[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
A 15 pager from Japan - This is the reality of Brexit. It can't be ignored, it can't be dismissed.

http://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000185466.pdf

There are two versions of Brexit.

The one that closes the door on immigration.
The one that retains a common market, but removes much of European control over our legislature.

There may be some movement at the edges, but I can see little chance of any meaningful compromise. A second referendum on the terms of exit, would strongly favour the latter.

In other words if the Japanese don't think we'll achieve the second then we could see them move their car plants to the continent.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Japanese banks and pharmaceutical companies EU HQ's based in London too, according to Sky News.

Bye bye then,them and a few thousand others if required......I for one shall not be rid of my Mazda...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Uhm, wow. I think I am perfectly capable of deciding whether I think the EU is overall a force for good. Arbitrarily? Nothing of the sort. That's why we had a vote wasn't it? Sums up why I think what I think about Brexiteers!

Democracy can fail us. Watch the documentary Welcome To Leith to see exactly how the lunatics can DEMOCRATICALLY take over the asylum. Frightening.
In your words:

'When one researches properly, one finds the EU does FAR more good than harm and being a logical chap, I went with that. They do more for the UK than the UK government will ever do for the UK flying solo. It's just a fact.'

Pompous and arrogant. You are entitled to your opinion, but unless you are God, then I suggest you stop backing up your opinions with 'fact'. You also suggest that unless one holds the same opinion yourself, then one is not logical and one can't have researched the issue properly. That's not very inclusive. Do you not believe in inclusion?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well, they would have done because a remain vote is essentially a vote for the status quo. When one researches properly, one finds the EU does FAR more good than harm and being a logical chap, I went with that. They do more for the UK than the UK government will ever do for the UK flying solo. It's just a fact.
A leave vote was a vote for changes. A vote for the UK to run itself. A vote for the poor to be better represented. A vote to save money and spend it on UK causes. A vote to curb immigration. None of which will happen. It's just a fact.

Then you didn't pay attention to the detail if you thought a vote to remain meant the status quo - that option wasn't even on the table.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In your words:

'When one researches properly, one finds the EU does FAR more good than harm and being a logical chap, I went with that. They do more for the UK than the UK government will ever do for the UK flying solo. It's just a fact.'

Pompous and arrogant. You are entitled to your opinion, but unless you are God, then I suggest you stop backing up your opinions with 'fact'. You also suggest that unless one holds the same opinion yourself, then one is not logical and one can't have researched the issue properly. That's not very inclusive. Do you not believe in inclusion?

Exactly.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
After your hundreds of posts on this topic, many directly debating with moi, it would be rude (and as you know I dislike rudeness) if I had not taken onboard your pov and formed an opinion of your reasons/reasoning. Is that the royal 'we'?

Enjoy your lunch.

Oh, I do appreciate good manners. (And thank you for the lunch good wishes. The Ram was as lovely as ever, the staff charming, the food dispiriting, the bill rather steep.)

As far as the other thing is concerned we can easily sort it out. I said that my main reason for voting Remain had nothing to do with my wallet and you replied that the reasoning in question was delusional. I say you don't even know what the said reason is. You say you do. Easy. What is it?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Well, they would have done because a remain vote is essentially a vote for the status quo. When one researches properly, one finds the EU does FAR more good than harm and being a logical chap, I went with that. They do more for the UK than the UK government will ever do for the UK flying solo. It's just a fact.
A leave vote was a vote for changes. A vote for the UK to run itself. A vote for the poor to be better represented. A vote to save money and spend it on UK causes. A vote to curb immigration. None of which will happen. It's just a fact.

No it isn't a fact. It's what you Think will happen. Fact.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In your words:

The sheer arrogance of posting something you don't agree with. Grrrrr.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All these big corporations threatening to leave the UK when we Brexit,kids toys and prams spring to mind.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is the result in?

Ah yes. Just seen it. Not a shock though as Germany lurches to the right. Glad we are out of it.

A warning to Theresa May and the Conservatives-My party of voting choice,deliver on Brexit or UKIP will perhaps come to power sooner rather than later...

As for the Germans? I thought the EU and especially Germany loved freedom of movement? Perhaps she (Merkel) might at some stage consider re evaluating the concept of Freedom of Movement.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
All these big corporations threatening to leave the UK when we Brexit,kids toys and prams spring to mind.

Or them making decisions based on their needs.

A bit too simplistic to brush it away like that. The Japanese note released today is a reminder that the process is going to be hard going and that our decision to leave does affect other non-EU nations. I still have a feeling that the final Brexit result will disappoint a few who voted for it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go German Afd, lovely result! Kick the immigrants Milch cow up the bum!

Go AFD...where exactly? Do you understand German politics? Their result tonight means **** all.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh, I do appreciate good manners. (And thank you for the lunch good wishes. The Ram was as lovely as ever, the staff charming, the food dispiriting, the bill rather steep.)

As far as the other thing is concerned we can easily sort it out. I said that my main reason for voting Remain had nothing to do with my wallet and you replied that the reasoning in question was delusional. I say you don't even know what the said reason is. You say you do. Easy. What is it?

Had a similar experience yesterday except the service was dispiriting but the food was reasonable. Change of ownership *tut*.

I would have thought most people on all sides who have given this momentous decision any serious consideration would argue their main reason would be what they thought was in the best future interests of our fellow citizens/country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go German Afd, lovely result! Kick the immigrants Milch cow up the bum!

Is the result in?

Ah yes. Just seen it. Not a shock though as Germany lurches to the right. Glad we are out of it.

A warning to Theresa May and the Conservatives-My party of voting choice,deliver on Brexit or UKIP will perhaps come to power sooner rather than later...

As for the Germans? I thought the EU and especially Germany loved freedom of movement? Perhaps she (Merkel) might at some stage consider re evaluating the concept of Freedom of Movement.

As an aside I do find this knicker-wetting pant-pissing obsession with Germany quite bizarre. Why on earth do you care so much for the politics here? You've voted to leave the EU so why concern yourselves with things that don't affect you? Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports