Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Meanwhile, though, when asked why TTIP will allow big business to sue the EU over new legislation, the commission replies as follows:

They won't. This is a myth. ...

ISDS makes it possible for a foreign firm to apply for compensation if a government seizes its assets or passes a law which only applies to foreign firms and makes their investment worthless. For example, a law banning a product made in a foreign-owned factory whilst not banning products made by domestic companies.

interesting way to explain a claim is a myth, by agreeing with the original claim.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Germany is pushing for a European army in the 28-member EU bloc, according to a white paper put forward by the German government. The army is envisaged to have a joint headquarters and shared military plans.

The news may upset the Brexit debate in the UK ahead of the EU referendum vote scheduled for 23 June. The Leave campaign, which has been warning of the further integration with the EU, will now have more ammunition to back its claims.
The Financial Times noted that the white paper is "one of the most significant" for Germany in recent years, given that Berlin has "long paid lip-service" to the formation of a European defence union. It noted that the white paper was to have been released shortly before the 23 June referendum but has probably been delayed to July.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/germany-pushes-european-army-1557866?awt_l=O17g9&awt_m=ggeVelwkrGbOvKU

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Germany is pushing for a European army in the 28-member EU bloc, according to a white paper put forward by the German government. The army is envisaged to have a joint headquarters and shared military plans.

The news may upset the Brexit debate in the UK ahead of the EU referendum vote scheduled for 23 June. The Leave campaign, which has been warning of the further integration with the EU, will now have more ammunition to back its claims.
The Financial Times noted that the white paper is "one of the most significant" for Germany in recent years, given that Berlin has "long paid lip-service" to the formation of a European defence union. It noted that the white paper was to have been released shortly before the 23 June referendum but has probably been delayed to July.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/germany-pushes-european-army-1557866?awt_l=O17g9&awt_m=ggeVelwkrGbOvKU

Have you seen the proposed Uniforms?

:whistle:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Better get the white flags ready!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I wonder if our super-clever PM Cameron is starting to regret calling Trump "Divisive,stupid,and wrong" yet.:ffsparr:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Pascal Lamy - former head of the WTO - explodes another Brexiter fantasy. They must be running low by now? I guess there is always the Albania model...

ChhSCuBWkAA6yWZ.jpg

ChhadZVWkAACXp6.jpg

ChhZl5rWYAAZpzC.jpg

Yawn any more biased views you wish to share. Can you just get them all out of the way at once to save us ... Thanks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yawn any more biased views you wish to share. Can you just get them all out of the way at once to save us ... Thanks

Yeah! Why take notice of the facts when the naive rhetoric of freedom and self-control sounds so much nicer. To hell with the reality, we'll have our own MPs able to deal with the rest of the world. After all, we are GREAT BRITAIN and when we talk the world listens!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Interesting point.

Except for the fact that an army is unenforceable and neither France or the UK want one. And the Germans haven't even pursued the issue. A few German politicians may have mentioned it, but that's like just assuming that everything Boris says is therefore UK government policy.

Airport in the Thames estuary anyone?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Interesting point.

Except for the fact that an army is unenforceable and neither France or the UK want one. And the Germans haven't even pursued the issue. A few German politicians may have mentioned it, but that's like just assuming that everything Boris says is therefore UK government policy.

Do please look at post 1908. It is absolutely vital that this thread is not sullied by any more anti-Brexit messages. All pro-remain posts are biased I tell you. Biased! We don't want to hear any more of them.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Sorry every person who conceivably might know what they're talking about is for remaining so I would probably get in trouble for spamming. This one is worth sharing because it deals with a specific brexit myth. To save yourself some time google any international organisation or foreign leader and type 'brexit' after their name. You will find their endorsement of bremain near the top of the search. Here are some examples to get you started 'IMF brexit', 'OECD brexit', 'Obama Brexit', 'Australia brexit', 'House of Lords brexit'.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Interesting point.

no no no it's all part of the master plan to enslave us and force us to 'integrate' with our 'neighbors'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pascal Lamy - former head of the WTO - explodes another Brexiter fantasy. They must be running low by now? I guess there is always the Albania model...

ChhSCuBWkAA6yWZ.jpg

ChhadZVWkAACXp6.jpg

ChhZl5rWYAAZpzC.jpg

I'd like to point out that previously you've critisised outters using 'ex' people as experts. Now you've done it !!!!!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry every person who conceivably might know what they're talking about is for remaining so I would probably get in trouble for spamming. This one is worth sharing because it deals with a specific brexit myth. To save yourself some time google any international organisation or foreign leader and type 'brexit' after their name. You will find their endorsement of bremain near the top of the search. Here are some examples to get you started 'IMF brexit', 'OECD brexit', 'Obama Brexit', 'Australia brexit', 'House of Lords brexit'.

Well I tried President Bashar al-Assad Brexit and he was a bit too busy to respond-getting too much spam from Remainers :dunce:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'd like to point out that previously you've critisised outters using 'ex' people as experts. Now you've done it !!!!!!

No no I haven't done that I've previous criticised the inability of Outers to produce people who are ITK that back brexit. Virtually every economist and every political leader you ask is for remain. The point is that if Out could produce them they would. I've brought up a letter from ex-military types, the generals letter, and a letter signed by every living former US treasury secretary. You might be confusing me with Herr T who did comment on a group of brexiter economists who, er, had some dubious backgrounds.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No no I haven't done that I've previous criticised the inability of Outers to produce people who are ITK that back brexit. Virtually every economist and every political leader you ask is for remain. The point is that if Out could produce them they would. I've brought up a letter from ex-military types, the generals letter, and a letter signed by every living former US treasury secretary. You might be confusing me with Herr T who did comment on a group of brexiter economists who, er, had some dubious backgrounds.

So are you saying that Roger Bootle and Lord King are not IN THE KNOW?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Robert Mugabe backs Remain-"I want to Remain in power even when I am running Heaven" the chubby geriatric loon said.EU must have been following him on Twitter-they make the same amount of sense!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here