Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My understanding is that Bridcutt had been told he was going nowhere in this transfer window.

This will have forced his hand and led to the transfer request.

Good on TB

Wasn't Poyet alleged to have told some players he was leaving and would be coming back for them just before the shit hit the fan? Can't see there is any way that TB is going to make it anything but very expensive for Gus to follow through his promise.

Let's not forget Bridcutt has 18 months (?) left on his contract, he's not in the strongest position.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Players that hand in transfer requests :tosser:

Just sell him if he's that desperate to go, don't want to play for us then DO ONE. Thanks for the years of quality service. :wave:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It shouldn't come as a surprise, his head has been turned and that has been painfully evident in his under par performances.

And Poyet knows that most if not all players will be turned by the lure of the premiership. This was always going to happen if we knocked back their bids and will happen to other players should any PL clubs come calling.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Farewell Liam, does this cancel out any entitlement to loyalty payments

I would have thought that any financial loss from missing out on a loyalty payment will be reflected in the size of the signing on fee.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Sunderland don't come up with a proper fee, stick him in the dev squad until Feb 1st.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't begrudge him wanting to play in the Prem but this request seems to be engineered by his and Poyet's agent to force the sale through on the cheap so I have lost a lot of respect for Bridcutt now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Uve always stuck up for Poyet since he went to some degree - this is really testing that. There really is no respect or loyalty in football - don't care what anyone says, raiding and disrupting former clubs players is bang out if order!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
£4 Million to Sunderland. £3.5m to everyone else. Can't see Bloom being shafted by Sunderland but if the money is right that's where he will go.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Just sell him if he's that desperate to go, don't want to play for us then DO ONE. Thanks for the years of quality service. :wave:

It's always disappointing when it comes to this sort of conclusion. Bennett and Noone went gracefully, when transfer requests go in it always seems a bit dirty, especially when (and I know it counts for nothing) the kid was dropping through the football leagues quicker than Pompey.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Players do a job. Have you ever left a job to go somewhere else? There is only one kind of loyalty in football and that is the fans. Players and mangers come & go but the club goes on.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Uve always stuck up for Poyet since he went to some degree - this is really testing that. There really is no respect or loyalty in football - don't care what anyone says, raiding and disrupting former clubs players is bang out if order!

Brace yourself,,I doubt Bridcutt is the only one he wants. Who do you think is going to replace Flecther??

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I don't begrudge him wanting to play in the Prem but this request seems to be engineered by his and Poyet's agent to force the sale through on the cheap so I have lost a lot of respect for Bridcutt now.

This.

£4 Million to Sunderland. £3.5m to everyone else. Can't see Bloom being shafted by Sunderland but if the money is right that's where he will go.

And this.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let's hope some other clubs such as Swansea & Everton come in for him to. I want a bidding war over our Liam and I want it now! The club who needs Liam most (when they finally get a new progressive manager) is West Ham. Good luck & thanks to the lad unless he signs for SCUM FC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's always disappointing when it comes to this sort of conclusion. Bennett and Noone went gracefully, when transfer requests go in it always seems a bit dirty, especially when (and I know it counts for nothing) the kid was dropping through the football leagues quicker than Pompey.

Bennett did exactly the same thing. He handed in a transfer request although he was persuaded to stay to help us get promoted.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I would assume that by handing in a transfer request, Liam may lose some contract benefits.
Wasn't this similar to EB's eventual agreement to getting his transfer granted? I'm probably mistaken but I vaguely recall EB handing a transfer request to trigger some clause or something.
This is Tony at his devilish best. The club look good and the player loses some of our respect.
Cheerio Liam

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here