Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian McDermott leaves Leeds

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Right....... So you would appoint a manager on looks......

What's wrong with that? :)

I've always felt Brian McDermott has something of the geography teacher about him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I wouldn't be disappointed with him here to be honest, Leeds were a total mess and it got bad at the end but he did a very good job at Reading and they played us off the park the year he was in charge of them.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I wouldn't be disappointed with him here to be honest, Leeds were a total mess and it got bad at the end but he did a very good job at Reading and they played us off the park the year he was in charge of them.

Apart from Garcia he is one of the most dullest managers ever. For that reason i don't want him here.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
For me he would be perfect, I truly believe he is the right fit for our club. Also it is a realistic option, rather than some of the way out there, supposed possibilities being thrown around on here! So for me it is a big YES! He knows the league, knows the players needed, appears to work within budgets given to him and operates in a quiet dignified manner!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No. His football template is 11 players in their own half, play spoiling football backed up with professional fouls, then break and score late on. Granted would win a few games, but I think he has been found out in the Championship now and we can' t afford to lose the fans at the Amex with his style of football.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What's wrong with that? :)

I've always felt Brian McDermott has something of the geography teacher about him.[/QUOTE

All he needs is a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches and a nice pair of brown cords.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
**** that if he has starting losing his marbles he is on his own!

And tell us about your fascination for geography teachers.

Hmmm. I don't recall any particular fascination. The only one of mine I can remember had a thick Yorkshire accent and an impressive combover which used to trail out behind him like the tail of a comet whenever he broke into a light jog.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hmmm. I don't recall any particular fascination. The only one of mine I can remember had a thick Yorkshire accent and an impressive combover which used to trail out behind him like the tail of a comet whenever he broke into a light jog.

That is fairly impressive. It was the French teacher that always did it for me, but then she didn't look like Brian McDermot

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why not?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No, he's not exactly a very good manager. Excelled with Reading when Jason Roberts signed for one last go at it but otherwise has done nothing of note.

lol l can assure you that Brian McDermott's success at Reading wasn't solely down to the signing of Jason Roberts!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Guessing he wont be in the frame if the interviews have, as stated on the website, taken place. Not really for me just a bit bland, but I guess he has experience in this league which could be an appeal if the other candidates say no.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No more Albion managers who love Leeds thanks

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Fired from Leeds because he's a useless **** and I wouldn't want him anywhere near Albion !!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fired from Leeds because he's a useless **** and I wouldn't want him anywhere near Albion !!

Didn't he get Reading promoted? Or did I imagine that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here