Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian McDermott leaves Leeds

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure he doesn't!!

Then he makes me want to VOMIT coming out with this flannel, having just been sacked by Leeds for the 2nd time.

In a statement, McDermott said: "It has been my great privilege to manage this great club and I have enjoyed the challenge immensely.
"However it is clear that Massimo wishes to implement a new structure and feels he will work more successfully for Leeds with a coach rather than a manager.
"I respect that Massimo must be fully supported in putting together his vision for the club so he can bring us the success we all want. It is my belief that when truly United we are stronger.
"Massimo wants to bring a new energy to the club so that we can return to where we belong as a healthy football club.
"To my players for their efforts I say a big thank-you. To all the staff and especially my great assistant manager Nigel Gibbs and my great friend Patrick Dolan I am especially grateful for their support.
"Finally to the incredible force that is the Leeds United supporters, I offer my heartfelt thanks.
"Your support of me and the players was always an inspiration and I urge everyone to get behind the team and the new owner next season to get us back to where we need to be, fighting for trophies and competing at the top-table of English and European football.
"It won't be easy, but Marching On Together we can get there.
"I wish Massimo and all my friends at Elland Road every success in the future."

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Then he makes me want to VOMIT coming out with this flannel, having just been sacked by Leeds for the 2nd time.

In a statement, McDermott said: "It has been my great privilege to manage this great club and I have enjoyed the challenge immensely.
"However it is clear that Massimo wishes to implement a new structure and feels he will work more successfully for Leeds with a coach rather than a manager.
"I respect that Massimo must be fully supported in putting together his vision for the club so he can bring us the success we all want. It is my belief that when truly United we are stronger.
"Massimo wants to bring a new energy to the club so that we can return to where we belong as a healthy football club.
"To my players for their efforts I say a big thank-you. To all the staff and especially my great assistant manager Nigel Gibbs and my great friend Patrick Dolan I am especially grateful for their support.
"Finally to the incredible force that is the Leeds United supporters, I offer my heartfelt thanks.
"Your support of me and the players was always an inspiration and I urge everyone to get behind the team and the new owner next season to get us back to where we need to be, fighting for trophies and competing at the top-table of English and European football.

What an absolute nadger! He must have negotiated a huge pay off to be able to stomach such a statement being written for him. Such lack of morals and class makes me even surer that he needs to stay well clear of this football club.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
What an absolute nadger! He must have negotiated a huge pay off to be able to stomach such a statement being written for him. Such lack of morals and class makes me even surer that he needs to stay well clear of this football club.

Yep, putting his name to that statement really does say a lot about him. McDermott has gone way down in my estimations and he was pretty low to start with.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

That is disgraceful. Maybe the mafia asked him if he liked hospital food before he spouted that BS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here