[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Indeed. There is a prolific poster on this thread that has in the past kept stating a 'No Deal' Brexit wasn't possible. I won't embarrass him by naming him.

Can't be anywhere near as embarrassing as having to count Das Reich as one of your peers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That went well didn’t it :thumbsup:

Damage would be done either way. The stalemate meant the UK being unable to move forward in any direction. At least by leaving there would be an opportunity to move forward at some point, even after having taken several backwards steps.

But, as I stated earlier, this really is not my discussion anymore, someone else brought me into it on this occasion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. There is a prolific poster on this thread that has in the past kept stating a 'No Deal' Brexit wasn't possible. I won't embarrass him by naming him.

Desperate.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Desperate.

Yes, indeed, the poster in question is rather desperate. He's been proven wrong numerous times yet believes himself to be some sort of messiah .... when in reality he's just a very naughty boy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

How many times have you now claimed I had said it was impossible and how many times have I had to correct you ? Even in this exchange from 2 years ago, when you were getting excited about a 'no deal' on 31st March 2019, I was obviously getting bored of constantly having to correct you on it.

Is there an Echo in here ? :lolol:
But there won't be carnage, Watford Zero tells us 'no deal' isn't even possible ....... on a daily basis ! Or are you saying 'no deal' IS a possibilty ? It can't be both ..... regardless of your support, or not, for no deal.

From earlier this week
At no time have I said we're ready for a no deal or that it wouldn't be painful. I was pointing out that Watford zero's constant claim that a 'no deal' is an impossibility isn't true.

Simple question - if 'no deal' is the utter impossibility that Watford zero is claiming why have EU members, particularly the Dutch, spent so much on preparation for a 'no deal' ?

I have said that 'no deal' will not happen, not that it's impossible. The 2 reasons I believe this are that Parliament won't let it happen and that we have no infrastructure, systems or staff to support it.

There has been lots of talk and a few papers published about 'no deal' but I haven't seen any tarmac laid or staff recruited with 100 days to go.

Although it does seem like I'm having to correct you on a daily basis :bigwave:

I'm sure toilet training my kids didn't require this level of repetition :rolleyes:

You may have noticed that Parliament has changed since that time, the UK have decided to elect a bunch of incompetent idiots who always wanted no deal. That is why, from that day onward, I have thought that 'no deal' was likely and indeed, has been my preferred outcome. I believe that Johnson is writing the tarmac contracts as we speak :thumbsup:

Tick Tock

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
[tweet]1303307680329740288[/tweet]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
All my fans love me Myleene x
Regards
DF

Like these guys Das Reich?

bf.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1303307680329740288[/tweet]

"Yes officer, I did break the law. But I did it in a very small and specific way by stabbing her with a knitting needle."

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
By breaking the law? Right.

Nice to see you're happy with it when it suits your narrative though :thumbsup:

you tobies dont get it that winning Brexit means we can break whatever laws we want and the jackboots from brussles or any other foreingers cant stop us and we will return to former glorys and rule the waves to because thats what we voted for

Regards

DF

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
you tobies dont get it that winning Brexit means we can break whatever laws we want and the jackboots from brussles or any other foreingers cant stop us and we will return to former glorys and rule the waves to because thats what we voted for

Regards

DF

I really don't know whether to believe this is a parody account of not. "Rule the waves"??! You do know it's not 1745 anymore right?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I really don't know whether to believe this is a parody account of not. "Rule the waves"??! You do know it's not 1745 anymore right?

It is a parody, but it is a reflection on how some of the more dim Brexiteers think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports