Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Re your second question. I assume you mean the inability of Greece to pay its debts and the effect that has had on other Eurozone members? My view is that there's nothing wrong with Greece being a member state of the EU and part of the Single Market, the problems start when money is loan in vast quantities and then the country is admitted to the Eurozone. In that regard I think that it was the right decision for the UK NOT to become part of the Eurozone.

Greece has defaulted on its external debt five times in the modern era (1826, 1843, 1860, 1894 and 1932). In 1985, Greece had the world’s largest per capita public debt. It has an endemic avoidance of tax built into its DNA. However, it is a desirable state to have in the EU because of strategic and cultural reasons alone.

Some Eurocrats and bankers made some bad decisions about lending to Greece and admittance to the Euro but the Greek population has not contributed to immigration problems and there is a huge demand for their tourism and agricultural produce.

Anyone would think the UK has never ****ed up the way some people go on about Greece.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone would think the UK has never ****ed up the way some people go on about Greece.
You like to avoid talking about the problems Greece and other EU countries with similar difficulties face. You just can't bring yourself to see any bad in the EU. Particularly when Germany is the main beneficiary.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Its the other way round, you would have us beleive that the EU has never nor will ever f**k up, thats the point, its generally that we are flawed and without the EU we would be even more flawed whilst the EU is flawless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You like to avoid talking about the problems Greece and other EU countries with similar difficulties face. You just can't bring yourself to see any bad in the EU. Particularly when Germany is the main beneficiary.

Rubbish. I discussed this at length when it was happening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its the other way round, you would have us beleive that the EU has never nor will ever f**k up, thats the point, its generally that we are flawed and without the EU we would be even more flawed whilst the EU is flawless.

Then read my other posts. You just seem to concentrate on a very very narrow bunch of posts I make. I have previously posted that I do not feel the EU is perfect and suggested how it could be improved.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

I think we can safely say that Germany has royally ****ed up just about the entire world in living memory.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think we can safely say that Germany has royally ****ed up just about the entire world in living memory.

Well it is going swimmingly now in Germany............

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/722845/Ge...t4&utm_campaign=DY_Recommended Videoshomepage

'It’s become terrible around here': MIGRANTS call for Merkel to deport MIGRANTS

GERMAN migrants are hitting out at Angela Merkel's open door immigration policy saying it has wrecked their standard of living.

The news comes after public broadcaster Rbb24 took to the streets of Berlin's Berlin’s Neukölln and Kreuzberg districts to discuss the worsening crisis with the public.
And the shocking comments show the scale of resentment brewing in the country as its tries to cope with an influx of millions of people.

Last year Germany welcomed 1.1 million people alone but millions more have flooded into the country over the past five years.

Now foreign nationals who have lived in the country have expressed their concerns about the impact it is having on their standard of living.
When these foreigners steal something — even if it’s small — deport them. Immediately

One woman who identified herself as a National Democratic Party voter said: “Today’s refugees get social housing, welfare payments. And this, and that, and this. Why?
“I’m a foreigner myself.”

While another woman who wore a bright hijab said: “It’s become a little… terrible around here. Not like it used to be.”
”Too many people came to Neukölln. When they come they have to earn a living.
Migrant in Germany are upset with the influx of refugees
"They have to give something else — don’t give them our apartments for example.
"Don’t give them our jobs."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/722845/Ge...t4&utm_campaign=DY_Recommended Videoshomepage

GERMAN migrants are hitting out at Angela Merkel's open door immigration policy saying it has wrecked their standard of living.

The news comes after public broadcaster Rbb24 took to the streets of Berlin's Berlin’s Neukölln and Kreuzberg districts to discuss the worsening crisis with the public.
And the shocking comments show the scale of resentment brewing in the country as its tries to cope with an influx of millions of people.

Last year Germany welcomed 1.1 million people alone but millions more have flooded into the country over the past five years.

Now foreign nationals who have lived in the country have expressed their concerns about the impact it is having on their standard of living.
When these foreigners steal something — even if it’s small — deport them. Immediately

One woman who identified herself as a National Democratic Party voter said: “Today’s refugees get social housing, welfare payments. And this, and that, and this. Why?

While another woman who wore a bright hijab said: “It’s become a little… terrible around here. Not like it used to be.”
I know first hand from a German Turk who is in my family, that the Turks, at least in his area near Pforzheim, are far from happy with the influx of Muslims from elsewhere.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Somebody else on here asked me about Greece, I've never mentioned the place before so can hardly be accused of "going on" about it.

Anyway, re what you said - I love Greece, I love olives and I love kebabs but don't you think there's a difference between making the odd "f*ck up" and an inability to raise enough tax to pay your creditors that spans a 200-year period?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/722845/German-migrants-call-for-Merkel-to-deport-refugees?utm_source=DY&utm_medium=DY_Desktop&utm_content=DY_Slot4&utm_campaign=DY_Recommended%20Videoshomepage

It's classic Daily Express though isn't it, the fact they've found someone wearing a hijab objecting to immigrants is of little relevance. About the same level as UKIP claiming not to be a racist party because they have black and asian members.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Your's is the strange logic. Comparing an official Leave campaign poster at an official leave campaign conference, with a home made sign being held by a member of the public in an outside broadcast. :dunce:

Nether you nor your clone answered the question,just went on the attack.Are you both from Jezbollah?Or did you forget who you were logged in as? :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know first hand from a German Turk who is in my family, that the Turks, at least in his area near Pforzheim, are far from happy with the influx of Muslims from elsewhere.

Bit rich for Turks to be moaning about immigration isn't it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I must have missed that. If that is the case then I unreservedly apologise.

However, it is not in my recollection that you have commented about Greece et al since Brexit.

He probably discussed it somewhere,after all this man runs the site,but he's so busy he can't remember where!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Well there are suspicions that a lot of the "children" refugees that are coming here are in fact not school age....... i can not see it myself, i think they are genuine children.

2lkcitj.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Somebody else on here asked me about Greece, I've never mentioned the place before so can hardly be accused of "going on" about it.

Anyway, re what you said - I love Greece, I love olives and I love kebabs but don't you think there's a difference between making the odd "f*ck up" and an inability to raise enough tax to pay your creditors that spans a 200-year period?

My post wasn't aimed at you. More other people.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bit rich for Turks to be moaning about immigration isn't it?
Well, it's certainly ironic. But you know why the Turks are in Germany so I don't need to explain that. They are also pretty secular so I don't need to explain that either. Quite quite different from the current influx.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I must have missed that. If that is the case then I unreservedly apologise.

However, it is not in my recollection that you have commented about Greece et al since Brexit.

As I said, I posted at length about Greece when it happened. I haven't posted about it since Brexit because it wasn't and still isn't top of my agenda.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As I said, I posted at length about Greece when it happened. I haven't posted about it since Brexit because it wasn't and still isn't top of my agenda.
I would suggest that it should be on your agenda as if you are considering Brexit for the uk, then you have to consider the good and the bad in the EU economy. Don't you agree, that apart from maybe Germany and a couple of small tax haven states like Luxembourg, that the EU economy is in a parlous state and is failing it's citizens and the Euro is actually in danger?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here