Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Isn't there a sell on for Buckley due to Watford!

Anything we sell half goes to clear any FFP debt. I swear barber said this would be the case for any transfer fees during this window?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has Bridcutt verbally asked to leave?

(Edit) Has he told Bloom that if he could leave tomorrow he would?
He doesn't have to say anything to the club. All he has to do is let his agent know he is happy to move and he'll do all the rest, including pocket a percentage of any deal. Don't forget that when LBs wages rise then so does the agent's! That's the way it works. Not ideal but that's life!
There are plenty of agents that will try start the ball rolling on new deals for their players, even if it's not what they player has asked for. Bridcutt's agent could easily tell BHA that he wants to go to Sunderland, and then when Sunderland are close to matching our fee, tell Bridcutt that Sunderland really want him, and BHA don't mind him going - suddenly he feels unwanted and wants to leave. That's why it's important the club speaks to him about what he wants, and what we can do to keep him. We can't just rely on what his agent says, as we have no idea if he's telling the truth.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose that depends on the clubs belief that the clauses will be met.

I wonder what the clauses would be. Obviously avoiding relegation and maybe 50 league appearances (obviously just guessing here).
You would have thought the avoiding relegation clause would be the biggest of all. Perhaps £1m->£1.5m for that?

If they are sensible clauses then I think £2.5m is not bad. If we somehow managed to eventually take in £4m for him then that's pretty impressive.

Alternatively, give us Connor Wickham. Thanks :lolol:

I think we will basically want the money unconditionally. Hence my shift from £4M to £3.5M with add-ons, rather than £2.5M plus...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
On what Bridcutt has said verbally, the only thing i've heard him say is that he wants to play in the premiership and he would find it hard to turn down a premiership club. As Sunderland have a high chance of being relegated I think that this would obviously complicate the terms of any agreement to sign. Sunderland may well have to compromise contract wise to secure him and that will affect adversely any transfer fee. I personally don't think they will get him this time round.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is another thing I am not happy about. Surely there is a serious conflict of interest when a prospective manager and a player both have the same agent.

Yep, on Bridcutts behalf, he has been put between a rock and a hard place.

His agent should be dealing with interest from other Prem clubs and not focusing on Sunderland because of Gus.

Even the fact that offers have been made public with "Close to deal" and "Next 24 hours" headlines makes a media circus out of a player who really only wants a quiet life.

When Noone went we only found out when he did, why could it not be the same for Bridcutt instead of all this Gus BS that has carried on since the summer.

Keep quiet, do the deal and then let us know, it's not complicated.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Would the agent get double wadge for dealing with both Gus and Liam?

His agent should be dealing with interest from other Prem clubs and not focusing on Sunderland because of Gus.

Even the fact that offers have been made public with "Close to deal" and "Next 24 hours" headlines makes a media circus out of a player who really only wants a quiet life.

When Noone went we only found out when he did, why could it not be the same for Bridcutt instead of all this Gus BS that has carried on since the summer.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Would the agent get double wadge for dealing with both Gus and Liam?

If he is acting on Sunderlands part then they will give him a fee for his role. Yes.

Club's now employ agents to recruit players. It's all very messy. You can often have 3-4 agents involved in one deal. Bonkers.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
:lolol: I'm sure he's DEVASTATED about his £200k sign on fee and his (no doubt) doubling of his wage.

He will be if it transpires that his agent could have got him a better deal with a club that will be playing premiership football next season.
Who knows what sort of deal Poyet has with his agent over transfers?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Isn't there a sell on for Buckley due to Watford!

Anything we sell half goes to clear any FFP debt. I swear barber said this would be the case for any transfer fees during this window?

Don't think so , it was said by someone at the club , may be Barber , that what has happened with our total turnover/profit so far (which is better than expected) the spending budget for new players will not be effected possibly increased . So the FFP is well in hand without any contributions from transfer funds , I guess though some will be put aside for a rainy day.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
:lolol: I'm sure he's DEVASTATED about his £250k sign on fee and his (no doubt) doubling of his wage.

Whilst Gus slips to the Championship and splits with Sunderland leaving Bridcutt high and dry amoungst a squad of mercenaries.

Or he could stay here for the rest of the season after being out for the first half, get back up to full fitness, develop his game under Oscar and have a choice of Prem clubs chasing him in the summer.

It's not a now or never Prem deal.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Whilst Gus slips to the Championship and splits with Sunderland leaving Bridcutt high and dry amoungst a squad of mercenaries.

Or he could stay here for the rest of the season after being out for the first half, get back up to full fitness, develop his game under Oscar and have a choice of Prem clubs chasing him in the summer.

It's not a now or never Prem deal.

And leaves on a free as out of contract...not good business

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There are plenty of agents that will try start the ball rolling on new deals for their players, even if it's not what they player has asked for. Bridcutt's agent could easily tell BHA that he wants to go to Sunderland, and then when Sunderland are close to matching our fee, tell Bridcutt that Sunderland really want him, and BHA don't mind him going - suddenly he feels unwanted and wants to leave. That's why it's important the club speaks to him about what he wants, and what we can do to keep him. We can't just rely on what his agent says, as we have no idea if he's telling the truth.

With due respect, you have no idea what the club have said to Bridcutt. He seems to me to be quite level headed and will know every player has a price. Also to say that BHA 'don't mind him going' is a bit disingenuous as you have not been party to conversations.

With due respect you haven't a clue what his agent is doing and who he is and is not touting his client to. The only reason we are aware of Sunderland is because of leaks to journos who print stories to sell papers. Neither Sunderland nor BHA have announced anything officially. As for keeping quiet, these stories sell papers because there are thousands of fans unlike you or me that thrive on transfer gossip.

If he is acting on Sunderlands part then they will give him a fee for his role. Yes.

Club's now employ agents to recruit players. It's all very messy. You can often have 3-4 agents involved in one deal. Bonkers.

I believe there are regulations in place to prevent agents acting for two parties in the same contract. In this case, Bridcutts agent is dealing with Sunderland on his clients behalf. It is unfortunate that his association with Poyet will make the negotiations easier for them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not handing in a transfer request is, sadly, absolutely no indication that the player is happy here.

Bridcutt has asked to leave verbally. The key financial ramification of handing in a written transfer request is that the player will lose any right to a contracted sign on fee.

The player, if confident his agent will get him the move, will never hand in a request.

Save me reading all this - he has asked to leave has he for sure?

Has Bozza added anything to this thread since he said the deal wasn't close?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here