Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It is actually very frightening the blasè attitude some Leave voters have to the repercussions, especially when you hear some of the reasons that people voted leave, ie just a protest vote etc and that combined with the fact seemingly a lot of the perceived promises made by the Leave campaign, ie spending £350m on the NHS, stopping the mass free movement, are unravelling.
exactly and yet they defend their position by saying... well all politicians lie... How ****ing deluded, brainwashed can you be

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No. I'm not being rude, I'm stating simple truths.

We live in a world where some people are very intelligent and some are not intelligent at all.

I agree we could debate the anti and pre-EU dogma which will sit on both sides. Many have entrenched views that are not open-minded.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

munch.jpg

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

These stupid pictures like that shit winnie the pooh one.

1) What ****ing views ans experiences did Bill base his vote on?

2) Bill is correct no one can predict however we ****ing knew what being in the EU was like having been in it for the last 44 years. Have we just got all too greedy? What do people actually want?

3) How does he want Britain better

4) Remainers haven't spread bile.

Be ****ing normal

Stop these simple, pointless cartoons. Sums up the brexit mentality.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
exactly and yet they defend their position by saying... well all politicians lie... How ****ing deluded, brainwashed can you be

Do you really believe that 52 percent of the vote for leave was because of one statement on the NHS.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Do you think a remain vote would have changed these people's opinions?

No the bile people think would still be their however due to the referendum people feel they can spout this shit now and hide behind the referendum result feeling safe in the fact that they feel they are the majoirty

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
That, and the 'freedom of movement for people', which has also be found to be untrue.

The In campaign lost allegedly because its Cameron fault, Osborne fault, the elders fault , the young not voting fault. The In campaign fault, the weather fault, the polls fault . the lies fault, Labours fault, Corbyn fault , etc etc etc

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Here's another simple,pointless,cartoon to sum up my Brexit mentality!hamilton.jpg

Only extremely intelligent people will be allowed to vote in the future-you old people and Sun-reading untermensch will be disenfranchised :tantrum:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Would have posted that earlier,but my other referendum bet came to pay up-both of them have paid up now!:eek:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Your saying that the UK are not his side? He was talking the UK up, which is his side.

He's not representing the UK well.

And when I said side, it is not going to be Nigel negotiating the terms of exit, it will be a member of our elected government (or are you going to say he is elected as he is an MEP, in which case you're on very dodgy ground as we were told that the whole EU was undemocratic - another lie.)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Here's another simple,pointless,cartoon to sum up my Brexit mentality!View attachment 76173

Only extremely intelligent people will be allowed to vote in the future-you old people and Sun-reading untermensch will be disenfranchised :tantrum:

Why are you withdrawing the vote from old people and sun-readers?

Or are you deliberately mistaking the observation that this issue is incredibly complex and had many people saying they did not understand it right up until polling day with another false claim. You Leavers love telling lies.

That's the only good thing to come out of this. I reckon many of the leave camp will be unelectable. The £350m is to Boris what Universities are to Clegg.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not representing the UK well.
That wasn't up for debate.

And when I said side, it is not going to be Nigel negotiating the terms of exit, it will be a member of our elected government
It's not you that said 'side', it was me. He said the EU have more to lose than the UK, and you said that was unacceptable behaviour, and I said he was just talking up his side before the negotiation. You said it's not his side, and now you're trying to tell me what 'side' means in this context, when it's me that used the word.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Perhaps you ought to examine the thousands of small and medium sized business owners, who are the life-blood of this country, who voted to leave. Just go and ask some of them why they voted as they did. These are the real wealth creators and have their finger on the pulse. They are educated, driven and positive. These are the people looking forward. These are the people that will keep this country on track. You won't hear doom and gloom from these people. Whilst all the hand-wringing and wailing and gnashing of teeth is going on, they are still employing millions of people and paying their taxes in the UK.
Politicians don't create wealth. They squander hard earned money. It amazes me that so many are prepared to put their faith in faceless bureaucrats, who are, first and foremost, paying themselves fortunes and looking after themselves. To trust the political elite in Brussels is misplaced and misguided faith.

I have done exactly that. My family runs its own business, I know 4 other people that own small businesses, and aside from a hovercraft company that the BBC kept trotting out in every Brexit piece on business that they did, I'm actually yet to see any small business owners that want out. Nonetheless, I believe there was a poll prior to the election that showed 46% of small business owners wanted to remain, with 41% opting to vote leave, with the rest undecided, which, as you point out, suggests there are a fair number that did vote Brexit. I guess we'll see whether their business opportunities grow post-Brexit, but all of the business owners I know are already starting to feel the negative effects and we haven't even started the process of leaving yet.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Makes me sick.

Me too, signals that Scotland would be welcomed in to the E.U. if they split, that performance and reaction will certainly embolden Scots thinking of separating from the U.K.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was just a cheeky piss take. You've seen him before, right?

Yes, I think he is hilarious.

That's just him talking up our side. You don't go into negotiations talking up the other side do you, it's hardly offensive.

I didn't say it was offensive :shrug: I said that it will inspire them to rise to the challenge. They will want him to eat his words. He didn't do us any favours.

I'm off to France tomorrow, I haven't complained.

Have you applied for a visa?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
These stupid pictures like that shit winnie the pooh one.

1) What ****ing views ans experiences did Bill base his vote on?

2) Bill is correct no one can predict however we ****ing knew what being in the EU was like having been in it for the last 44 years. Have we just got all too greedy? What do people actually want?

3) How does he want Britain better

4) Remainers haven't spread bile.

Be ****ing normal

Stop these simple, pointless cartoons. Sums up the brexit mentality.

Bang on.

It sums up why such a complex issue can't be left to Bill. For Bill's sake and everyone that shares a country with him.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
On 72 occasions in the Council of Ministers where the United Kingdom has opposed a particular measure. Of those 72 occasions, we had lost 72 times. One of the big 3 lol,

That is democracy.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have done exactly that. My family runs its own business, I know 4 other people that own small business, and aside from a hovercraft company that the BBC kept trotting out in every Brexit piece on business that they did, I'm actually yet to see any small businesses owners that want out. Nonetheless, I believe there was a poll prior to the election that showed 46% of small business owners wanted to remain, with 41% opting to vote leave, with the rest undecided, which, as you point out, suggests there are a fair number that did vote Brexit. I guess we'll see whether their business opportunities grow post-Brexit, but all of the business owners I know are already starting to feel the negative effects and we haven't even started the process of leaving yet.

I run a small business as well. My partners and I employ 65 people. I have never encountered this mythical EU beast that has stopped me doing business inside the UK or across Europe. It is a blooming myth. Leavers, you were lied to on that front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here