Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think you are jumping the gun here. This is being conducted as a public auction. Cork are hoping for more cash and we have not agreed personal terms for the player. There is still every chance we will be outbid on this deal, as we were with Ward when we had agreed a fee.

See post 197.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If he plays for Cork City tonight, it will be because he is still a Cork City player, yes he may get injured but its all ifs and maybe's. He may not agree personal terms with Brighton, he may decide to hang on in the hope that a premiership club agree a fee too.

Cork City have an important cup game tonight and therefore leaving Lenihan out because he MIGHT be moving would be a bit premature and will do nothing to help there chances of progression in the cup.

It has nothing to do with whether or not he will be in the first team here or the development squad at Hull City or anywhere else.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We'll need someone to observe him after the match tonight to see if he's spotted waving a fond farewell to the fans.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Examiner, despite being a 'national' paper, are based entirely in Cork and have an extreme Cork bias in their reporting so that should be fairly accurate.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
"Albion are currently well covered in both positions in the first team by Spanish veterans Bruno and Inigo Calderon, so Lenihan would begin life at the Amex in the development squad. "

1) Bruno is currently being played as a midfielder
2) Calderon is an amazing servant to the club, however he is not getting any younger & his pace sometimes leaves him vulnerable.
3) Andy Naylor has yet to get anything right that hasn't been posted elsewhere for days before his reports.

Going on the above I wouldn't be surprised if he is a little closer to the first team than some might think.

I can tell you for a fact that Andy Naylor is no longer given any "inside" information after the "three are expected to sign" debacle.

Certain people, high up at the club feel that his publishing transfer stories compromised the position the club were in for a number of targets so far this season including a certain bearded chap who now plays on Teesside.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I can tell you for a fact that Andy Naylor is no longer given any "inside" information after the "three are expected to sign" debacle.

Certain people, high up at the club feel that his publishing transfer stories compromised the position the club were in for a number of targets so far this season including a certain bearded chap who now plays on Teesside.

He seemed to have some knowledge of Portuguese Joe signing. Tweeting earlier in the day about Hyypia using his Liverpool contacts?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
An assumption that I tend to agree with. And yes, we are the more likely to give him a faster route into first team football - But via the dev squad initially I reckon.

Assuming we sign him!

I can see him getting a subs berth on a regular basis as he is quite a flexible player position wise.

If he is being purchased as a DS player then I would imagine he would be our first choice right back next season if he successfully makes the transition from Irish football to the Championship.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

Question is, will Naylor ever recover from the 'Clayton-Gate' crisis....?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Naylor has had no inside track for a long time. His support of OG (hinting the club waa in the wrong over his departure) was a key issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here