Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

There is a football club in London SE25 who would welcome you as a "Palacestic" for their solitary season in the Premier League. :thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not really, using our administrations as a benchmark for what our new owners are apparently going to do smells of desperation to be honest.

It really is, you are on here, you are waving your willy about and you and your bitches are banging on about our "plastic fans" yet you don't have any despite 34000 at wembley and glory hunters coming out of the woodwork. You have gone into admin twice so expect to get beaten with it. We are as desperate as you are jealous of us. We are 3 years into a 5 year plan to get us and keep us in the prem.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It really is, you are on here, you are waving your willy about and you and your bitches are banging on about our "plastic fans" yet you don't have any despite 34000 at wembley and glory hunters coming out of the woodwork. You have gone into admin twice so expect to get beaten with it. We are as desperate as you are jealous of us. We are 3 years into a 5 year plan to get us and keep us in the prem.

We have glory hunters coming out of the woodwork do we? What the hell are your fans then after a jump of 23,000 in 2 years as soon as you get a nice new stadium. And we are jealous of you are we? Don't make me laugh! Stadia aside, you have nothing on us. Fook me, do you honestly believe the rubbish you spout ???

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
We have glory hunters coming out of the woodwork do we? What the hell are your fans then after a jump of 23,000 in 2 years as soon as you get a nice new stadium. Fook me, do you honestly believe the rubbish you spout???

23000 do not fit in a 8000 seater stadium. Just a thought.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

When the hell did I mention any of that? Don't tar us all with the same brush, I know what we are and what BHAFC are.

Thanks for the info regarding your 5 year plan, every club who's come out with one of those usually ends up in the mire ironically.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
Palace keep trotting out this figure of 900,000 as their potential fan base. On that basis we're entitled to claim 1.5 million, which is (I believe) the population of Sussex. If you want to bring Crawley into the equation let's slice off a further 100,000 and call it 1.4 million.

On that basis it's not hard to see why we might be able to fill a 30,000-seater stadium, even in the Championship, or why our crowds are bigger than Palace's.

Regarding this tiresome issue of "plastic" fans ... we had 14 years playing in stadiums which were either in an entirely different county (Gillingham) or else were very small, had no roof, no atmosphere, some poor sightlines and were expensive for what they were (er, Withdean).

In such adversity, a lot of us thought we'd lose a generation of fans. Over those 14 years, thousands of the old guard will have died off, thousands more simply lost the Brighton habit, and thousands more were born into a county which, to the Premier League generation, maybe didn't seem like it had a "proper" football side.

Yet the Amex has been packed to the rafters for two seasons, failure to reach the Prem hasn't dented season ticket sales, kids across the county are wearing the stripes like never before, and there's a tangible sense of pride in what Brighton have achieved ... EVEN FROM PEOPLE WHO DON'T NECESSARILY GO TO GAMES.

It's a pretty incredible story and pretty much everyone in Sussex understands it. I'm not surprised that our Palace friends think that it all adds up to a "plastic" fan base but the truth is so different that these jibes really don't sting at all.

Some very fair and sensible points, which even as a Palace fan I don't dispute.

Indeed, you seem a sensible chap. So I have to ask: Can you personally genuinely believe that any Palace fan would swap seeing their team win a trophy at Wembley after knocking out their most heated rivals on their own turf AND a season - even if it is only that - in the Prem for a few more bums on seats in the Championship?

As a fanbase you'd surely be on cloud nine if the roles were reversed. Because don't we all go to football first and foremost in the hope of seeing our team come up successful on the pitch?

Right, back under my rock now until the next REMF game. :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Indeed, you seem a sensible chap. So I have to ask: Can you personally genuinely believe that any Palace fan would swap seeing their team win a trophy at Wembley after knocking out their most heated rivals on their own turf AND a season - even if it is only that - in the Prem for a few more bums on seats in the Championship?

As a fanbase you'd surely be on cloud nine if the roles were reversed. Because don't we all go to football first and foremost in the hope of seeing our team come up successful on the pitch?

Well obviously thats right. But you have to let the children play.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

No, of course we'd rather have beaten Palace, then beaten Watford, then experienced top flight football for the first time in a generation. I'm sure Palace fans will enjoy the year to come, even if you finish bottom and come straight back down. And the money will soften the blow ...

If I'm totally honest, however, I'm not jealous, because I happen to love the Championship, and there's part of me that thinks that clubs like Brighton and Palace will always thrive at this level but maybe lose their way in the Premier League. What's the best we can hope to be in the top flight? Stoke mark II?

I know it all sounds hopelessly unambitious but I don't think we support Brighton, or you support Palace, expecting to be playing Man Utd and Chelsea and Liverpool, and making up the numbers in a league which is effectively rigged against us.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We have glory hunters coming out of the woodwork do we? What the hell are your fans then after a jump of 23,000 in 2 years as soon as you get a nice new stadium. And we are jealous of you are we? Don't make me laugh! Stadia aside, you have nothing on us. Fook me, do you honestly believe the rubbish you spout ???

Try reading it again especially the "we are as desperate as you are jealous" part petal

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
No, of course we'd rather have beaten Palace, then beaten Watford, then experienced top flight football for the first time in a generation. I'm sure Palace fans will enjoy the year to come, even if you finish bottom and come straight back down. And the money will soften the blow ...

If I'm totally honest, however, I'm not jealous, because I happen to love the Championship, and there's part of me that thinks that clubs like Brighton and Palace will always thrive at this level but maybe lose their way in the Premier League. What's the best we can hope to be in the top flight? Stoke mark II?

I know it all sounds hopelessly unambitious but I don't think we support Brighton, or you support Palace, expecting to be playing Man Utd and Chelsea and Liverpool, and making up the numbers in a league which is effectively rigged against us.

Well said.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013

Very true words Monkey Man.

I don't think Palace would have a problem matching the valuation of Bridcutt if they do really want him. Whether he would want to come to us or not is another question. We famously (on here) turned him down whilst on trial so he may harbour bitterness. Whether that is overcome by a desire to play at the highest level who knows.

I certainly think he could work well with Jedinak or maybe even as full back cover. Seems to have good attributes for that position too.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Very true words Monkey Man.

I don't think Palace would have a problem matching the valuation of Bridcutt if they do really want him. Whether he would want to come to us or not is another question. We famously (on here) turned him down whilst on trial so he may harbour bitterness. Whether that is overcome by a desire to play at the highest level who knows.

I certainly think he could work well with Jedinak or maybe even as full back cover. Seems to have good attributes for that position too.

Reading Steve Parrish in the slp today he seems to be very critical of other clubs valuations of their players . Reading between the lines it seems bha are being very unrealistic in their asking price for Liam . If they can be more sensible I'm sure we can conclude a deal .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here