Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian McDermott sacked by Reading

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It struck me that perhaps Reading had someone else on their radar that has either just become available or is wanting to get into management. There was a rumour circulating on social media earlier about Jaap Stam being linked with the job.

Reading just seem to have got stuck in a bit of a rut now under their last 2-3 managers. McDermott didn't do a bad job in his second stint there, but he couldn't really turn things around for them, which is to be expected when he came back halfway through the season.

I'm thinking that their owners are looking at appointing a younger coach with fresh ideas to try and reinvigorate them, but that might be easier said than done.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Perhaps he will now realise that he is not cut out to be a manager. his day has gone and go back to scouting for Arsenal.

Still a good manager I feel. After all, prior to CH's appointment, l even advocated him as a possible manager at the Albion.

Just been unlucky in his last two appointments, managing under shit unrealistic owners at Leeds and Reading.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ok so it didn't work out, but at the time I was gutted Vydra went to Reading rather than signing for us.

Hindsight, as they say, is a wonderful thing.

I was gutted too, then had a laugh at his form (at £3m loan fee + salary for 1 season) last season. That said i still believe he's a very good player and I'd welcome him here, especially to keep Jiri company, like a shot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was gutted too, then had a laugh at his form (at £3m loan fee + salary for 1 season) last season. That said i still believe he's a very good player and I'd welcome him here, especially to keep Jiri company, like a shot.

A good player indeed, and he would fit well into our system I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here