Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt & Buckley ... SELL! SELL! SELL!

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Buckley reminds me of an younger theo Walcott, lots of ability but when in possession frequently makes the wrong choice about passing or taking the defender, so for the right price he could go.
Bridcutt is more difficult, I always thought he has the capacity to be more attack minded than he is, on the few occasions he gets his head up and sees what's in front of him he can play a 50 yard pass with excellent accuracy. To be honest I always thought that was mainly down to the poyet way of playing and obviously we haven't seen to much of him under Garcia.
If he wants away than let's take the money, but I'd love to see him play a more attack minded role with ince playing the holding role.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Maybe the cheeky bid for Buckley was meant to wake Johnson up. If so it worked. Credit to Poyet the manager there. I would not let Buckley go. He has the skill and pace to unlock defences and scores goals. All those are precious commodities which cannot be easily replaced. Ok he has injury problems but that is why we have squads and we have enough wide players to come in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Urgent!!!!!

If ur saying sell Buckley u need to watch the highlights DVD from last season & remember just how good he IS! There's a reason Gus thinks he's good enough for the prem - cos he is. I swear some 'fans' only think about the last few months or last game sometimes - naive to say the least!

Also who says we need the money desperately - why sell anyone (esp 2 of our best players!)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure why people think we won't sell. Recent announcements are just posturing. You don't announce to all on sundry that you are going to sell and sell at the first bid. As for Buckley, we don't have access to his medical records but we do know how many games he misses because of injury and it is far too many.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Have never been impressed by Buckleys workrate, one of the reasons strikers have had poor service at times. I'd sell him asap given injuries.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
True, but we would be pocketing £2m too if we had accepted the Sunderland bid for Bridcutt, and we could do so much with that money, bring Conway back maybe?, sign Joe Mason?

Ultimately it's forwards and the goals they score that win football matches, and promotion.

Well, let's sell Upson, Greer, Bruno, Calde, Ward, Chicksen, Dunk, Maksimenko and anybody else at the club who masquerades as someone who is inhibiting our promotion chances by not being a forward.

Oh, and I forgot the midfield and the goalkeepers.....

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Urgent!!!!!

If ur saying sell Buckley u need to watch the highlights DVD from last season & remember just how good he IS! There's a reason Gus thinks he's good enough for the prem - cos he is. I swear some 'fans' only think about the last few months or last game sometimes - naive to say the least!

Also who says we need the money desperately - why sell anyone (esp 2 of our best players!)

He's had, what, 10 good games in the last three years?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If we can get a decent wedge for Buckley let's make a cheeky bid for Elliott Bennett. Twice the player Buckley will ever be.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I would like to see a minimum of 4mil for Bridcutt and 2.5mil for Buckley, and also include a sell on fee clause for both, as I could see them go on and do well for their next clubs and possible sell for 10mil or more in their next move.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The trick of buying players is to find a talented players that is off form and buy him cheaper than he is worth. Will Buckley is a type like this. We would be crazy to sell.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If we can get a decent wedge for Buckley let's make a cheeky bid for Elliott Bennett. Twice the player Buckley will ever be.

Back when we were in league 1, yeah. Let's see if he can replicate that when he's back from serious injury.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bridcutt playing with Ince can get us to the premier league. Bloom, Burke & co know this so that's why they aren't Sell Sell Selling. Only an idiot would sell out our best players when quite frankly we don't have to. We aren't cash strapped seagulls anymore. That goes for bucks too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Without looking it up, does anyone know what is the longest sequence of successive matches that Buckley had either played or been on the bench for?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Without looking it up, does anyone know what is the longest sequence of successive matches that Buckley had either played or been on the bench for?

He played or came on as a sub in the first 15 games of this season. Had a 20 game run last season and the season before he had another 20 game run that meant he missed one of the final 27 games of the season. Sick note!?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I would like to see a minimum of 4mil for Bridcutt and 2.5mil for Buckley, and also include a sell on fee clause for both, as I could see them go on and do well for their next clubs and possible sell for 10mil or more in their next move.

Yeah, and I'd like a £100k pay rise - not gonna happen.

Out of interest, who do we think is worth more, in terms of £££ transfer fee, Buckley or Conway?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I think Buckley got a bit lucky in his first season with us. EVERYTHING went for him. Yes, he played very well but I think a lot of things "sat up" for him and he "got the rub of the green".

I don't think he's QUITE as good a player as that season suggested.

Still can't think of his brace v Doncaster without going all goosebumpy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here