Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Getting back to the UK because of Covid restrictions I completely get, but if they worked here previously they should have applied for settled status. I did my mothers in Jan 2019.

Travelling through France and Italy every year to see relatives in 80's and 90's, I was always impressed by the motorway service stations, the facilities especially for lorry drivers. Ours were laughable in comparison, and by the sounds of it they still are.

I wouldn't want to drive a lorry on our roads. Driving a car is stressful enough. Let's hope this changes lorry drivers wages and conditions in the future.

If there is ample work in Europe where they don't have such restrictions and can move freely, why would they bother?

Remember one ot the reasons for leaving was all that red tape and bureacracy? yet here we are not able to make things work with Europe because of red tape that WE created since leaving

D

Deleted member 22389

If there is ample work in Europe where they don't have such restrictions and can move freely, why would they bother?

Remember one ot the reasons for leaving was all that red tape and bureacracy? yet here we are not able to make things work with Europe because of red tape that WE created since leaving

Like everything, if the money is right, people will do the job.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Like everything, if the money is right, people will do the job.

Contrary to what JFCFG et al believes, wages are a red herring, You could double their wages but the people just aren't there.

Freedom of movement wasn't perfect but it worked, there were a few sectors, out of the many hundreds, where wage supression was felt but this was jumped on and exagerated in the media in their pursuit of demonising anything foreign. Having the freedom of available workers at a moments notice to come and go freely plugged all those employment gaps for seasonal workers, in hospitality and many other low skilled roles. ending that because of the argument about cheap foreign labour is throwing the baby out with the bath water, calling it "taking back control" is absurd

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree. People’s motivations (including drivers of course) are a complete unknown and can be interpreted in various ways for different purposes.

Thank you for a rancour-free instructive discussion. At least we have thought about the issues and tried to tease out ‘the truth’..

It makes a refreshing change from the snide innuendos and bad faith….

I’m still very much against Brexit, I just think the danger is blaming everything bad on that rather than just bad leadership/other things!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Kinky Gerbils;10017494[B said:
I’m still very much against Brexit, I just think the danger is blaming everything bad on that rather than just bad leadership/other things!

Your arguments are reasoned and well supported... so I am hardly surprised.

It is a disagreeable characteristic of our few remaining tribal Brexiters that they feel entitled to claim balanced views as somehow supportive of their economically harmful and transparently nonsensical cause.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brighton van driver speaks out about petrol shortages...... and Brexit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtRig0P6T84

We need to get a grip...

Capture.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here