Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Fair point, however from my point of view poor/rude customer service needs calling out to the employer, it's how a great business work....through feedback...i gave mine and all justifiable, if the employer chooses to not take my point on, then I can choose not to give my cash to them until I am ready. I need to see that they deal with customers in the right way in the future.

Are they better cooks, they cook crepe food.

Or conversely.

1.Brexit likes to be blamed from remoaners, and that's why the Brexit thread is still running all these years on.
2.They genuinely think Brexit is to blame. Making them closed in mind and only able to follow sensationalist media hyping headlines.

Ps have unions caused and travel chaos lately? have lefty warriors block roads deliberately causing more chaos?

The French need to get those booths maned at the busiest time of year, this is not rocket science and they didn't, it's all political. Basically they are not our friends, we should stop pretending they are.
Yet again the liberal left love to knock their country, even when they are completely wrong.
Some of you liberals are so anti British it's untrue. The reason you are, is purely political.
If labour or the lib Dems were in, I would not lose my birth nation just because of politics, born British and will always back Britain.
If ever I felt like you guys I would be gone, your hatred for our country is always being promoted. Just go guys, you will feel better for it and so will our country.
#OnecountryBritain
Errmm.....

No.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Sounds like a simple and effective step for solving the main problems. Disappointing that Boris did secure these things on the way out. Is this something that the Labour party have promised?

The Brexit ideologies are fairly disparate from what I can work out. I wonder how many who voted to leave, did so with the idea that some or all of these things would be off the table. I seem to remember at one point the single market not being presented as part of what you were leaving.

Labour (Starmer) said they will make Brexit work, the above does that.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
There were statements from politicians which stated Nobody is talking about leaving the Single Market, which were lies. When people voted, there were lots of misleading comments and lies.

To answer a question you asked previously, there is a European Movement in this country. Several politicians such as John Major, Michael Heseltine, Alastair Campbell, Caroline Lucas, etc run it. I get emails from them regularly.
The LibDems are pro Europe, and the Green Party plus the SNP.

The 2016 vote was only about EU membership, nothing else. You only need a referendum if they they wanted to rejoin the EU. Just be like Norway or Switzerland - simples....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why do people choose to go away on the first day of the school holidays? It's always chaos somewhere. Roads, airports, ports. Some folks never learn.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sounds like a simple and effective step for solving the main problems. Disappointing that Boris did secure these things on the way out. Is this something that the Labour party have promised?

The Brexit ideologies are fairly disparate from what I can work out. I wonder how many who voted to leave, did so with the idea that some or all of these things would be off the table. I seem to remember at one point the single market not being presented as part of what you were leaving.

good to have a view from afar. you're right there were many different groups in the brexit vote, and many didnt vote for this, they voted for many arbitary undefined versions of what brexit would be. as you put in another post, the way its handled is the biggest problem, because hardliner "leave everything" took over. i dont think there's appetite for a vote to go back, not yet anyway, as most dont feel the effects day to day. it'll be politically toxic to promote full membership now (note Starmer has realised this), better strategy would be to get into office then introduce some closer ties, old links and policies under different names.

D

Deleted member 2719

Or conversely.

1.Brexit likes to be blamed from remoaners, and that's why the Brexit thread is still running all these years on.
2.They genuinely think Brexit is to blame. Making them closed in mind and only able to follow sensationalist media hyping headlines.

Ps have unions caused and travel chaos lately? have lefty warriors block roads deliberately causing more chaos?

The French need to get those booths maned at the busiest time of year, this is not rocket science and they didn't, it's all political. Basically they are not our friends, we should stop pretending they are.
Yet again the liberal left love to knock their country, even when they are completely wrong.
Some of you liberals are so anti British it's untrue. The reason you are, is purely political.
If labour or the lib Dems were in, I would not lose my birth nation just because of politics, born British and will always back Britain.
If ever I felt like you guys I would be gone, your hatred for our country is always being promoted. Just go guys, you will feel better for it and so will our country.
#OnecountryBritain

Guys, I left the Brexit thread yonks ago for the same reason, this just goes round in circles.
I have said my piece above and I have always said there will be bumps in the road and it will always be better in the future.
I have always said the remainder press will keep making dramas from nothing and their followers will be gullible to believe 100% of it.

Yes and people do need to get over it, it's done now.

Britain will move forward in the meantime there will be the unacceptables still kicking and screaming and slowing up the progress.

So I won't be spending my time on this thread, anymore.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So I won't be spending my time on this thread, anymore.[/QUOTE]

Can you do this on the F1 thread too? :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Guys, I left the Brexit thread yonks ago for the same reason, this just goes round in circles.
I have said my piece above and I have always said there will be bumps in the road and it will always be better in the future.
I have always said the remainder press will keep making dramas from nothing and their followers will be gullible to believe 100% of it.

Yes and people do need to get over it, it's done now.

Britain will move forward in the meantime there will be the unacceptables still kicking and screaming and slowing up the progress.

So I won't be spending my time on this thread, anymore.

Jam tomorrow. Unfulfilled promises.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Out of interest, we still import a lot more from the EU than we export to it. Are there equivalent queues of lorries overseas, or are (incredibly!) our passport control somehow better at getting people into the country than the various EU equivalents?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know that the arguments have been done to death but it seems to me (someone without a dog in the race) that the EU was never your problem. The problem was, and continues to be a series of governments who do not represent the people who vote for them. All the time you have Tory governments in things are not going to improve and they will continue to find scapegoats to blame. I suppose eventually if you stay out of the EU they will begin to blame them less (whilst of course failing to fund services for the electorate).

The major difference now seems to be that these governments are now able to go about their business without the checks and balances of the EU. This to me should be something that is more concerning to people.

I admit my anti-Tory bias and continue to wait for them to show that they are a party that can be trusted. Like you I don't care much for the colour of the rosette and would just like to see a competent, compassionate and trustworthy government capable of solving the country's problems in or out of the EU.

There's this for sure.

The other problem, as I see it, is some people continue to cling to the idea that a small island nation can go it alone on the global stage because we once had an empire. Damn the consequences, damn our reputation, damn the future of our children - we ruled the world once and we don't need anybody, certainly not some bloody French passport checkers, telling us what to do.

It's like some deep, ingrained psychological wound to people.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Out of interest, we still import a lot more from the EU than we export to it. Are there equivalent queues of lorries overseas, or are (incredibly!) our passport control somehow better at getting people into the country than the various EU equivalents?

The Brexit deal hasn’t been fully implemented yet. Imports are still not being regulated. I believe it was postponed yet again to 2023.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/1248/contents

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008

Don't know about more effective, more not bothering. My experience is not the same due to CTA. I have traveled between UK and Ireland at least a dozen times in last two years - my passport, and those of everyone else on flight, have been checked everytime in Dublin and Shannon (and I travel on an EU passport). Checks have only taken place once when entering UK. And in no way are the flights filled purely with British and Irish travellers.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

No, what it means is that we haven't implemented the Brexit Import Controls to 'Take Back Control' that were agreed and signed off, because that leading Brexiteer JRM has now decided that it would be 'an act of self harm' :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
good to have a view from afar. you're right there were many different groups in the brexit vote, and many didnt vote for this, they voted for many arbitary undefined versions of what brexit would be. as you put in another post, the way its handled is the biggest problem, because hardliner "leave everything" took over. i dont think there's appetite for a vote to go back, not yet anyway, as most dont feel the effects day to day. it'll be politically toxic to promote full membership now (note Starmer has realised this), better strategy would be to get into office then introduce some closer ties, old links and policies under different names.

You're certainly correct that this isn't the Brexit a lot of Leave voters voted for, but it is definitely the Brexit that Remain voters voted against ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
valid
/ˈvalɪd/

adjective
(of an argument or point) having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.
"a valid criticism"

It is certainly an opinion, but it's not a valid opinion, unless there is evidence of a French cover up like the Champions League Final causing the problems at Dover :shrug:

Sorry

Reasonable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here