Bridcutt to Palace?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013
The Premier League is nothing but a name devised by Sky to make it a more marketable commodity to the European audience.

It is also one of, if not the most competitive leagues in the world and my point still remains.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Complete bullshite but out of interest to the palace trolls if the roles were reversed how much do you think Jedi would go for if he moved to Brighton? We have seen Barber in FFP action and Tony Bloom I believe is quite astute with cash so do you really think they would let their key player go for 3 million, not a chance.

I would suggest that if Jedinak signs his new contract for Palace in the Premier League, they wouldn't be forced to sell him for anything at all. But if managerless, in-fighting Brighton don't convince Bridcutt to do the same, and he only has, say 12 months remaining on his contract, £3m coming in to a club whose current cash troubles are well publicised would be far more attractive than letting him walk for free next year. But surely Brighton haven't let things get to that point?

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013
Can you explain the difference between the top flight of English football and the Premier League please.

A lot if you are talking about the difference between the top flight in 1983 and the Premier League now!

It is also one of, if not the most competitive leagues in the world and my point still remains.

What point?

The one that is implying if something is re-named the entire history of the competition is expunged?

Charity Shield/Community Shield
League Cup/Milk Cup/Rumbelows/Coca Cola/Capital One etc
European Cup/Champions League
Division 1/Premiership
Division 2/Championship

FA Cup/FA Cup sponsored by (insert name here)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Absolutely. Will it be Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United again to win it......and who will the other team with Palace and Hull to be relegated?

So many questions. Its exciting.

:)

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Would you be happy if the albion matched any potential wage offers for Bridders? I.e. Palace offer him 40k - would you happy to offer that as well?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I would suggest that if Jedinak signs his new contract for Palace in the Premier League, they wouldn't be forced to sell him for anything at all. But if managerless, in-fighting Brighton don't convince Bridcutt to do the same, and he only has, say 12 months remaining on his contract, £3m coming in to a club whose current cash troubles are well publicised would be far more attractive than letting him walk for free next year. But surely Brighton haven't let things get to that point?

Shows just what you actually know, ie the square root of **** all. Bridders under contract until 2015

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013
What point?

The one that is implying if something is re-named the entire history of the competition is expunged?

Charity Shield/Community Shield
League Cup/Milk Cup/Rumbelows/Coca Cola/Capital One etc
European Cup/Champions League
Division 1/Premiership
Division 2/Championship

FA Cup/FA Cup sponsored by (insert name here)

Ok point taken, still dosen't take anything away from the fact that saying Brighton WOULD have stayed up is a ridiculous thing to say.

Ok point taken, still dosen't take anything away from the fact that saying Brighton WOULD have stayed up is a ridiculous thing to say.

On that I do agree, there is no certainty's in football, what a bloody boring game it would be if there was. (other than top 4 of The Premiership)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We would have had to reinforce the squad with 8 or 9 new signings to have that small chance of avoiding the immediate drop , on the other hand Palace need 15 odd players just to cover the starting 11 and subs bench.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
JCL with an April 2011 join date I presume?

During 30 years of you stranded in the wilderness the vast majority of us wanted you to get back to playing us. We enjoyed the rivalry, we wanted to play you as often as possible. Certainly a fair few of us signed the infamous 'give Bright & Hove Albion a new home' petition. I know I certainly did. We've been involved in REMF and have donated to it even though our charity is the Geoff Thomas Foundation. This quote right here fishing or not shows just how classy some of BHA's fans really are.

I completely agree with you - most decent palace fans ( i know a few as i work with 5 bleeding ambassador palace supporters) want to play brighton and i am the same interms of wanting to play you - there is no point in a decent rivalry if you dont play each other - (excluding the pain of the play off games). Having said that it will be nice to have a break next season... I am sure your board will manage the money well and you will be very strong assuming you get relegated next season when you get back to the champs the following year - with decent planning and management the promotion has secured your financial future. It has to be said what palace acheived this season was amazing considered many felt you were relegation favorites so fair play to you. Perhaps we might even swop places next next season?? It will be interesting to see how you go in the prem.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

In what way is it competetive? There is very little competition, there are 2 teams capable of winning it, no one else has a hope in hell of finishing top. At the bottom, there are 3 new teams, they will [probably] struggle to compete in any way, just like QPR & Reading did.

Competetive, no way, exciting (at times) yes, compelling (at times) yes, financially lucrative, oh yes.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I'm not convinced Crystal Palace will fall straight away. They are, like we would have been, one of about six or seven sides that could be relegated. It all depends on how well they manage themselves on the budget they have.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Absolutely. Will it be Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United again to win it......and who will the other team with Palace and Hull to be relegated?

So many questions. Its exciting.

:)

Last day of the season not this year but the year before was pretty ****ing exciting

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
We would have had to reinforce the squad with 8 or 9 new signings to have that small chance of avoiding the immediate drop , on the other hand Palace need 15 odd players just to cover the starting 11 and subs bench.

I have to admit that actually made me chuckle. You genuinely don't have a clue what you're talking about :dunce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have to admit that actually made me chuckle. You genuinely don't have a clue what you're talking about :dunce:

You currently have players in the Palace squad who are no better than League 1 standard and are completely out of their depth. :wink: Knorr want to sponsor you club next season because Palace will be the Premier League laughing stock :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports