Bridcutt

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Pretty fair price to be honest. Can't see him wanting to move down a division, but if you offered him generous enough personal terms I suppose he might.

Top tip: Save £3m on Mile Jedinak by getting any bog-standard Championship midfield player on a free and telling him to elbow opponents every time he jumps for a header.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading Steve Parrish in the slp today he seems to be very critical of other clubs valuations of their players . Reading between the lines it seems bha are being very unrealistic in their asking price for Liam . If they can be more sensible I'm sure we can conclude a deal .

He he. I think Parish is the 'unrealistic' one. It looks like a host of Premier League teams will be in a bidding war, and as we know, the value of a player is what someone will pay for him, not some derisory offer from South London :lolol:

It's not like we want or have to sell him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Reading Steve Parrish in the slp today he seems to be very critical of other clubs valuations of their players . Reading between the lines it seems bha are being very unrealistic in their asking price for Liam . If they can be more sensible I'm sure we can conclude a deal .

Jesus Christ you really are quite a dull boring person. Why would anyone on here care about your chairman (or whatever) moaning about prices he has been quoted.

I would say you have a valid point if you had sold out all seats in the home end at Withdean. But you often didn't.

I think you'll find that the home ends were sold out when we were at your level (Championship) and pretty much full when we were in the lower leagues. However, as you have never had to suffer this (as you didn't attempt to pay your debts) then we can only guess how you would have fared crowd-wise in a similar position. Your paltry crowds in recent low key Cup games gives us a pretty fair indication though.

I note your season ticket sales for next season are about half of ours - says everything about your current support level really.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Hopefully Palace will be priced out of a deal if they only want to pay 3million :lolol:

He's probably looking at Murray as an example on how your career can progress if you join Palace. Not sure he'd get into our midfield though of Jedinak, Williams, Bolasie etc...maybe we'll stick him with our academy kids to learn his trade

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Oh the irony.......cough.............Zaha............cough

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Is that the same Steve Parrish who said Winnie was worth in excess of £20M ???

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think you'll find that the home ends were sold out when we were at your level (Championship) and pretty much full when we were in the lower leagues. However, as you have never had to suffer this (as you didn't attempt to pay your debts) then we can only guess how you would have fared crowd-wise in a similar position. Your paltry crowds in recent low key Cup games gives us a pretty fair indication though.

I note your season ticket sales for next season are about half of ours - says everything about your current support level really.

I think your find, that quite a few times during your League One title winning season, you did not sell out. Pretty damn poor. If we had been in your position we would have got bigger crowds than you did, no doubt about it, just like we would exceed your crowds if we had a new shiny stadium. And if you want to talk about paltry Cup crowds then how about the 2.5k you got a few years back vs Leyton Orient?

Seriously, give it a rest Maj, you bore even your own. We have left you behind on the pitch, i know it hurts but you need to move on.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think your find, that quite a few times during your League One title winning season, you did not sell out. Pretty damn poor. If we had been in your position we would have got bigger crowds than you did, no doubt about it, just like we would exceed your crowds if we had a new shiny stadium. And if you want to talk about paltry Cup crowds then how about the 2.5k you got a few years back vs Leyton Orient?

Seriously, give it a rest Maj, you bore even your own. We have left you behind on the pitch, i know it hurts but you need to move on.

You're a small club getting far too big for your boots. Now fukkk off.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You're a small club getting far too big for your boots. Now fukkk off.

When did your sense of humour die Botty? You used to be such a cracking poster :-( I guess defeat after defeat to us has proved to much to take.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
... If we had been in your position we would have got bigger crowds than you did, no doubt about it, just like we would exceed your crowds if we had a new shiny stadium.....

Really ? You are the team that had a meet a player evening and just 8 ( Eight ) fans turned up :lolol:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
This stuff about us not selling out every home is just a cheap snide from our Palace friend who tag onto every anti Brighton thing they can. Lets look at the facts, yes not all games were 100# full, they are also not at Man U or any other ground that 'sell out'. We had well over average 90% of capacity sold every week and that was taking into consideration that we only counted fans that turned up, not like what we and you do now, and surprise surprise the away end hardly sold out, with teams like Palace who could not sell 900 tickets. I will not mention the awful facilities as that to me, a true fan is not an excuse as I would go wherever to watch Brighton, even the Arthur Waite stand and Gillingham, 2 major shit holes.

So when you come and slag us off re attendances, please state all the facts, not ones that you hear and believe. Also to the guy that said palace had better away support than us this year, think again you need to
Check the facts, which is something that some Palace fans seldom do to try and win points off their rivals.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
The subject of attendances is fairly dull, but the only relevant fact is that the home end at the Withdean was barely ever full. Any genuine Brighton fan could have rocked up on almost any match day and bought themselves a ticket for the game.

Given that, it's fairly comical to see Brighton fans claiming that it was purely the capacity of the Withdean that stopped you having your current crowds, as if there were hoardes of die hard Brighton fans desperate to get to games who just couldn't get a ticket.

I've full respect for those Brighton fans who stuck with your team through thick and thin. I hope you're all enjoying your renaissance, as you deserve to. But I've no respect for the legions of fairweathers and plastics who now pack the Amex, and it's absurd for you to pretend they aren't there.

Last edited:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Again limited with knowledge and facts, you could not just but a ticket on the day, it was all ticket and none on sale at the Withdean, but carry on making things up, quite funny really. Fact is, Palace make up facts to make their dwindling fan base look better.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
And for the Plastic argument, no one does Plastic better than Palace. Again look at the facts. Simply we have more fans coming than you as we have better facilities, we have got returning fans, new fans and converts, yes we have, but you think it's better to have fans that only turn up for big games ? Our 'plastics' turn up each week, yours don't turn up ? Brilliant idiotic logic, just go away and come back when you have something more intelligent to say, or maybe just stay on the Palace website.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Fine. Adjust that to could have rung up and bought a ticket the day before, the point stays the same.

And dwindling? Our fanbase has been roughly the same for over 20 years. A few peaks, a few troughs, but we've mostly had around 15/16,000. I imagine that will go up next year, as some who come a bit get season tickets or come more, and some fairweathers come back, but that core of 15/16,000 will be there.

Likewise your core of 6,000 will still be there, even if Bloom went bust and the Amex collapsed. They're proper football fans and I have nothing but respect for them. Those of you who went to the Withdean and stuck with Brighton know who you are. Those of you who spend the years cheering Man United or Chelsea on from your telly "cause my family support them" know who you are too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports