[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14831180.Conservative_councillor_set_for_discipline_hearing_for_labelling_council_leader_a_liar/

Maybe such disciplinary action should be introduced on NSC what do you think? Or are you still too stupid to see your error.

I think the link that you put up has nothing to do with me, i am not a Tory, i think that you suggesting "disciplinary action should be introduced on NSC" is conniving and bleating.
I don't think i am stupid. i do not think i made an error, my opinion.
I think i have answered your questions

120hvuw.jpg

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
[quote name="Diego Napier" post=7642568]<br />
<br />
Christianity promises that if you lead a good life you will be rewarded after death.<br />
&<br />
That's blind faith for you.[/QUOTE]

Christianity does nothing of the sort. You are incorrect. Christianity states that only through trust in Jesus will forgiveness be attained and heaven reached. It explicitly states that good works/deeds are NOT sufficient.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We need a HARD BREXIT: JCB boss brands EU's single market ‘HARMFUL for British business’
ONE of Britain’s biggest business owners has called for a Hard Brexit, claiming the European Union’s single market regulations are harmful for the British economy.
Lord Anthony Bamford, chairman of manufacturing giant JCB, said yesterday “hidden barriers” such as EU red tape “proves that this single market has not created a level playing field”.

He urged the Government to secure an exit deal that would allow Britain to become a “truly global trading nation”.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/726074/anthony-bamford-brexit-jcb-single-market-cbi

Well said that man.

Yes all that pesky regulation protecting the environment and employees rights. What regulations would you like to see axed out of curiosity?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes all that pesky regulation protecting the environment and employees rights. What regulations would you like to see axed out of curiosity?

I think the regulations that the JCB boss was meaning was as stated "the European Union’s single market regulations are harmful for the British economy."
I want to see the UK free to trade with the world, no interference from 28 other nations, the choice of where our money goes etc..... all things that have been stated and done to death, here and in the news.
I do not believe the boss of JCB mentioned " environment and employees rights" specifically.
Obviously i do not disagree with everything about the EU, but on balance i wanted out, i voted Leave, the debates in the early days prior to the referendum were fairly good, unfortunately it has turned sour since a result that the government and others did not expect.

"Leaving the EU may allow us to be more flexible on regulation

This does not mean that all EU regulations benefit the UK, or that collectively there is no cost to the UK economy.

There is clearly some potential for the UK to gain from extra regulatory flexibility outside the EU."

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-regulation-and-single-market/

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have my opinion Nibble, though obviously not the same as you posters.

You've quoted me yet you addressed your reply to another poster. You seem confused. In many ways.Anyway, you couldn't name ONE SINGE regulation you disagreed with just said "I want unregulated trade". You don't do a lot to dispel the perception of Leave voters do you Haha! Brilliant. :wozza:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the link that you put up has nothing to do with me, i am not a Tory, i think that you suggesting "disciplinary action should be introduced on NSC" is conniving and bleating.

120hvuw.jpg

Which just shows what a stupid **** you are deny it as much as you want but its not a matter if opinion its a matter of fact.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Which just shows what a stupid **** you are deny it as much as you want but its not a matter if opinion its a matter of fact.

"fact" you like that word don't you, you come out with a lot of "facts", which is strange because most of these "facts" have not even happened, they are just opinions on what "might" happen in the future.......... the stupid (insert any word) are the people that think these opinions are "facts".........like you.
Enjoy the game.... busy now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

So you would be more than happy that if someone called you a lying racist idiot given that its just an opinion and wouldn't worry that others may read it and accept it as truth given not corrected.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Its interesting how you, nearly I presume without challenge or scrutiny assume that the EU is some moral guiding light to nearly every global issue whilst you do not lend the same illogical nonesense to your fellow British citizens, politicians or judiciary, why do you hold the political gaggle of dubious historical nations ahead of your own ?

Which one in particularly for you stands out as historically pursuing equality, tolerance and justice at a higher calibre than the UK ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Its interesting how you, nearly I presume without challenge or scrutiny assume that the EU is some moral guiding light to nearly every global issue whilst you do not lend the same illogical nonesense to your fellow British citizens, politicians or judiciary, why do you hold the political gaggle of dubious historical nations ahead of your own ?

Which one in particularly for you stands out as historically pursuing equality, tolerance and justice at a higher calibre than the UK ??

It's not about one standing out. It's a union. :dunce:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Exactly so you have 27 other member states, the odds should be stacked against the UK .........

With respect, that comment suggests you have a persecution complex. It is not us against the rest. No one is ganging up on us. It's not millions of nasty foreigners wanting to do us sturdy Brits down. Such talk is the fuel of xenophobia.

*Health warning. I am not suggesting Britain has 17 million xenophobes.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
With respect, that comment suggests you have a persecution complex. It is not us against the rest. No one is ganging up on us. It's not millions of nasty foreigners wanting to do us sturdy Brits down. Such talk is the fuel of xenophobia.

*Health warning. I am not suggesting Britain has 17 million xenophobes.

Again having an acknowledgement of your own country's worth should never be seen as xenophobia, its a sneeringly offensive position for people to take, it seems particularly prevelent on the left of politics.

It was a response to Notters whom seemed to suggest that the moral compass resides in some secret chamber in Brussels, whilst we are neither competent nor inclined to reach our own reasonable conclusion to global challenges.

You neednt subscribe to the EU to have a valid and reasonable view on anything and certainly wouldnt expect some accusation of a persecution complex or some vague accusation of xenophobia, get on with the debate and offer a valid view or be quiet.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Again having an acknowledgement of your own country's worth should never be seen as xenophobia, its a sneeringly offensive position for people to take, it seems particualarly prevelent on the left of politics.

It was a response to Notters whom seemed to suggest that the moral compass resides in some secret chamber in Brussels, whilst we are neither competent nor inclined to reach our own reasonable conclusion to global challenges.

You neednt subscribe to the EU to have a valid and reasonable view on anything and certainly wouldnt expect some accusation of a persecution complex or some vague accusation of xenophobia, get on with the debate and offer a valid view or be quiet.

Of course we can make our own minds up about global changes. I mean, why on earth would we want the input of international experts on such matters as climate change. alternative energy sources or collaboration with European scientists to treat cancer? There's nothing us Bulldogs can't solve with a bit of bunting and a cuppa.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Of course we can make our own minds up about global changes. I mean, why on earth would we want the input of international experts on such matters as global warming or collaboration with European scientists to treat cancer? There's nothing us Bulldogs can't solve with a bit of bunting and a cuppa.

You still dont get it, it neednt follow that we need to be a net contributor to a political club to access that co-operation which then wholly foists the UK into all the totally irrelevent parts of that memebrship that have nothing to do with those worthy causes, nor it seems that the majority of voters that voted wants .......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You still dont get it, it neednt follow that we need to be a net contributor to a political club to access that co-operation which then wholly foists the UK into all the totally irrelevent parts of that memebrship that have nothing to do with those worthy causes.

Yes, You're the only one who understands all this stuff, I'm sure you can expect a call from parliament soon to form a Fairy Godfathers Think Tank :)

Anywho, big one today, peace must reign. Enjoy the match wherever you may be. Peace & BHA :albion2:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yes, You're the only one who understands all this stuff, I'm sure you can expect a call from parliament soon to form a Fairy Godfathers Think Tank :)

Anywho, big one today, peace must reign. Enjoy the match wherever you may be. Peace & BHA :albion2:

Ok, sorry shouldnt have started my post with 'you still dont get it' , blame your mate Lincolm Imp he got me mad :)

yep enjoy the day ......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, the Canada trade deal went through. It is most pleasing to see all 27 EU countries in agreement and harmony. Well done all and I look forward to cheaper Moose burgers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports