Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
They never say they want him to play, they just by the time the team plays United.
Please read the quote correctly "by the time they face Manchester United in the Capital One Cup semi-finals on Tuesday" that does not say he is going to play just that they want to get the deal done by then, which means they can do the paperwork and he can be ready for the weekend.
Hmm, I'll remain skeptical myself. Seems fairly needless to specify getting the deal done by a particular match otherwise. It's the sort of detail often included in these rumours but suggests a lack of research in this instance.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The problem for Brighton may well be how they are paid for him, most transfers now include a long repayment period. It may well be that the fee is lower than many want on here if it is 100% cash upfront meaning Brighton can use the money straight away and not have to wait for 12/24 months?

I know it's not the way it's done today, but clubs should demand full payment up front, or **** off with your purchase.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I know it's not the way it's done today, but clubs should demand full payment up front, or **** off with your purchase.

Thats what I am saying, maybe the lower than expected fee could be due to 100% payment? A better "immediate" deal for Brighton to go and sign a player especially given the FPP that they are following

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The problem for Brighton may well be how they are paid for him, most transfers now include a long repayment period. It may well be that the fee is lower than many want on here if it is 100% cash upfront meaning Brighton can use the money straight away and not have to wait for 12/24 months?

Banks will recognise deferred income like this as it happens all the time in football. We will just do something similar when we spend it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Brighton are not desperate for cash. In fact a transfer received in instalments will suit FFP requirements better given that the cost of any transfer fees we pay for incoming players are spread over the course of the player's contract.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
i dont feel losing bridcutt is a huge blow we have ince to replace him and other players who can do that job he does

Agreed & the type of player Bridders is, if we refused to sell him and kept him against his will then he won't be the same player that has performed so well in past seasons, sad to see him go but he deserves premiership football, despite the fact Sunderland look a lot like being relegated.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As iv'e always stated, though i hoped i was wrong. 5M done deal a while ago.

I really hope you're not wrong. 5M for a defensive midfield player that isn't that suited to OG's style of play is an outstanding fee.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brighton are not desperate for cash. In fact a transfer received in instalments will suit FFP requirements better given that the cost of any transfer fees we pay for incoming players are spread over the course of the player's contract.

Most fees have instalments of some sort, with appearance clauses etc

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely suits everyone to get the deal done as early as possible.

Better to have the rest of the window for Oscar to assess squad and potential recruits etc.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Fair enought I didnt fully know the rules, but I thought that it would give you cash to go and spend this January as a push to go up. I am not talking about FPP for that but cash to help negotiate with others, there seems to be many teams around that would want to sell a player for cash up front as if they do it over a payment plan the club may not exist for the length of it

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thats what I am saying, maybe the lower than expected fee could be due to 100% payment? A better "immediate" deal for Brighton to go and sign a player especially given the FPP that they are following

You don't understand how FFP accounts for transfer fees though do you. So kiss off and enjoy relegation. And thanks for the 5M.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Aside from the obvious Gus factor you'd have thought he could do better than Sunderland. No disrespect.

:lolol:

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
Thread on the Sunderland forum claiming a source at Brighton with links to Newcastle united claimed Bridcutt refused to play yesterday to force a move

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

FFP is not based on cash receipts though. Given that when the Albion announce their results there will be stadium depreciation in for the first time (£4-5 million possibly), plus the wage costs of PIG, Ulloa, Crofts, Upson, all of whom will be on serious wedge, plus possibly any payoff to Gus and co, then our losses will be eye watering and will make last season's £9 million look like chicken feed.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
You don't understand how FFP accounts for transfer fees though do you. So kiss off and enjoy relegation. And thanks for the 5M.

I re-stated my comment above clever, in terms of any business cash is king which is what I am talking about. Relegation is no where near a certainty yet 4 points from safety and 6 points from been 3 places above, when the fixtures are in Sunderland favor compared to some of the others.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Aside from the obvious Gus factor you'd have thought he could do better than Sunderland. No disrespect.

:lolol:

He probably could and to be honest I dont think its a great singing for Sunderland given the position when ideally you would want players who are proven in the prem, although if the deal does go though I hope I am mistaken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here