Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
As a leaver i would say what utter total rubbish this petition is,that said we once owned half of France and France for a while owned all of England so it's quite amazing how much and yet at the same time how little in common the languages have,bit like the UK in the the EU really...i say keep what we want and ditch the rest.
France owned all of England ? When was that then ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I agree. No second referendum for either but a vote once the negotiations have ended and we know what Brexit ACTUALLY means, then we can vote to uphold Brexit or not. Once we have the FULL picture . THAT would be your TRUE democracy.

Well, I and many others truly, deeply, firmly believe we should be in the EU and think that the referendum was a shambles floated on lies and I truly believe we at least need a second referendum.
If leavers really believe their result was a solid, unequivocal victory and people really, when in possession of the full facts would bite the same, what's to lose? I think we all know if we had a second referendum we'd be staying in the EU.

make your mind up
its almost as if you are being argumentative just for the sake of it........trolling as it were.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the heads up, had not seen this one, i shall share this petition as well.....thanks again :thumbsup:

What about all the other French words in the English dictionary? Shall we scrap them as well?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You would if you wanted to check the bill carefully.

I know why they're doing it, to get a deal. I just don't think it's the right way. This is the exact same entity which has been variously described as corrupt and unaccountable.....and now the uk wants to strike a deal with this corrupt and unaccountable body. This doesn't seem like the brave new world sold by BREXIT. Johnson said the process to "extricate the Uk from the super-state" should start immediately. I tend to agree. Leave with a clean slate and then, if the Uk really must do a deal, look into it afresh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wasn't William the Conqueror French? I'm pretty sure the rotary spoke French from between 1066 and about 1300.

For sure; England was ruled by a Frenchman but I think it's a bit extreme to suggest France ruled England.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The wording on the new post Brexit British passport with change from the French Dieu et mon droit (French for God & my right). Motto of the British monarch since adopted by Henry V to "Safe Bruv, Innit"

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Wasn't William the Conqueror French? I'm pretty sure the rotary spoke French from between 1066 and about 1300.
No , he wasnt, he was a Norman, a very distinct difference, they were Vikings who settled in Northern France.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
For sure; England was ruled by a Frenchman but I think it's a bit extreme to suggest France ruled England.
He wasnt French, there really was a very distinct difference, Normandy wasnt even part of France then.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I know why they're doing it, to get a deal. I just don't think it's the right way. This is the exact same entity which has been variously described as corrupt and unaccountable.....and now the uk wants to strike a deal with this corrupt and unaccountable body. This doesn't seem like the brave new world sold by BREXIT. Johnson said the process to "extricate the Uk from the super-state" should start immediately. I tend to agree. Leave with a clean slate and then, if the Uk really must do a deal, look into it afresh.

HT, don't fall into the trap set by the brexiteers, only just above half voted exit, just under were quite happy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No, he was a Norman. They were descended from Norse raiders and pirates from Denmark, Iceland and Norway who eventually came to some sort of 'agreement' with the French (in the same way as you could say they came to an 'agreement' with the English).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here