Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt to join Buckley at Champions of Europe

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Obviously both heading to Leeds for the arrival of the messiah. Chelski and Leeds are the only teams he could deign to lead. Give the Red faced Scotsman about 33 days, and I expect Cellini (still miraculously owning the club, albeit illegally!) will have a vacancy only one so exalted as Gus could fill.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Obviously both heading to Leeds for the arrival of the messiah. Chelski and Leeds are the only teams he could deign to lead. Give the Red faced Scotsman about 33 days, and I expect Cellini (still miraculously owning the club, albeit illegally!) will have a vacancy only one so exalted as Gus could fill.
Indeed.

Gus getting his players in advance.

Or maybe Bridcutt and Buckley are thick as thieves.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There's a lot of sour and envious rewriting history going on suddenly. Bridcutt wasn't repeatedly voted player of the year for nothing even if he did spoil it by :flounce:.

Anyway...... Leeds :laugh:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would have stephens and Kayal over Bridcutt every day (in current uncertain form - given he's not played much) If all at peak of ability i still would probably not replace them TBH although it would be close. I would find space for an in form and fit Buckley, but he's not been that for several years....

Absolutely this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
OK, just who, precisely, would Bridcutt replace now?

Ince, but we would be playing a different system to accommodate him.

In 4-1-4-1 Baldock or Hemed would be sacrificed, with Bridcutt playing in the space Ince would normally occupy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That is on the bench so it would have to be one of the wide men.

No, that is a formation we normally adopt later in matches after Ince comes on, normally for a forward.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think, if I were Steve Evans, I'd be checking my contract terms urgently. Gus bus is about to roll into Leeds.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be honest I was disappointed the way Bridcutt left and I don't particularly like Leeds but I think this deal is good for both parties. He's more than useful at Championship level and Leeds are beginning to get hold of some useful players, it's largely immaterial while they have a basket case chairman and deranged manager but there's no doubt the likes of Wood, Bridcutt, Cook, Byram, Buckley, Antenucci, Dallas would give someone of Gus's ability something to work with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here