Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt to Palace?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
yes your right how did you know? basically I used to support brighton and before that liverpool, but i had enough because they both ended up turning out to be shit so ive decied to move. Im supporting crystal palace now.

STH since 02, know you place, First game 16 sept 95.

If you want a solid bet, bet on palace to finish above brighton next season.

We're all waiting for the speciality bets from the bookies , such as Palace to get into double figures points-wise , any Palace player to score 5 or more goals , Palace to concede 100 or more goals in 38 league games.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
In the one-off playoff games, yes you were better. Over the course of the season, four teams finished higher than you (including us), suggesting 4 teams (including us) are better than you. We beat a full strength Chelsea side this season. You turned over United. Neither of our squads are better than theirs, we just won one-off games, as often happen.

Not detracting from your promotion which was deserved from the playoff performances, but your squad DOES need a revamp to stand a chance in the prem. Your squad depth is very thin, your attack hugely dependent on two key players (both now unavailable) and your defence woefully brittle. That's not bitterness or bias, it's observation.

You didn't win for god knows how long leading into the playoffs. If it was grim and difficult against Barnsley and Derby et all, imagine playing like that against utd, city, arsenal etc. The same would be true of us if we had gone up, don't get me wrong - but don't consider our criticism as rivalry-based bitterness - it's just the obvious truth.

A good post, but it's not something the vast majority of Palace fans don't know already. I think the argument on here stems from the fact quite a few people think we have absolutely no chance of staying up regardless of who we're able to sign.

It doesn't bother me personally, everyone on here predicted we would go down last season and look what happened. If we only spend one season in the Premier League but it means we're able to redevelop our two side stands from the revenue, it'll all be worth it.

As for Bridcutt, it's very unlikely he'll join us but a trio of Jedinak, Bridcutt and Williams in midfield would be good at any level. I won't hold my breath on this transfer but stranger things have happened aka FFS Murray!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A good post, but it's not something the vast majority of Palace fans don't know already. I think the argument on here stems from the fact quite a few people think we have absolutely no chance of staying up regardless of who we're able to sign.

It doesn't bother me personally, everyone on here predicted we would go down last season and look what happened. If we only spend one season in the Premier League but it means we're able to redevelop our two side stands from the revenue, it'll all be worth it.

As for Bridcutt, it's very unlikely he'll join us but a trio of Jedinak, Bridcutt and Williams in midfield would be good at any level. I won't hold my breath on this transfer but stranger things have happened aka FFS Murray!
Ripping out the wooden seats in the Arthur Wait and replacing them with plastic seats isn't a proper redevelopment though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's me thinking when it came down to it we were the better side and went up

You were the better side in ONE very important game.

We were the better side over FORTY SIX games.

Which is the more logical set of data on which to judge who has the better squad? (Clue - it's the 2nd one)

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

Which is the more logical set of data on which to judge who has the better squad? (Clue - it's the 2nd one)

You finished 3 points above us not 20. And that's only after we went on a run of no wins in 9.

I'll tell you what 'set of data' you should use to judge who is the better team (clue - we went up you didn't)

:drink:

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013

We were the better side over forty nine games.

Unlucky.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

If that statement helps to stop the tears from rolling down your rosy cheeks, we'll let you have that one!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We would have had to reinforce the squad with 8 or 9 new signings to have that small chance of avoiding the immediate drop , on the other hand Palace need 15 odd players just to cover the starting 11 and subs bench.

:facepalm:

You make it sound like there was a huge class gap between the teams last season but it was 3 only points. Then we SMASHED you when it mattered.

In Speroni, Ward, Williams, Jedinak, Bolasie and Murray we already have players that can play in the Premiership and there's a few others like Garvan, Delaney and Parr who could suprise and do well. Realistically though we need 8 signings.

Then we look at your shower. Face it, most of your best players are gone or going: Bridge, Upson, Bridcutt, Vicente etc. You have no manager and you are a shambles off the pitch. You need to accept it that you f***ed up a great chance of promotion and it's all downhill from now whilst we will be enjoying the Premiership and the riches that come with it. Even if we do go straight back down the money we will make makes us significantly stronger than if we hadn't of gone up.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Wouldn't be sold for anything south of £5 million I'd hope.

I'd have to reconsider life as a concept if Bridcutt were to join the scum.

Can see why they'd be interested though, Jedinak's thuggery will be useless without the ball skills in the prem.

Having previously rejected him however I doubt Liam would be too keen.

The interviews he has had over Palace shows how much he despises that club! Remember all the taunting he did pre-St Paddy's Day!?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You finished 3 points above us not 20. And that's only after we went on a run of no wins in 9.

I'll tell you what 'set of data' you should use to judge who is the better team (clue - we went up you didn't)

:drink:

So its a 37 game season now then...... :facepalm:

The table doesn't lie, we were better than you over the course of the season.

You beat us in the play-off's fair and square after a good 45 mins, where you took your 2 chances, and then comfortably beat Watford.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Premier League and you do seem to have a good manager in Holloway despite what some of your fans felt before the play-off's.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
So its a 37 game season now then...... :facepalm:

The table doesn't lie, we were better than you over the course of the season.

You beat us in the play-off's fair and square after a good 45 mins, where you took your 2 chances, and then comfortably beat Watford.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Premier League and you do seem to have a good manager in Holloway despite what some of your fans felt before the play-off's.

I'd be quite happy to finish 3 points below you and still beat you to promotion despite yourselves spending FAR more on your squad.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
:facepalm:

You make it sound like there was a huge class gap between the teams last season but it was 3 only points. Then we SMASHED you when it mattered.

In Speroni, Ward, Williams, Jedinak, Bolasie and Murray we already have players that can play in the Premiership and there's a few others like Garvan, Delaney and Parr who could suprise and do well. Realistically though we need 8 signings.

Then we look at your shower. Face it, most of your best players are gone or going: Bridge, Upson, Bridcutt, Vicente etc. You have no manager and you are a shambles off the pitch. You need to accept it that you f***ed up a great chance of promotion and it's all downhill from now whilst we will be enjoying the Premiership and the riches that come with it. Even if we do go straight back down the money we will make makes us significantly stronger than if we hadn't of gone up.

For ****s sake, you Croydon retard, it's "have" not "of". ****ing hell, it's not difficult.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd be quite happy to finish 3 points below you and still beat you to promotion despite yourselves spending FAR more on your squad.

FAR more? You seem to know quite a lot about our squad, and am assuming you mean wages, because with the exception of Ulloa, I'm not sure we paid anything else out. Perhaps Orlandi and definitely Dobbie (but as we know you're being kind enough to take that loss off our hands :thumbsup: ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here