Brez, Casper or new goalkeeper?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brez, Casper or a new keeper?

• Brez: should be No1 after todays performance/ or atleast giving more games in Jan.

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • Casper: just hand a bad 1st part of the season but will bounce back this half.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • New keeper: one is needed asap, Casper has been poor & Brez was just lucky today.

Votes: 66 57.9%

• Total voters

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
TBH after todays game I really was surprised on how well Brez played, after not playing for so long also at starting against the top of the league team.

so after todays performance how does your own feelings for the goalie situation stand? Brez is the new no1, Casper should still be infront of the post or neither should be there and a new keeper is needed?

I think Gus will play Brez for a few more games & see how he does, if he plays solid like today then I hope he will save the money and stick with him & maybe buy someone at the end of the season. But if he was just lucky today and we leak 2 or 3 goals most of the games then he should buy a new keeper.

poll to follow.

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I would still like a new goalie, Brez played a blinder but his not played a great deal and we need some good solid experience at this level between the sticks.

I voted new not because i think brez was lucky just i think we need more experience right now

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Brez no. 1, but we still need another keeper.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I think Gus will play Brez for a few more games & see how he does, if he plays solid like today then I hope he will save money and stick with him & maybe buy someone at the end of the season. But if he was just lucky today and we leak 2 or 3 goals most of the games then he will buy a new keeper.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Brezovan made some brilliant saves but he did make a couple of blunders. I would like us to have a new goalie but I think Brezovan could just be good enough.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Brez had an excellent game bar the weak punch in the first half, but I still think we could do with a new keeper

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I guess you have to stick with Brez after today! 1 weak punch but his overall handling was spot on. So refreshing to have a keeper who comes out to claim the ball. Oh, and that double save, f¥#k me that was impressive even though the whistle had gone!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Double save was outstanding. One weak punch, a poor parry and should have come for a cross on six yard line in second half but def in front of Casper on that performance.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
TBH after todays game I really was surprised on how well Brez played, after not playing for so long also at starting against the top of the league team.

so after todays performance how does your own feelings for the goalie situation stand? Brez is the new no1, Casper should still be infront of the post or neither should be there and a new keeper is needed?

I think Gus will play Brez for a few more games & see how he does, if he plays solid like today then I hope he will save the money and stick with him & maybe buy someone at the end of the season. But if he was just lucky today and we leak 2 or 3 goals most of the games then he should buy a new keeper.

poll to follow.

Brez played a blinder today he is massive and that gives him a big advantage with incoming crosses, he also played with confidence which Ankers has not done since the liverpool game.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
new keeper please although Brezovan did make a world class save today. Maybe a run in the team will do him good

DavidWatts

Nov 12, 2011
Mid Sussex
Give him a run, ok so he had a mare against Stoke, but he's done enough today to be given an opportunity. His height is a definite advantage on crosses & he's not scared to come off his line.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Give him a run, ok so he had a mare against Stoke, but he's done enough today to be given an opportunity. His height is a definite advantage on crosses & he's not scared to come off his line.

thats the thing stoke (& spurs) are both big clubs and have a number of good international players, so tbh I dont think you can judge him in them games, only games in this level & he should have been given a chance much sooner.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Think back a couple of years. Gus brought Brezovan in. Initially he looked a bit shaky but as time went on he got better and better. Then he got an injury so Gus got Casper in. Today Brez looked like he did when in his good form before Casper came. If he can keep that form he is a much better keeper than Casper so I say give him a chance. He certainly looked the part today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports