Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Readings radar

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Hope this is a joke, might increase wages but will be no better off in the near future, Reading for f*** sake:annoyed:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not a destination I would be worrying about in this transfer window...... in the summer maybe if they stay up?

he still lives in Reading though according to his comments in Saturday's programme

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If anything, these FA Cup matches show once again that the gap between us and even the really big Premiership clubs isn't as big as is often thought. But an overpromoted little outfit playing in a shed off the M4 like Reading? They're not fit to lace his boots. He'd be crazy to go there.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
not a destination I would be worrying about in this transfer window...... in the summer maybe if they stay up?

he still lives in Reading though according to his comments in Saturday's programme

I assumed he meant "home" as in, family/roots, not where he actually lives?

Jimmy Grimble

I assumed he meant "home" as in, family/roots, not where he actually lives?

Same. Pretty sure he lives in Woodingdean.

And as [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] says above, he dislikes Reading. Not worried about him going to them as much as other clubs.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure Reading are interested, so - I'd imagine - are every other Tom, Dick and Harry.

The fact is he's ours, he's on a long contract, he's happy, and he's f***ing brilliant. No way is he going anywhere unless it's for mega bucks. Forget Reading, top half teams should be looking at him, not relegation fodder.

The best thing about Bridcutt is he's almost made me forget those wilderness years after Chippy retired when we basically didn't have a midfield. He is that good. Amazing player and crucial to our style.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been thinking about this, Bridders is in a tough spot, assuming he's enjoying life with BHA.

- He wants to play at the top level.
- He wants to do that with Brighton, why would you leave when things are this good.
- He's contracted to do that (2015)
- But he can have it now and Tony gets big wodge of cash.
- Chances are he'll still have offers in 2015, but no Albion cash.
- Any move now and he won't be the fulcrum of the new team.

It's not like most transfers, what with his importance to us.
All the time he stays his actual value to us will decrease, while his physical value is likely to increase.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
i don't think he would move there but still it would be much better than him going to somewhere like QPR, Villa or Liverpool, clubs that are on the slide with little prospect and a history of terrible signings but splashing big wages. Reading have a good manager and that could be tempting for him, and also a birth in the first team. However saying that if we go up this season he wouldn't be in a better position with then than with us really, and i think our investment in the transfer windows will keep him interested because it shows intent, nothing worse for a player than being at a club with a lack of ambition.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The best thing about Bridcutt is he's almost made me forget those wilderness years after Chippy retired when we basically didn't have a midfield. He is that good. Amazing player and crucial to our style.

Taking the thread on a tangent, but I was thinking through some of the midfielders we've had in our side inbetween the Oatway/Carpenter days and now the Bridcutt/Vicente/Buckley times. It's quite interesting (well I thought) just how far some of the players have dropped in comparison to how far we've climbed.

Chris Burchill (Port Vale), Kevin Mcleod (Chelmsford), Jason Jarrett (Fc Halifax), David Livermore (Histon), Tommy Fraser (Whitehawk).

Seb Carole has been at Knaresborough Town. Alexandre Frutos now in the 4th division in Belgium.

How far we've come.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Taking the thread on a tangent, but I was thinking through some of the midfielders we've had in our side inbetween the Oatway/Carpenter days and now the Bridcutt/Vicente/Buckley times. It's quite interesting (well I thought) just how far some of the players have dropped in comparison to how far we've climbed.

Chris Burchill (Port Vale), Kevin Mcleod (Chelmsford), Jason Jarrett (Fc Halifax), David Livermore (Histon), Tommy Fraser (Whitehawk).

Seb Carole has been at Knaresborough Town. Alexandre Frutos now in the 4th division in Belgium.

How far we've come.

WOW that's amazing. I don't suppose you, or anyone else, knows what happened to Tony Rougier?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Same. Pretty sure he lives in Woodingdean.

And as [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] says above, he dislikes Reading. Not worried about him going to them as much as other clubs.

he has just brought my mates house near charmendean centre,

D

Deleted member 18477

I've been thinking about this, Bridders is in a tough spot, assuming he's enjoying life with BHA.

- He wants to play at the top level.
- He wants to do that with Brighton, why would you leave when things are this good.
- He's contracted to do that (2015)
- But he can have it now and Tony gets big wodge of cash.
- Chances are he'll still have offers in 2015, but no Albion cash.
- Any move now and he won't be the fulcrum of the new team.

It's not like most transfers, what with his importance to us.
All the time he stays his actual value to us will decrease, while his physical value is likely to increase.

agreed. so the club give him a new deal now to get him tied down till 2017! just like we've done to buckley. then if someone wants to buy them then fair enough they pay up!

the downside to this is if the player rejects a contract then you need to sell before the players contract runs out... although if bridcutt was to reject a new contract and then we went up to the prem and he left on a free i wouldnt give 2 shits... because we'd be rich anyway!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Do not understand people on here. He has a contract until 2015, so there is no way he will go in this window. The summer will be a different story,if we do not go up I expect they may cash in and get a few players in with the money. I would think CMS and Dobbie will be the only ones if any that go. Does not make any sense to get rid of a quality player with 2 years on his contract to at least the summer unless someone offers silly money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here