Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I stupidly recorded it and am finding it as depressing as expected. There were people in the audience who DON’T realise they were lied to!
...and as you see, there are STILL people on here who don't accept they were lied to. It's just that, instead of trying to conjure up imaginary benefits, they now deride combined complaints from people who always said Brexit would leave us worse off; those Brexit ultras will say ANYTHING to protect their own sensibilities and flawed logic, rather than hold up their hands and admit to human error in voting for it.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blue passports look nice and you get a load more time to admire them whilst standing in the massive queues when travelling through EU borders.
The realisation that the French know how to make a lovely passport.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
...and as you see, there are STILL people on here who don't accept they were lied to. It's just that, instead of trying to conjure up imaginary benefits, they now deride combined complaints from people who always said Brexit would leave us worse off; those Brexit ultras will say ANYTHING to protect their own sensibilities and flawed logic, rather than hold up their hands and admit to human error in voting for it.....
Don't be daft , woke warrior is working on his ten things as we speak. Tough for him in the edit of course, how can you whittle it down to just 10?

Of course everyone's lack of belief and refusal to get on board isn't helping.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Watch this go further up once things bite harder. Probably the most stark stat in here is the position of those in France and Italy -- traditionally those more minded to vote out -- who now back staying in the EU with 63% and 62% respectively. Brexit hasn't proved the domino effect that the charlatans confidently announced on 'independence day'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, on the 7th anniversary of the Brexit vote (and more tellingly, only 2.5 years after we actually left) what was George Osbourne predicting would happen if we left back in 2016 ?

Brexit would hit house prices significantly, says George Osborne​

Leaving the European Union would hit house prices significantly and make mortgages more expensive, George Osborne has claimed, as the referendum campaign steps up a gear. The chancellor is due to publish Treasury research about the short-term costs of Brexit in the coming days, and has revealed that one key finding will be that property prices could fall if voters decide to leave the EU on 23 June.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...es-significantly-george-osborne-eu-referendum

Bloody typical left wing, liberal, yoghurt knitting woke spreading Project Fear :dunce:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Excellent move from the BBC.
I’ve often said we need more exposure for Brexiteers.
Shows them up for what they are.

These are the nitwits that decided our future. And it’s a future of food banks, homelessness, repossessions, high cost/bad quality food, queues at borders, restricted travel, small
Business closures. limited options for our children. An endless list of catastrophic consequences. And that silly old bitch is worried about French tilers on roofs? Jesus wept.

Get us back in the single market and give us back our lives.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

These are the nitwits that decided our future. And it’s a future of food banks, homelessness, repossessions, high cost/bad quality food, queues at borders, restricted travel, small
Business closures. limited options for our children. An endless list of catastrophic consequences. And that silly old bitch is worried about French tilers on roofs? Jesus wept.

She is a lovely person, just upset that her roofers had to use safety gear and hence cost her more money.
The reason that safety rules are enforced better in UK construction is that the HSE started going after individual directors for gross negligence and not just have a company fined. Until then bosses didn't care if you were willing to risk your life to save an hour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obviously I have the trolls on ignore, but surely one of the more sensible pro-Brexit contingent must have cut and pasted their earlier explanation for the benefit of leaving? @Neville's Breakfast for example.

I have tried to put myself in a pro Brexit place to see what benefits I think I have obtained....

1. The EU is managed by appointees rather than elected representatives that are regularly subjected to the scrutiny of a vote. Actually, is this true? Who is making these appointments? It can only be the democratically elected governments of the nation states. We had control but it was vicarious. That's how parliamentary democracy works too. OK, so scrub that.

2. The EU impairs the movement of goods and people across national borders. No, that's obviously nonsense. I'd struggling here.....

3. We left the EU to take back control of our borders! That's the one. To stop illegal immigrants from outside the EU that, er. Hang on, hang on. What has the EU got to do with illegal immigrants? We have all seen the numbers go through the roof since we left the EU, so, that's clearly bollocks.

4. Did we leave the EU to reduce legal immigration? Well, I will conceded that we have succeeded there. We now have a shortage of key workers, doctors and nurses, for example. But most of these came from our former empire - India, and the West Indies, and Hong Kong. Leaving the EU hasn't affected this. We just introduced new laws to make legal immigration from outside the EU harder. We didn't have to leave the EU to do that. We always had the power to do that.

5. What about this. Leaving the EU appeals to the autistic streak in us that finds the idea of people in another country possibly having some sort of say in something or other relevant to our way of life unacceptable. It doesn't matter if this is real or imagined. As someone on the autism spectrum I understand this. Things hidden behind other things, even the idea of it, makes me feel anxious and unwell. So leaving the EU satisfied an autistic streak in us to feel free of being put upon by people we can't see.

The only thing I have to say about this is that it is the people we can see, the Johnsons of this world, that are most responsible for making people like me feel anxious and unwell. Perhaps I have had the luxury of spending much time in most of the countries of Europe on business or holiday, and all I have seen is better housing, better food, fewer grubby proles.....but more importantly no hint whatsoever of a sinister conspiracy of united foreigners plotting to do us down.

No, I don't feel there are things hidden behind other things, that need to be rejected by a simple OUT Brexit.

Anything left?

Nope.

One benefit for all this pain?

Of course there is the whataboutery. If we had stayed in the EU we would not have stolen a march on the EU by snaffling all the vaccines. A good point? If relevant our death rate would be the lowest in Europe. Hang on . . . it is one of the worst! So even the after timing doesn't work.

I think I'm with Ali Campbell here. You Brexitters were lied to.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Obviously I have the trolls on ignore, but surely one of the more sensible pro-Brexit contingent must have cut and pasted their earlier explanation for the benefit of leaving? @Neville's Breakfast for example.

I have tried to put myself in a pro Brexit place to see what benefits I think I have obtained....

1. The EU is managed by appointees rather than elected representatives that are regularly subjected to the scrutiny of a vote. Actually, is this true? Who is making these appointments? It can only be the democratically elected governments of the nation states? We had control but it was vicarious. That's how parliamentary democracy works too. OK, so scrub that.

2. The EU impairs the movement of goods and people across national borders. No, that's obviously nonsense. I'd struggling here.....

3. We left the EU to take back control of our borders! That's the one. To stop illegal immigrants from outside the EU that, er. Hang on, hang on. What has the EU got to do with illegal immigrants? We have all seen the numbers go through the roof since we left the EU, so, that's clearly bollocks.

4. Did we leave the EU to reduce legal immigration? Well, I will conceded that we have succeeded there. We now have a shortage of key workers, doctors and nurses, for example. But most of these came from our former empire - India, and the West Indies, and Hong Kong. Leaving the EU hasn't affected this. We just introduced new laws to make legal immigration from outside the EU harder. We didn't have to leave the EU to do that. We always had the power to do that.

5. What about this. Leaving the EU appeals to the autistic streak in us that finds the idea of people in another country possibly having some sort of say in something or other relevant to our way of life unacceptable. It doesn't matter if this is real or imagined. As someone on the autism spectrum I understand this. Things hidden behind other things, even the idea of it, makes me feel anxious and unwell. So leaving the EU satisfied an autistic streak in us to feel free of being put upon by people we can't see.

The only thing I have to say about this is that it is the people we can see, the Johnsons of this world, that are most responsible for making people like me feel anxious and unwell. Perhaps I have had the luxury of spending much time in most of the countries of Europe on business or holiday, and all I have seen is better housing, better food, fewer grubby proles.....but more importantly no hint whatsoever of a sinister conspiracy of united foreigners plotting to do us down.

No, I don't feel there are things hidden behind other things, that need to be rejected by a simple OUT Brexit.

Anything left?

Nope.

Of course there is the whataboutery. If we had stayed in the EU we would not have stolen a march on the EU by snaffling all the vaccines. A good point? If relevant our death rate would be the lowest in Europe. Hang on . . . it is one of the worst! So even the after timing doesn't work.

Ssshh! Fragile egos are vulnerable to this sort of comment.....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

1. The EU is managed by appointees rather than elected representatives that are regularly subjected to the scrutiny of a vote. Actually, is this true? Who is making these appointments? It can only be the democratically elected governments of the nation states. We had control but it was vicarious. That's how parliamentary democracy works too. OK, so scrub that.

Anything left?

Nope.

Telling you didn't once mention that our passports are now BLUE

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Yep, giving them a platform shows them for the ill informed fools they are. I've only seen short clips of QT on Twitter but scaffold woman and that obnoxious stale n grey boomer claiming 'EU citizens were coming in and heading straight to the dole office' was depressingly typical of voxpop brexit voter ignorance. Probably read it in the Express or from some bloke down the pub. Any EU citizen who turned up at a job centre after stepping off a plane wouldn't be eligible for anything. An urban myth swallowed willingly or otherwise by fools.

Still, at least British builders now have the freedom of movement to fall off roofs. The French and Germans have been doing it for years (according to scaffold woman) so it's only fair Brit builders can forgo that health and safety nonsense...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here