Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Readings radar

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Well, if you are correct in your assessment then he has to be worth circa £10m. No-one will pay anything close to that. So I hope he stays. Regarding his career, he didn't really have one when Chelsea released him and the likes of Palace rejected him so one would like to think that he feels some gratitude towards Gus and the club. He is only 23 so it's not like he is in the last chance saloon for that big money move.

So what makes Zaha worth over £10M? He is no better and no more valuable than Bridcutt in my view.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
If you read back Zebedee you'll see we are more in agreement than you think. I think he is worth IRO £10m in comparative termsbut know that we would not be offered that. Ninja is correct that attacking players go for the big bucks but players like Bridcutt have an immense value to a team if not the same value in the transfer market. That should change imo. People have raved for years about attacking midfielders like Gerrard and Lampard but that fact is that without a Lucas or a Makelele alongside doing the defensive work their influence would be greatly diminished. There are very few players that have played the role effectively over recent years in England so why should there not be a reciprocal market value?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The more I think about it the more I think he's worth. I'm currently up to £10m - he is, as we all know, seriously that good and if no one wants to pay £10m that's great - we get to keep him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you explain what you meant by the bolded point?
Yeah.
I think we all agree LB is worth more to BHA than the actual value of a championship holding midfielder, on the open market.

His contract is getting ever shorter, that's just a fact of life.
Therefore the nearer he gets to 2015 the less his monetary value becomes, until Jan 2015, when a la Cesc with Arsenal, his value will be nothing.

If from now to then, he's still pulling all our strings, still player of the season, still:-

'Todays Albion Man of the Match who isn't Liam Bridcutt is...', his actual value to Brighton will be unprecedented in club history.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Yeah.
I think we all agree LB is worth more to BHA than the actual value of a championship holding midfielder, on the open market.

His contract is getting ever shorter, that's just a fact of life.
Therefore the nearer he gets to 2015 the less his monetary value becomes, until Jan 2015, when a la Cesc with Arsenal, his value will be nothing.

If from now to then, he's still pulling all our strings, still player of the season, still:-

'Todays Albion Man of the Match who isn't Liam Bridcutt is...', his actual value to Brighton will be unprecedented in club history.

Ah gotcha.

I thought you meant his value towards the team will decrease as better players arrive and make his contribution less important.

Which I would I have disagreed with massively, because I think he'll fit in well with better players and be even better than he is today.

But what you actually meant makes perfect sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here