chance bloom would sell him to palarse unless they paid more than what he is worth, I.e. 7m+

With the belt tightening going on, and the payout to Poyet to be finalised, TB will need to generate funds for the incoming manager.
Bridcutt is the highest asset, so he is the most likely to be moved on.
You may think £5 mill plus, but I think it's going to be around £3 mill, and I don't think he'll be coming to us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Now how many times have you desperately used the "we got rained on" excuse for your 6000 crowds at the Withdean, Phallus? :)

But anyway, I don't remember rain at the protest. If there was any it must have been drizzle.

As for Bridcutt, he'll go to a club that will pay him more than us.

Did you go to Withdean? I really don't think Palace crowds would have stood up to what we had to put up with at the end of the Goldstone, then going to Gillingham and following it up with 12 years at Withdean.

I don't really care that much about crowds as what really matters at the moment is that you will be playing a division above us in next season and will get a load of money which, if invested well, will put you in a good position. However, the pathetic argument that our crowd is 6,000 or 7,000 because that is what we got at Withdean is ridiculous. I was a season ticket holder every year there but I don't blame anyone for not going to Withdean much or not at all. It doesn't mean they are not a Brighton fan.

Yes, we have picked up a few fans since the Amex who will drop if we stay in this division another couple of years but it is nowhere near the level that Palace fans want to think. We have a big supporter base and are now picking up the generation that Gillingham/Withdean lost us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
With the belt tightening going on, and the payout to Poyet to be finalised, TB will need to generate funds for the incoming manager.
You may think £5 mill plus, but I think it's going to be around £3 mill, and I don't think he'll be coming to us.

You could argue that the other way round though and say with FFP we really can't afford to let anyone go on the cheap. £3 million for Bridcutt, given what some players go for these days, is simply ridiculous and I would be surprised if it wasn't at least £4 million and a sell on.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

I'll have a £500 bet with you that Bridcutt doesn't end up with you lot for £3 million.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'll have a £500 bet with you that Bridcutt doesn't end up with you lot for £3 million.

If you read my post, I said he won't come to us.
Give your £500 to REMF if it's burning a hole in your pocket.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Won't just give it away, REMF have to earn it.

Anyway like you say Bridcutt wouldn't join you for a few reasons.

1, You turned him down, that must of hurt him.
2, He's Brighton and the thought of joining you must make him want to vomit.
3, Bloom would never allow it as he's Mr BHA and would be disgusted at the thought just like any right minded thinking Albion fan.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Palace would always start their bid low , I'm sure were meet somewhere around the 4 mil mark with add ons
The lure of the promiced land will be hard to resist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports