Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you didnt answer though
why would the EU impose a really really crap trade deal (your words) on the UK and itself

The EU will seek to get as much value and benefit from any deal as possible; this is what happens in trade. Who knows what they might ask for in return for favourable terms to the UK? Yes I know the Uk buys a lot of stuff but equally it sells a lot of financial services to the euro zone. As I have repeatedly said this latter point is a strong bargaining chip for the EU and they no doubt know how dependent the uk is on financial services. And remember, it's 20 plus countries who will vote and who knows what agendas and beneftits they want.

The bottom line is I don't know....and you certainly don't as you'd be telling me how BREXIT will look....or at least have a thought out plan.

D

Deleted member 22389

Its also a green light for the EU superstate where your voice is never heard
some people like to be controlled, and have their hand held in their daily life

i just dont get it:shrug:

I just don't get it either.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The EU will seek to get as much value and benefit from any deal as possible; this is what happens in trade. Who knows what they might ask for in return for favourable terms to the UK? Yes I know the Uk buys a lot of stuff but equally it sells a lot of financial services to the euro zone. As I have repeatedly said this latter point is a strong bargaining chip for the EU and they no doubt know how dependent the uk is on financial services. And remember, it's 20 plus countries who will vote and who knows what agendas and beneftits they want.

The bottom line is I don't know....and you certainly don't as you'd be telling me how BREXIT will look....or at least have a thought out plan.

i wasnt asking you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As you say - that's your thinking. But you have no idea.....neither does anyone else. It's a helluva gamble to take, isn't it? I don't have any massive love for the EU, but economically it works to our advantage, and we have absolutely no idea what the alternative scenario is. Gove thinks we could follow the Albanian model. It doesn't sound very enticing to me. Better the devil you know.....

So, Norwegian, Swiss, Canada, Australian, Peru and now some Albanian model. The out campaign is very incoherent. Are they making this up as they go along?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I can assure you there will be no gloating from me. Equally, I hope the little Englanders are magnanimous.
Why the sly dig again.. you can't help yourself, I assume you meant to say "voters with a genuine fear that the EU is having a negative effect on the country they choose to live in"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

As you say - that's your thinking. But you have no idea.....neither does anyone else. It's a helluva gamble to take, isn't it? I don't have any massive love for the EU, but economically it works to our advantage, and we have absolutely no idea what the alternative scenario is. Gove thinks we could follow the Albanian model. It doesn't sound very enticing to me. Better the devil you know.....

There is one thing for sure, immigration will never ever be controlled if we stay IN, no matter what they tell you. It really isn't better the devil you know. There is enough proof out there that the EU has failed and will continue failing with this current model.

What's the betting if we Remain another country in the EU Zone will seize the initiative to Leave, and turn out to be OK, then we will all be asking ourselves why we didn't do the same when we where handed that opportunity.

Heard of Frexit?
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/majority-of-french-back-holding-frexit-referendum/

The general public is not wrong. We are the bosses, we are the customers, we are the ones who buy the goods that make the businesses profitable in the first place, not the other way around.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Yes - you are right - our exports ARE generally higher value. That's why 44% of exports only translates into 3m jobs (and not a lot more). But 3m jobs is a helluva lot to gamble with, I think. And trade with the EU can only be replaced with trade to the rest of the world if we can do trade deals. You may not believe Obama, but it will almost certainly take years to negotiate anything with the US. I still haven't seen the Brexit camp come up with a list of countries who are queuing up to do trade deals with us (although I did hear Michael Gove advocating we follow the example of Albania.....)

3m jobs for 3m migrants.Honestly I wish the remain camp would stop banging on about the jobs that are created through the EU. We have an ever increasing population due to foreign workers and so we need these jobs for them. We need jobs for the unemployed british workers like those about to lose theirs at Port Talbot.Let's look after our own.

As for trade deals,we haven't even left the EU yet.

Britain is a rich country.We have alot of money to spend.Maybe as much as 3/4/5/8 other EU countries put together. Do you seriously think no-one will want to deal with us.In business you do not turn away sales.Every customer is important.We will be able to set up our own trade deals.Does it not wind you up to see Merkel,the self proclaimed leader of the EU taking charge of the EU/US trade deal? Let's run our own country.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

Herr T it seems to me your biggest concern over leaving the EU is that you may have to face long queues.Great reason for leaving.

You don't live in the UK so it's not really going to effect you.If you lived here you may have a different opinion.If you missed out on a job because the migrant
beat you to it you may have a different opinion.If your town was swamped by migrants you may have.If you couldn't get your child into the school of your choice
due to an ever increasing population you may have.If you had to wait forever for a doctors/hospital appointment you may have.

It's ok for you and others like you to vote remain because if you get it wrong then living abroad means you won't have the deal with the disaster that will follow.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The Remain camp are the 18 year olds who don't want to leave home.They fear the unknown and don't have the courage to live alone and fend for themselves.The Leave camp are the opposite.Fearless and with a f....you all attitude ready to take on the world and own it.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
The Remain camp are the 18 year olds who don't want to leave home.They fear the unknown and don't have the courage to live alone and fend for themselves.The Leave camp are the opposite.Fearless and with a f....you all attitude ready to take on the world and own it.

What bullsh*t.... and the Brexit tossers are elderly, bitter, crusty old invalids who are shortly about to snuff it, then. :tosser:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Remain camp are the 18 year olds

I may have youthful looks and exuberance BUT I'm not 18; my knowledge and wisdom demonstrates this?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I may have youthful looks and exuberance BUT I'm not 18; my knowledge and wisdom demonstrates this?

It doesn't.

Anyway none of this involves you. Maybe you should be more concerned about migrants assaulting the women in Cologne and other parts of your country.

You obviously can't think much of the UK if you don't even live here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It doesn't.

Anyway none of this involves you. Maybe you should be more concerned about migrants assaulting the women in Cologne and other parts of your country.

You obviously can't think much of the UK if you don't even live here.

It's just half 8 and you seem to have run out of sensible debate already.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes - you are right - our exports ARE generally higher value. That's why 44% of exports only translates into 3m jobs (and not a lot more). But 3m jobs is a helluva lot to gamble with, I think. And trade with the EU can only be replaced with trade to the rest of the world if we can do trade deals. You may not believe Obama, but it will almost certainly take years to negotiate anything with the US. I still haven't seen the Brexit camp come up with a list of countries who are queuing up to do trade deals with us (although I did hear Michael Gove advocating we follow the example of Albania.....)

Valid points indeed but with one small oversight ...... we don't HAVE to have a free trade agreement with a country to trade with it. A good example is the USA - TTIP isn't done and dusted yet but we still export a lot of stuff there. The implication in many of the remain camps arguments is that all trade with other countries will just dry up .... it won't ..... it will continue.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What bullsh*t.... and the Brexit tossers are elderly, bitter, crusty old invalids who are shortly about to snuff it, then. :tosser:

Up until now I've thought you were a little simple and part of the 6th form spotty oiks debating society ( or should that be masturbating society ? ). Sorry, I was wrong. You're just an out and out tw@t.

You're really Dan Glass aren't you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here