Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt & Buckley ... SELL! SELL! SELL!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not one to gloat but can the impatient morons who don't know a lot about football listen to me next time :thumbsup: (yes I know today was only one game I just fancied pointing out some people were saying ridiculous things re selling Buckley) - well done [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] for outing them though haha

At your service, Sheebs.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Have you given them a chance? Have you said anything outlandish? We all have, and all got it wrong at times.

Indeed; I seem to remember you stating earlier in the season that we were missing the defensive coaching abilities of Tanno. Given the fact that we have conceded 7 fewer goals than this stage last season (and kept an incredible 10 clean sheets away from home, in 17 matches), suggests this was nonsense. Still, you will probably welcome this opportunity to express a different opinion now, based on the situation at this time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed; I seem to remember you stating earlier in the season that we were missing the defensive coaching abilities of Tanno. Given the fact that we have conceded 7 fewer goals than this stage last season (and kept an incredible 10 clean sheets away from home, in 17 matches), suggests this was nonsense. Still, you will probably welcome this opportunity to express a different opinion now, based on the situation at this time.

Happy to. It helps that we've had Upson for a whole season rather than from January onwards.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Happy to. It helps that we've had Upson for a whole season rather than from January onwards.

Yep, totally agree with that. And also very pleasing that we can go to a team like Bolton and keep a clean sheet, without Upson in the side. For me, one of the best things of this calendar year so far has been the re-emergence of Dunk. I don't know how much of the credit for that can be placed at the door of Garcia, but when you consider the development of the likes of Ince, JFC, March (and to a lesser extent Chicksen) this season it would appear to be more than coincidental.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yep, totally agree with that. And also very pleasing that we can go to a team like Bolton and keep a clean sheet, without Upson in the side. For me, one of the best things of this calendar year so far has been the re-emergence of Dunk. I don't know how much of the credit for that can be placed at the door of Garcia, but when you consider the development of the likes of Ince, JFC, March (and to a lesser extent Chicksen) this season it would appear to be more than coincidental.

Could be down to the new set-up, but I think not having a court case hanging over his head for the entire season has a lot to do with it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Could be down to the new set-up, but I think not having a court case hanging over his head for the entire season has a lot to do with it.

Throwing him in at palace last year was one of Poyet's worst decisions.
He reads the game extremely well for a young lad and I feel that playing with GG & Matt has been a major benefit in this respect.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'll leave that to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

Good analysis.

More now though.

:ffsparr:

[MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] calls it right.

That's two in a row now. Care to reassess?

Is this your thing now because you're so uninteresting and you can't put your neck on the line and state your opinion? One swallow doesn't make a summer, and one good game doesn't mean I wouldn't have wanted us to sell Buckley for over £2.5 million in January. I stand by what I said.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

We have also matched our clean sheet tally of last season too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Throwing him in at palace last year was one of Poyet's worst decisions.
He reads the game extremely well for a young lad and I feel that playing with GG & Matt has been a major benefit in this respect.

I'm not a Poyet fan, but he had no other option that day; AEA was out and Calde had to play left back in place of Bridge.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm not a Poyet fan, but he had no other option that day; AEA was out and Calde had to play left back in place of Bridge.

Could have played Tanno left back :lolol:

I'd forgotten Bridge was out. Fair enough then-retracted.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only if ridiculing others for having an opinion based on the situation at the time, makes you feel more adequate.

Thank you. We can all be wise after the event can't we? Even though he scored two good goals yesterday, it was still just the one game. Lets see how he performs between now and the end of the season. We all knew he could perform on the odd occasion, but consistency is the key.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So what do you suggest we do, drop him because he scored twice and just the one game?

No of course not, on the contrary l hope he is coming into form at just the right time. I am simply trying to keep things in context that's all. One good performance doesn't make a summer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought he had a really good game against QPR too. There's a spring in his step that a tad of psychological security seems to have been implanted in him. Hopefully he's now thinking in the now and to push and enjoy himself rather than have constant concern over his hamstring being tweaked once more. It might happen, but there's no point him having it on his mind and holding him back. He makes us such a more attacking force and revel in his elegant gambol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want him to find form more than ever, but calling it form after two games is grasping at straws.
But it's twice as many as usual, so that'll do me.

You can't expect us Team Don'tsellBuckers' to hang around for a run of 5 or 10 games, can you?

Team Offloadthesicknote can have their time again very soon, just give us this moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's no guarantee he'd have passed a medical if we had accepted a bid for him. If he gets injured again in the next few games, it'll make me think it's unlikely he'd have passed a medical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here