Brian Lenihan - Cork City

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whoever signs him, won't they have to get the dreaded 'International' clearance for him to play?

Would have thought so, yes. Hopefully- again, if it's us- the Irish will be a little more efficient at getting paperwork completed than the Welsh seem to be.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Assuming it is indeed us who've signed him. I did wonder about these claims that he'd play for Cork tonight. Seems unlikely (not to mention possibly against the rules) for him to have officially signed for one club and still play for another, unless it involved a loan deal.

Two clubs agreeing a fee to transfer a player is a world away from having officially signed. Remember that Stephen Ward chap?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's confirmation of that Cork City team sheet ...

[tweet]502879342398275584[/tweet]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Two clubs agreeing a fee to transfer a player is a world away from having officially signed. Remember that Stephen Ward chap?

Well yes. That's why I qualified it with an "assuming it is indeed us", as opposed to a Burnley, say.

My point being that, whoever he's lined up for talks with, this is his big move (in his career so far) so he'll not want to risk injuring himself before he's even put pen to paper.

Cork probably wouldn't want to lose out on their two hundred thousand Euros either.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Be great if we do manage to sign this lad because to me it's just as important to be investing in our next generation of players as it is to be signing players for this years team.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's some familiar names in the Cork line up, Buckley Murray McNulty & O'Sullivan.

Another Buckley and a couple of Byrnes on the pitch too.

He's going to sign for Hull, isn't he?

Dec 29, 2011
Not overly excited until I see him play. When we signed Maximenko he had been in contact/scouted by Arsenal and a few other big clubs. There was an air of excitement and we thought we had a star on our hands. Almost 2 years on and he's done the grand total of sweet **** all.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Hopefully not but it's not easy going up against big spending premier league clubs, Guess it all depends on whether the lad goes for the money and premier league status or a more realistic route to first team football and a chance to progress.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts

I know it doesn't necessarily prove anything but it appears that one of his Twitter mates is a certain Pardew- head butting Irishman called David Meyler- currently plying his trade at ...Hull

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think we spent similar if not a bit more on Walton

Yes, but he was at an English club. There's a massive difference in transfer fees when it involves an Irish club, simply because the league isn't very highly rated.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know it doesn't necessarily prove anything but it appears that one of his Twitter mates is a certain Pardew- head butting Irishman called David Meyler- currently plying his trade at ...Hull

Meyler is ex-Cork City, makes sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports