Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Palace and Hull were interested earlier in August, it could be one of those that go to the wire,.......

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This has got DS written all over it, will be a good signing and the new facilities will hopefully continue to attrack more players to the club.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Palace and Hull were interested earlier in August, it could be one of those that go to the wire,.......

Palace bought Martin kelly from Liverpool last week so Lenihan path to the first team is blocked as Kelly is only 24....
Hull City are in for Jordon Rhodes (12m) and need to replace Snograss who is out for 6 months minimum after 1 game so funds are required elsewhere.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
This is all worryingly far too much in the public domain. Smells of the agent/Cork trying to generate a bidding war by putting out there that we have agreed a fee. I would say unlikely to happen and he'll end up at a Prem club based on the other reportedly interested clubs.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This is all worryingly far too much in the public domain. Smells of the agent/Cork trying to generate a bidding war by putting out there that we have agreed a fee. I would say unlikely to happen and he'll end up at a Prem club based on the other reportedly interested clubs.

Cork have only said they've accepted a bid. That's all!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The omen i like is that Lenihan's last or penultimate game for Cork City was against Bray Wanderers FC ; ie: The Seagulls.
via
http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2014/08/18/city-1-1-bray-wanderers/

Here's Gully's distant cousin; Rocky /Bray Wanderers FC mascot...

Rocky.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yeah not exactly a direct comparison! Man United don't really have that much competition for players when they agree a fee!

I was being childish.

however no need to get worked up over this transfer, if it happens it happens, its not exactly a key position for us right now so I'm sure the club will do there best to secure his services, we have great facilities, a good recent record of given youth players a chance to break into the first team, our current right backs are ageing so there is a direct line for progression and we are a decent championship club. if he is not happy with that and will be turned by bigger wages then the guidence he has recieved may not be best for him.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here