Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Over the whole season yes, but you cannot deny the impact Ulloa has had since early feb. Could end up being as if not more important than bridders next season IMO, in fact I'm confident that if he had been here all season we would have gone up in the top 2.

1 goal in his last 8 and completley anonymous in both playoff games, i'm not convinced. Can't deny though, if you had of had him all season you would of prob got another couple of wins and gone up top 2. But you didn't thankfully and i think next year you won't be in the same position as you're going to be losing some key players this summer.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm just providing you proof that it's not seen the way you think it is. Care to provide me with anything to show that neutrals see Bridcutt as the better player between the 2?

p.s Jedinak is a big guy and goes in hard, of course he will get the odd red card as he is a commited player.

Jedinak leads with his elbow then cried like a little bitch when Alan lee did the same to him :lol: prem refs will not allow it.

Pundits for Bridders Scotland debut said he's the best player outside the prem in that position, if I could be bothered to find articles for you then I would but as I'm not the one waving my bits about then I shan't :p

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Jedinak leads with his elbow then cried like a little bitch when Alan lee did the same to him :lol: prem refs will not allow it.

Pundits for Bridders Scotland debut said he's the best player outside the prem in that position, if I could be bothered to find articles for you then I would but as I'm not the one waving my bits about then I shan't :p

Yes, because fellow Scots won't be biased will they :whistle:

Iain Dowie said (as a pundit at the play off final) that Jedinak is one of the best players in the Championship and will easily make the transition up to the Prem. But i wouldn't take his opinion to heart as he is an ex Palace player and manager.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Over the whole season yes, but you cannot deny the impact Ulloa has had since early feb. Could end up being as if not more important than bridders next season IMO, in fact I'm confident that if he had been here all season we would have gone up in the top 2.

Stats more than back this up: We had 42 points from 28 games prior to Ulloa's arrival. In the final 18 games, with Ulloa, we accumulated 33 points.

He would have been player of the season if he'd been here since last August, especially with a full pre-season under his belt.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
These are all interesting debates and view points. It pains me to say that we got done in the game at the Amex by a side who had the right plan and executed it perfectly.

Perhaps with Ulloa here all season we would have been in a better position. He wasnt. We arent.

I cannot abide Palace - but there is no point in denying that they have simply completed a job that we were found wanting. They are in the Premier League and will now be able to transform the club. Whether they do or not is up to them - but I would rather be in their position than ours.

Perhaps though now we are in seperate divisions we can focus on what the overall season needs to deliver rather than squabling on a forum about various scenarios that frankly are now irrelevant.

I am disappointed with the recent events but we have a great chairman and great future. Palace in the short term are in a better place than us.

Which is really the story for the last 20 years. But we aer in a position to change that forever - the play off results mean that rather than over take them this year or next we will need to wait another 4-5 years to try and get in front of them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
These are all interesting debates and view points. It pains me to say that we got done in the game at the Amex by a side who had the right plan and executed it perfectly.

Perhaps with Ulloa here all season we would have been in a better position. He wasnt. We arent.

I cannot abide Palace - but there is no point in denying that they have simply completed a job that we were found wanting. They are in the Premier League and will now be able to transform the club. Whether they do or not is up to them - but I would rather be in their position than ours.

Perhaps though now we are in seperate divisions we can focus on what the overall season needs to deliver rather than squabling on a forum about various scenarios that frankly are now irrelevant.

I am disappointed with the recent events but we have a great chairman and great future. Palace in the short term are in a better place than us.

Which is really the story for the last 20 years. But we aer in a position to change that forever - the play off results mean that rather than over take them this year or next we will need to wait another 4-5 years to try and get in front of them.

Are you sure you've posted this on the right thread?

BHAMalcom

Nov 15, 2012
Anyone who thinks Bridcutt will go for anywhere near what they got for Zaha has got it very wrong.

Defensive Mid's from the Championship do not go for that sort of money. He will go for 4M tops, which is what worries me the most since he is more than in Palace's range. The fact he wont have to move house and will be a starter in the Premier League makes Palace one of the favorites IMHO.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone who thinks Bridcutt will go for anywhere near what they got for Zaha has got it very wrong.

Defensive Mid's from the Championship do not go for that sort of money. He will go for 4M tops, which is what worries me the most since he is more than in Palace's range. The fact he wont have to move house and will be a starter in the Premier League makes Palace one of the favorites IMHO.

We're not obliged and don't need to sell him. So I can't see him going for less than 5m - an amount that would make for a very interesting transfer window for us.

You're right that there's no comparison with Zaha, but he went for 10m + add ons.

BHAMalcom

Nov 15, 2012
We're not obliged and don't need to sell him. So I can't see him going for less than 5m - an amount that would make for a very interesting transfer window for us.

You're right that there's no comparison with Zaha, but he went for 10m + add ons.

I see him going for 3M plus add ons.

The worrying thing for me is that i'm hearing a few rumors that the guys at the Argus are sitting on a story regarding Bridcutt saying he's ready to play in the Prem now. Not directly saying it but you know the national media will pick it up and portray it as him saying he wants to go.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Why would we agree to sell him for 3m?

"we" won't agree on any deal, Tony B will weigh the options, contract value, transfer value, swap deals etc

you can't blame any player upping thier salary, and unfortunatly palarse have the funds now and the advantage of the commutable location

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can you really see Bloom (a fan when all is said and done) selling Bridcutt to them? Yes he will probably go to the premier league but I would imagine Palace would have to pay a fair few £ over any other team + would Bridcutt really want to go there anyway.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
"we" won't agree on any deal, Tony B will weigh the options, contract value, transfer value, swap deals etc

you can't blame any player upping thier salary, and unfortunatly palarse have the funds now and the advantage of the commutable location

Let's not argue over semantics. I'm sure you realise that when I say 'we', you know I mean the management of the club that we support.

Anyway, bids will obviously come in for Bridcutt, and he'll be sold to the highest bidder providing that it's a bid that we (Tony B and the board) can't turn down. However, given our recent history of turning down high bids for Buckley, I can't see a low bid being accepted for our player of the season with 2 years remaining on his current deal.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Yes because Wolves have done so well from their Premiership stint haven't they! And Blackburn. And Burnley. And Charlton. And Derby. And loads and loads of similar sized clubs who've been in the premiership in recent years, without making much long-term difference to their finances and overall position. Fact is... clubs receive millions for going up, but they have to spend millions on transfer fees and massively inflated wages to then try and compete. Clubs rarely come back down with millions in the bank or a shiny new stadium to show for it. The same will happen to p*alace. They'll waist a fortune on wages and rubbish players who aren't wanted by any of the established premiership clubs, get hammered every week as the majority of their squad aren't up to the required level, and get relegated with a huge ongoing wage commitment and still playing in a crumbling old almost-condemned stadium.

Irrespective of what the result of the plays offs, to suggest that Palace are anything other than miles and miles behind us is laughable. Just remind yourself where we play and where they play. Compare our fanbase and some of their pathetic attendance figures from last season. Fair play to them, they beat us fair and square. But both sets of fans know which way the wind is blowing in the long-term.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yes because Wolves have done so well from their Premiership stint haven't they! And Blackburn. And Burnley. And Charlton. And Derby. And loads and loads of similar sized clubs who've been in the premiership in recent years, without making much long-term difference to their finances and overall position. Fact is... clubs receive millions for going up, but they have to spend millions on transfer fees and massively inflated wages to then try and compete. Clubs rarely come back down with millions in the bank or a shiny new stadium to show for it. The same will happen to p*alace. They'll waist a fortune on wages and rubbish players who aren't wanted by any of the established premiership clubs, get hammered every week as the majority of their squad aren't up to the required level, and get relegated with a huge ongoing wage commitment and still playing in a crumbling old almost-condemned stadium.

Irrespective of what the result of the plays offs, to suggest that Palace are anything other than miles and miles behind us is laughable. Just remind yourself where we play and where they play. Compare our fanbase and some of their pathetic attendance figures from last season. Fair play to them, they beat us fair and square. But both sets of fans know which way the wind is blowing in the long-term.

You Sir, are utterly deluded. Firstly you mention the money that past promoted teams have gained and how it hasn't made them stronger long term. Well this year was the year to get promoted as the pot went up a hell of a lot, from £60 million to £120 million. The parachute payments that we will receive alone are the equivalent to an extra 37000 season ticket holders each year for 4 years. We have also just made £10 million from the sale of Zaha which should ride to £15 million, our sponsorship earnings will go up as will our gate recepits. With this money we blow you out of the water for the next 4 years unless you can get promoted yourself, our budget will be bigger than your's and we realistically should be able to get in better players as a result of this.

You then go on to talk as if our chairman will squander all the money on shit players and pay them big wages. Where is the evidence for this? In CPFC2010's rein, we have never spent big, in fact our whole starting X1 that beat you in the 2nd leg cost less than Ulloa! Our owners are very sensible and have said we will follow the prudent approachs adopted by Norwich and Swansea in recent years rather than the throw money at big name mercenaries approach that QPR took. We are looking to get the best players in The Championship to join us which gives us a great chance of coming back up if we do go back down, which again, you don't know for sure will happen. Holloway's Blackpool so nearly survived in the Premiership 3 years ago despite massive odds against them and a 10k maximum wage bill per player so we have a proven manager that can compete as this level and with a tad more luck, keep us up.

Lastly you talk about the 2 respective stadiums and fanbases affecting things. Same old, same old. In regards to fanbase, let me remind you that only just over 2 years ago, you got pathetic crowds of 7000-8000. Promotion and the new stadium has seen your fanbase rise massively as will ours, you can expect 24000-25000 Palace attending games next season. Who is to say though that your fanbase won't start to drop in a year or 2 as the fair weather fans get fed up with waiting for promotion to the promised land and the team start losing more than they win?
In regards to stadia, a major refurbishment of Selhurst is planned. Granted, your shiny stadium will always be nicer to look at until we move on but that doesn't give you any advantage on the pitch, where it really matters.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. If the club sell Bridcutt before this Poyet mess is sorted then they'll lose a lot of fan support.
2. If he has to be sold in due course I'd rather the new boss had got his feet under the table and at least had a decent crack at persuading him to stay.
3. Bridcutt is established as a quality player and Scottish international to boot. £3million is bollocks, it would have to be £5million plus.
4. I actually think Bridcutt should stay for next season at least. I don't see any sides to be worried about in 2013/14 and if we resolve this manager issue soon we should be better placed to make a challenge than where we were this time last year. This time next year he could be club captain of a Prem side and his name in Albion folklore firmly established. Surely better than warming the bench at Norwich for 2 years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here