[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
There will not be second Referendum get over it .

This same rhetoric being spouted. "Get over it" lol

So childish. I am starting to believe that the Brexit voters are like the kid in the park who takes the ball home when everyone is having fun because they aren't liked liked.

Suddenly these same people who voted for Brexit who were never noticed previously and are unhappy with life are now all of a sudden by their act of stupidity getting noticed and they are reveling in the spot light. Feels good a little bit of power? This is why democracy is not always such a good thing. This country has way too many idiots and we need to protect them from their selves.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Delighted to capture this post for the record. So, for you it is about the race and nationality of those people coming to work here?

I'm sure you'll want to correct that.

It's odd. I'm on my way back from Europe now. Just conducted a business meeting with a whole host of nationalities, all in English.

We bang on about the EU creating regulations, and meanwhile, we've made a whole continent adopt our language. I had to smile at the thought.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

I have commented on a specific example that my sister and nephews have been wrestling with in Folkestone. A group of Romas who wash cars during the day and break into houses at night. Several have been caught. Also, for the record I have done business all over western Europe and I have worked in the US, Australia and South Africa. It's not about race and nationality of the people coming here. It's about the skill levels and the contribution they make to the economy. Don't play the race card with me.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Where they living opposite you thou, sitting outside drinking to all hours, that's my question?
And the other time an Eastern European women knocked on my door at 7am in the morning, crying her eyes out, stinking of sick, saying she was lost and wanted to go home

I'm afraid we see nothing down here in reality. I don't make this up.

The drinking outside in St.Leonard's is predominately done by The British.

I take your point that the strain here is not as large as elsewhere in the country and I don't claim to have knowledge of elsewhere in the country as I haven't lived there. I personally have no problem with the quite sizeable Eastern European population in the Hastings area. I do appreciate that being under 40 and having lived with my Czech ex-girlfriend at the time in St. Leonard's may influence my view on things too.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Delighted to capture this post for the record. So, for you it is about the race and nationality of those people coming to work here?

I'm sure you'll want to correct that.

It's odd. I'm on my way back from Europe now. Just conducted a business meeting with a whole host of nationalities, all in English.

We bang on about the EU creating regulations, and meanwhile, we've made a whole continent adopt our language. I had to smile at the thought.

And we didn't make anyone on the continent adopt our language. It was only the peoples in the British Empire who were persuaded/forced to do so

D

Deleted member 22389

I have commented on a specific example that my sister and nephews have been wrestling with in Folkestone. A group of Romas who wash cars during the day and break into houses at night. Several have been caught. Also, for the record I have done business all over western Europe and I have worked in the US, Australia and South Africa. It's not about race and nationality of the people coming here. It's about the skill levels and the contribution they make to the economy. Don't play the race card with me.

Like I said it comes down to a lack of experience living in areas with high immigration. That's why the card always get played.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
This same rhetoric being spouted. "Get over it" lol

So childish. I am starting to believe that the Brexit voters are like the kid in the park who takes the ball home when everyone is having fun because they aren't liked liked.

Suddenly these same people who voted for Brexit who were never noticed previously and are unhappy with life are now all of a sudden by their act of stupidity getting noticed and they are reveling in the spot light. Feels good a little bit of power? This is why democracy is not always such a good thing. This country has way too many idiots and we need to protect them from their selves.

Sorry if the truth hurts,and I think your find it is the In camp making all the noise and throwing their toys out the pram.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Funny because you have typed some words none of which have any meaning...

1) It is not nearer half the majority of immigration IS outside of the EU

2) Yea it an agreement between France and us but do think that there maybe a chance France will stop these checks as they were setup as part of us being in the EU. France can end it any time.

and you're backpeddling faster than Leave campaigner. 0.5% to "a majority", which is the same as i said. or you going to pretend 0.5% was a typo, accidently puting a decimal in there? i think the French will continue to apply checks which they are legal obliged to and maintain camps that mean their ports are stuffed with people trying to blag their way through without tickets or documentation, which under international law they should be either processing as asylum seekers or returning to their previous safe country of transit. the arrangment suits them as much as us. also NI is a non-issue. i have never supported Farage or his brand of politics, i will always support the truth though and the points i called out where outright false.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We might want to crack on with Trident renewal to keep that. I once read the steel actually needs cutting this year. It's a shame our Parliamentarians are preoccupied discussing something else at present and that Scottish independence is being mentioned again with the base being in Scotland too.

The Trident replacement can be pushed back for several years without any risk. Trident will be a serviceable nuclear deterrent for a long time yet. In any case, nobody is going to try to find out whether it still works or not.

D

Deleted member 22389

The drinking outside in St.Leonard's is predominately done by The British.

I take your point that the strain here is not as large as elsewhere in the country and I don't claim to have knowledge of elsewhere in the country as I haven't lived there. I personally have no problem with the quite sizeable Eastern European population in the Hastings area. I do appreciate that being under 40 and having lived with my Czech ex-girlfriend at the time in St. Leonard's may influence my view on things too.

