[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Former this, ex-that. Grandees......do you mean has-beens? .

A load of dusty old-duffers support leaving the EU; now there's a surprise.

Well argued.

What they are arguing (as people who have been closely involved with, and I would guess personally benefited from, a massively damaging deregulation of the financial services sector in the UK and globally) is that the EU is the most likely route by which effective regulation is actually going to be imposed. Of all the arguments for brexit i have read, this is the one most likely to push me in the opposite direction!

Good luck relying on the Institutions that gave us the Eurozone crisis which involved turning a blind eye to the flouting of rules to regulate a vital part of our economy. Plus of course giving power to other countries with a vested interest in diminishing the City's importance. :facepalm:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well that's no crime at all. But it's a bit of a surprise given you are interested in foreign affairs, and are of an age that saw you starting work 50 years ago.

Erm, i started work 42 years ago but was growing up in the 60's. I have not been to France because i have visited other countries that i prefer...... hopefully that still qualifies me to be "interested in foreign affairs" even though France is not on my list.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You mean the generation who've been fooled and lied to one too many times before. ???

The penny has dropped for them, you're not quite there yet at your tender age.

Actually, I think I've been fooled and lied to by every UK government that has been in power since the day I was born.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
An overwhelming majority of farmers are in favour of the UK leaving the European Union – and intend to vote that way on 23 June – according to new research by Farmers Weekly.
In an exclusive poll, we asked our readers exactly how they planned to vote in the upcoming referendum. Of 577 farmers who completed the survey, 58% said they wanted to leave, while just 31% said they wanted the UK to remain in the trade bloc.
These findings are at odds with views expressed by most farming unions in recent weeks and months, who are convinced that farming’s interests are best served by staying a member of the EU.
https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/exclusiv...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In fairness though, you're the one that posted that extraordinary visceral scream a couple of pages ago that blamed the EU for everything from the de-industrialisation of the UK to the fact that people are no longer buying Morris cars.

In fairness though, that pales into insignificance when compared to the incredibly stupid suggestion that Brexit is only supported by the far right and perverts/sexual predators (including presumably, according to him, 193 NSCers who have voted 'out').

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In fairness though, that pales into insignificance when compared to the incredibly stupid suggestion that Brexit is only supported by the far right and perverts/sexual predators (including presumably, according to him, 193 NSCers who have voted 'out').

:thumbsup:
Advantage out.

D

Deleted member 22389

The Spectator had a Brexit debate at the London Palladium a few days back, at the end of the event Leave won the debate. 2,200 people attended this event.

Kate Hoey from Labour did an excellent speech on why we should Leave. It's definately worth listening, it is common sense.

You can listen to it here

https://soundcloud.com/spectator1828/kate-hoeys-speech-at-the-spectator-brexit-debate

Also Daniel Hannan, another good speech for Leave
https://soundcloud.com/spectator1828/daniel-hannans-speech-in-spectator-brexit-debate

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a horrible feeling that the rather nicely timed ??? slashing of the mobile roaming charges and caps might be enough to sway the don't knows. hear so may stories of people getting £30-£50 calls when in Europe which will go again if we vote leave.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have a horrible feeling that the rather nicely timed ??? slashing of the mobile roaming charges and caps might be enough to sway the don't knows. hear so may stories of people getting £30-£50 calls when in Europe which will go again if we vote leave.

It would be really sad if people vote Remain because of something like this. The rate would remain even if we did Leave. It would be really bad for mobile operators to start charging more, they just wouldn't do it, because it wouldn't be long before another operator comes along and offered it at the lower rate. Mobile phone companies don't like losing customers end off, they are like SKY, BT where you tell them you are thinking of leaving they always do a deal.

One thing that seems to be forgotten in this whole debate, we are the customers, we call the shots and we make the companies profitable. The way Remain go on, it's as thou our politicans and the EU own all our businesses and they are the only ones who buy the goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

They're so desperate for us to stay.

It'll be the beginning of the end for the EU as we know it if we vote to leave.

It's the only way to get proper change. Scrap it and start again.

Just like FIFA needs to

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It would be really sad if people vote Remain because of something like this. The rate would remain even if we did Leave. It would be really bad for mobile operators to start charging more, they just wouldn't do it, because it wouldn't be long before another operator comes along and offered it at the lower rate. Mobile phone companies don't like losing customers end off, they are like SKY, BT where you tell them you are thinking of leaving they always do a deal.

One thing that seems to be forgotten in this whole debate, we are the customers, we call the shots and we make the companies profitable. The way Remain go on, it's as thou our politicans and the EU own all our businesses and they are the only ones who buy the goods.

They do,but if you go depending on timing there is a consequence,adhering to the remainder of the contract,but once free of said contract the world is your oyster.....The time is now VOTE out.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I will be voting out.
I know the economy will drop, the pound will drop, jobs might be lost, but I reckon leaving will benefit us long term.
As bladders says above, EU needs reforms and us being out may actually allow us to make better deals with EU countries desperate to not any trade.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I will be voting out.
I know the economy will drop, the pound will drop, jobs might be lost, but I reckon leaving will benefit us long term.
As bladders says above, EU needs reforms and us being out may actually allow us to make better deals with EU countries desperate to not any trade.

It may also speed up the collapse of the corrupt EU, others will quickly follow imo.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
It may also speed up the collapse of the corrupt EU, others will quickly follow imo.

And then what? You always bang on about this but what do you envisage to happen after, theoretically, we vote for Brexit and the EU collapses? What would you want then? You talk about with such barely disguised glee you must have a vision for what is next.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And then what? You always bang on about this but what do you envisage to happen after, theoretically, we vote for Brexit and the EU collapses? What would you want then? You talk about with such barely disguised glee you must have a vision for what is next.

The population decreases by 5 million within 5 years,fear not it's only potatoe pickers that go,people with skills still come here on work permits,we get good returns of income tax on those,the savings of the lost 5 million eases the burden of all of us,the feckless are made to pick potatoes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports