Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's always disappointing when it comes to this sort of conclusion. Bennett and Noone went gracefully, when transfer requests go in it always seems a bit dirty, especially when (and I know it counts for nothing) the kid was dropping through the football leagues quicker than Pompey.

Yup, I despise players that hand in transfer requests in order to 'force' a move, especially when he knows Sunderland are trying to get him for next to nothing so he tries to force our hand and leave us out of pocket, Bridders and Poyet have both gone down in my estimations considerably, Bridcutt especially as I expect nothing more from Gus class wise.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
This is where I am hoping to see Paul Barber's financial capabilities, being top dog only to Tony, I expect he will put pressure to get top dollar. Very pleased we have him at the club for exactly this reason.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Onwards and upwards.... Time to get rid and move on.

I for one will give Liam a good reception when he returns to the Amex next season with Sunderland in The Championship.

Without question he deserves his chance in the Premier League, just a shame it will literally be for 3-4 months.

Nothing would now give me more pleasure than seeing us going up and Poyet and co coming down in the other direction

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would have thought that any financial loss from missing out on a loyalty payment will be reflected in the size of the signing on fee.

But will benefit the selling club.

If the loyalty payment is 5% (which used to be the standard figure) then BHAFC benefit to the tune of £100K+....... ...not to be sniffed at.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
BHA may well be aware he wants away but have not agreed as no doubt Bridcutt is on a bonus if we sell him which he loses if he hands in a transfer request. Perhaps he has decided that the signing on fee and increased wages outweigh the loss of a bonus from Brighton. Don't mind him wanting to play in the Prem just wish it wasn't with Sunderland (or Palace).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There are many things I don't like about football today and this is just another thing.

I'm sure Bridcutt's agent has put him up to it. What irks me, is that regardless of transfer requests, he remains under contract, so frankly whether he makes a request or not is irrelevant in my eyes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is where I am hoping to see Paul Barber's financial capabilities, being top dog only to Tony, I expect he will put pressure to get top dollar. Very pleased we have him at the club for exactly this reason.

It's reassuring to know that 2 men sat at the stable doing the negotiating are these 2 savvy chaps. Do your thing Paul.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Get a decent fee and move on. His hasn't looked up for it since his return from injury anyway.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Your favourite player - CMS?

Hope not, my little girl got me a signed pic of CMS for Xmas....If Flecther goes and Poyet gets £10+ million for him, I suspect he will be looking for a target man to replace him......Hang on, it could be Cms, after all Poyet was going to build a team around him here, wasn't he???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some people are really sensitive.

Earlier in this thread people were saying 'sell him', giving the different amounts they'd accept. Where was the loyalty to him then? Now people are affronted because he's shown he's as willing to leave here as most people on this thread were to let him go?

It's football. Players move on. Sometimes impasses are reached and the only way forward without disrupting the club is a transfer request. It's no reason to lose respect for or turn on anyone.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Players do a job. Have you ever left a job to go somewhere else? There is only one kind of loyalty in football and that is the fans. Players and mangers come & go but the club goes on.

All very true, what irritates me isn't even a loyalty thing though really I just hate it when players, who earn silly money, hand in transfer requests to try and force the people who pay them to sell, especially in this case as it does nothing to help the club get a bigger fee, just means Sunderland will now think we will have no choice to sooner or later sell him at a cut price. Classless from both Poyet & Bridders.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh and I'd like to see a cheeky offer for Charlton's Jordan Cousins made as a long term replacement for Bridcutt & Andrews, let's get him before his value increase to 7 figures.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Earlier in this thread people were saying 'sell him', giving the different amounts they'd accept. Where was the loyalty to him then? Now people are affronted because he's shown he's as willing to leave here as most people on this thread were to let him go?

It's football. Players move on. Sometimes impasses are reached and the only way forward without disrupting the club is a transfer request. It's no reason to lose respect for or turn on anyone.
This is the key to it for me, it's not that he's willing but that he wants to go.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let's hope some other clubs such as Swansea & Everton come in for him to. I want a bidding war over our Liam and I want it now! The club who needs Liam most (when they finally get a new progressive manager) is West Ham. Good luck & thanks to the lad unless he signs for SCUM FC.

Everton? Let's keep a grip on reality. Bridcutt's a good player, but I couldn't see him getting many games in competition with Barry, Osman, Barkley, McCarthy or even Gibson when fit.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

This is not a time for rational thought.

Traitorous b**tard!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here