Honest I wouldn't make it up, it's awful and has no benefit to us when it is like this.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We are a PERMANENT member. We don't have to do or not do anything to keep it.

'Trident is Britain’s “stick-on hairy chest” - Air Commodore Alastair Mackie,

I think we'd be considerably weaker than the others without Trident though, not to mention the odd ones out.

The emperor with no clothes, as well as the emperor without an empire.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We all had our reasons. Sovereignty, the wish for unlimited immigration, the wish for zero immigration, immigration somewhere in the middle, EU beaurocracy, the environment etc etc.
Mine happened to be the low wage economy caused by incentivising unskilled immigration. Pure economic argument motivated by the impact on workers. I understand the issues of Remain voters and agree with some of them but unlimited freedom of movement causes distortions in the regional economy if you happen to be a region. This is made worse by having two different currencies as the sterling economy is attracting unmanageablle levels of unskilled immigration.

These things are of concern to me too, yet I chose to vote remain. Firstly because I did not and do not believe exiting the E.U. will result in a barrier to migrant labour from Europe, and secondly because I do not believe that migrant labour is the major cause of a low wage economy.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
But you were sufficiently informed to decide on how to vote in the referendum, so you must have some sort of idea.

" I will say that mutually beneficial trade agreements with the nations and regions with which we want to trade are a key element"

That is some sort of idea.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Trident replacement can be pushed back for several years without any risk. Trident will be a serviceable nuclear deterrent for a long time yet. In any case, nobody is going to try to find out whether it still works or not.

True. I do hope Nigel Farage is never in a position to initiate it's launch though.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
and you're backpeddling faster than Leave campaigner. 0.5% to "a majority", which is the same as i said. or you going to pretend 0.5% was a typo, accidently puting a decimal in there? i think the French will continue to apply checks which they are legal obliged to and maintain camps that mean their ports are stuffed with people trying to blag their way through without tickets or documentation, which under international law they should be either processing as asylum seekers or returning to their previous safe country of transit. the arrangment suits them as much as us. also NI is a non-issue. i have never supported Farage or his brand of politics, i will always support the truth though and the points i called out where outright false.

What?? I was trying to understand the nonsense you initially wrote... I have stated all along that 0.5% is from EU immigration... The majority of immigration has nothing to do with the EU and from the outside. What do you no understand about that.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Sorry if the truth hurts,and I think your find it is the In camp making all the noise and throwing their toys out the pram.

We have more than two brain cells and realise the negative implications of an EU exit. However you guys just carry on beating your chest and spouting utter crap

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Of course, that is their negotiating start point, just as the UK negotiating start point is that we must have controlled migration. As Cameron said in the House today, there are many definitions of "freedom of movement".

Freedom of movement is not a negotiating start point. It is part of the central tenet of the European Union. If we want controlled migration from the EU we are not going to have tariff-free access to the single market. We might be able to negotiate odds and sods of change but we are not going to negotiate away the principle of free movement.

You are either going to have freedom of movement or you're not. If Cameron said there are. many different types of freedom of movement he's as wrong now as when he said that migration could be reduced to 10s of 1000s

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
" I will say that mutually beneficial trade agreements with the nations and regions with which we want to trade are a key element"

That is some sort of idea.

"with which WE want to trade."?

You don't even live here or work here or pay taxes here.

Don't you mean "with which YOU want to trade."

By the way, how are the natives treating you. Or do they complain about you washing cars, drinking in the street and breaking into houses?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
We have more than two brain cells and realise the negative implications of an EU exit. However you guys just carry on beating your chest and spouting utter crap

scaremongering before and after the referendum, Oh dear.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Freedom of movement is not a negotiating start point. It is part of the central tenet of the European Union. If we want controlled migration from the EU we are not going to have tariff-free access to the single market. We might be able to negotiate odds and sods of change but we are not going to negotiate away the principle of free movement.

You are either going to have freedom of movement or you're not. If Cameron said there are. many different types of freedom of movement he's as wrong now as when he said that migration could be reduced to 10s of 1000s

1, Freedom of movement with access to free healthcare or not
2. Freedom of movement with access to free education or not
3. Freedom of movement with access to child allowance or not
4. Freedom of movement with access to subsidised housing or not
5. Freedom of movement with income taxed under an emergency 40% tax code or not.
6. Freedom of movement with an additional employer NI contribution or not.

Many, many types of "free movement"

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
"with which WE want to trade."?

You don't even live here or work here or pay taxes here.

Don't you mean "with which YOU want to trade."

By the way, how are the natives treating you. Or do they complain about you washing cars, drinking in the street and breaking into houses?

I am still a UK National but not a UK resident. However, both my children are. I am still entitled to say "we".
Don't play the race card. They play it for real over here. As it happens, most of the crime here is committed by South Africans but there is a good proportion of it committed by other Africans, many of whom are illegal immigrants. I have been subjected to an attempted robbery at gunpoint and an attempted carjacking but I'm not sure which nationality the perpetrators were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports