Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Some of the arrogance on this thread is breathtaking. Anyone who doesn't agree is thick etc. Need to come to their senses bla bla bla. Perfectly happy with voting leave & would do again. Doesn't make me less intelligent that I have a different opinion. You are entitled to your opinion & I don't think any less of anyone who thinks differently to me. Get over it FFS. IT'S 7 years ago!
Why would you do it again?
Let me know when you get a chance

Oh he’s gone

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Some of the arrogance on this thread is breathtaking. Anyone who doesn't agree is thick etc. Need to come to their senses bla bla bla. Perfectly happy with voting leave & would do again. Doesn't make me less intelligent that I have a different opinion. You are entitled to your opinion & I don't think any less of anyone who thinks differently to me. Get over it FFS. IT'S 7 years ago!
You're quite correct - it doesn't make you less intelligent, so wouldn't you consider that intelligence involves taking into account available information, from a range of sources, weighing up the pros and cons, sorting the wheat from the chaff, etc.?
It also includes having the capacity to see (and accept) that a wrong decision may have been made, in the (ongoing) light of new information emerging. Not only that, but the intelligence to accept things have not gone the way you have expected and the ability to realise that.
Any intelligent person can see the utter mess and financial chaos that Brexit has caused, without any defined benefits so far.
As you are clearly an intelligent person, I would love to hear your reasoning behind your decision seven years ago, and why you still think it was a good idea?

kojak

Jan 17, 2022

@bazbha has made the point that he and fellow Brexit voters are neither stupid nor racist. He is also happy with the choice he made all those years ago. Fair enough. What he doesn't (can't) point to is anything positive the result has achieved. Not. a. single. thing.​

I.say.your.so.clever.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
That's the problem - the information to Remain wasn't freely available, you had to look for it.
While you were looking the information to Leave, was clear, targeted and appealing to the lowest common denominator.

It's very easy to blame the Brexiteers for this mess - but the bottom line is they were/are leopards and they're still spotty.

We should never forget the wishy-washy 'Remain: we might as well' campaign, which was an incoherent mess seemingly centred around the belief of 'we aren't stupid, ignorant, little Englanders are we?'
No,we're stupid,ignorant little Sussex people
It makes all the difference 😆

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
You're quite correct - it doesn't make you less intelligent, so wouldn't you consider that intelligence involves taking into account available information, from a range of sources, weighing up the pros and cons, sorting the wheat from the chaff, etc.?
It also includes having the capacity to see (and accept) that a wrong decision may have been made, in the (ongoing) light of new information emerging. Not only that, but the intelligence to accept things have not gone the way you have expected and the ability to realise that.
Any intelligent person can see the utter mess and financial chaos that Brexit has caused, without any defined benefits so far.
As you are clearly an intelligent person, I would love to hear your reasoning behind your decision seven years ago, and why you still think it was a good idea?
The circle jerk collective still obsessively posting on this thread only selectively source quotes/'information' from their echo chamber and continually, deliberately conflate the effects of a global pandemic and a war in Europe with Brexit just to say ' I told you so'.

As every honest pro remain voter on this thread had absolutely no idea what EU membership really entailed, had no understanding of 'ever closer union' had no idea what powers were continually surrendered to a centralised power they had no real influence on, year in year out ... any discussion of "intelligence' or lecturing about informed decision making is laughable. :lolol:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The circle jerk collective still obsessively posting on this thread only selectively source quotes/'information' from their echo chamber and continually, deliberately conflate the effects of a global pandemic and a war in Europe with Brexit just to say ' I told you so'.

As every honest pro remain voter on this thread had absolutely no idea what EU membership really entailed, had no understanding of 'ever closer union' had no idea what powers were continually surrendered to a centralised power they had no real influence on, year in year out ... any discussion of "intelligence' or lecturing about informed decision making is laughable. :lolol:
As is your pointless post....as usual. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It’s a word salad which in some parallel universe, makes sense. Or maybe not.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Oh come along TB let's not pretend you had any clue of the cost benefit analysis of EU membership pre 2016. Or had even heard of 'ever closer union', or could list/ care about one business suffering from EU regulations ..
Got any actual benefits, yet? Going well for everyone, is it?
Honestly, you are rather ridiculous. :ROFLMAO:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh come along TB let's not pretend you had any clue of the cost benefit analysis of EU membership pre 2016. Or had even heard of 'ever closer union', or could list/ care about one business suffering from EU regulations ..
Is your Dad @Steve Foster or are you just also him? Best of luck in Westdene either way mate.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Got any actual benefits, yet? Going well for everyone, is it?
Honestly, you are rather ridiculous. :ROFLMAO:
Numerous examples already mentioned and continually ignored on this thread.

Care to explain the principles of 'ever closer union' ? Remind me when we had any direct democratic say on ceding powers to the EU or when you had the first clue what ongoing EU membership really meant?

😁

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The Leave campaign took onboard Trumps campaign methods. Short sharp 3 word soundbites and shouting down anything sensible from Remain with cries of “Fake news” and “Fearmongering”. It worked for Trump and it worked for Farage, Johnson and co.
The Brexit vote took place about 5 months before 2016 presidential election. Similar methods, but it’s possible that the Trump campaign actually learned from the leave campaign in that truth is overrated when it comes to winning elections.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Numerous examples already mentioned and continually ignored on this thread.

Care to explain the principles of 'ever closer union' ? Remind me when we had any direct democratic say on ceding powers to the EU or when you had the first clue what ongoing EU membership really meant?

😁
You're funny - sad, but funny. :)

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
The Brexit vote took place about 5 months before 2016 presidential election. Similar methods, but it’s possible that the Trump campaign actually learned from the leave campaign in that truth is overrated when it comes to winning elections.
This might come as a shock, but most electoral campaigns in western democracies are mainly bullshit but it takes a special type of privileged whiney snowflake to continually complain about the result several years later.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
This might come as a shock, but most electoral campaigns in western democracies are mainly bullshit but it takes a special type of privileged whiney snowflake to continually complain about the result several years later.
You really lack the awareness to realise that in winning, you actually lost.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Doesn't make me less intelligent that I have a different opinion.
Yes it does.

If your opinion is complete and total bobbins.

And at this stage I'd say the opinion that "Brexit is still a good idea" is around the same level of idiotic opinion as "the world is flat".

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here