Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan.

jp1599

Dec 15, 2013
Kuszchak will come back in, after having one of the sternest defences in the league last season, Oscar will be looking to find that form once again. Yes, Bresovan has done well but Kuszchak is a premier league quality goalkeeper but Bres has given himself a chance of being the number two keeper.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
For me, that past couple of games has given me much more confidence in Brezovan and as a result I think it gives Oscar a (reasonably) solid number 2 keeper. He isn't going to replace Kuszczak as our first choice, but is a good enough backup.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having just seen the highlights on Seagulls Player sexy Pete made at least two errors that easily could have resulted in soft goals. The first was a low shot that he parried along the six yard line but luckily Upson cleared, and the second a free kick that he came clear amongst a group of questions that skimmed off his gloves and fortunately went behind for a corner.

Both he and Casper give me kittens TBH.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
The PIG is the best keeper in the championship!, so no to your question! But I also agree with if it isn't broken don't try and fix!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I disagree. Casper was our keeper for the league winning season and the first season at the Amex. Casper also has more Championship experience than Brez, who can get very nervous especially on big occasions like letting in 6 at West Ham and 3 at Stoke. Casper was in goal when Leeds beat Man United at Old Trafford in the cup 4 years ago. That is not the sign of a poor keeper.

While I agree with the overall point, (that Casper is not 'really poor'), Brezovan played 24 games in our first season at the Amex v Casper's 22. While Brez was in goal for the 6 conceded v West Ham, he was also in goal for the clean sheet win over a Newcastle that finished the season 5th in the premier league. The Stoke game was a league one team (including a few fringe players) away against a premier league team who had wins over liverpool and Arsenal, draws v Chelsea and Man City that season and was more indicative of a gulf in quality between the teams than the flaws of one player. Casper was in goal when we faced Newport County (a non-league team last season) and conceded 3 goals without the pressure of big game nerves. That doesn't mean he is a terrible keeper. You can pick out others - late goals v Leeds and Blackpool and conceding 3 at home v palace can be pointed to as high pressure situations where Casper has been found wanting. The number of goals conceded aren't always indicative of the qualities of a keeper - they are often the result of the whole team failing in their job, especially when the number is higher. Single goal losses are more often the result of goal keeper mistakes than 3 or 6 goal defeats.

Overall there is little difference between the keepers. Win% is similar, save% is similar, shots conceded% is similar. They are much of a muchness, but as has been the trend for albion keepers post-kuipers/pre-kuszczak, the crowd were split. Some see Ankergren as much better than Brez, others see Brez as much better than Ankergren. The truth is that while they each have different strengths and weaknesses, they balance out overall.

Both are capable back ups, and can play a part, but without a great team protecting them, they are unlikely to star for a team that wants a top 6 finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here