Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I certainly didn't intend to upset you, but as I've already explained, I don't know your address. I only know what you've posted on here, and I didn't fancy wandering round West Durrington looking for a DHSS benefit cheat, knocking on all the houses with a caravan or camper van in the front garden saying 'Are you the train driver Baker lite ?'
Don’t be shy, I don’t bite.
Why don’t you want to come round for a brew? And why are you accusing me of being a benefit cheat?You know my address, pop round [emoji8]

Editing posts before quoting them ? Who do you think you are [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] or [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] ?

I certainly didn't intend to upset you, but as I've already explained, I don't know your address. I only know what you've posted on here, and I didn't fancy wandering round West Durrington looking for a street full of DHSS benefit cheats, knocking on all the houses with a caravan or camper van in the front garden saying 'Are you the train driver Baker lite ?'

Sorry :shrug:

Silly, I know you are easily confused. I wasn't calling you a benefit cheat, I was referring to your neighbour that you told us about and the hundreds and thousands of others :facepalm:
The ‘ lame’ I refer to is vile tit at the end of my road that one minute is up on a roof, doing someone’s flashing, and the next minute hobbling about on a crutch on the hand outs, then again the next week up a ladder cleaning someone’s guttering.
Multiply that by a few hundred thousand, we could save a nice few quid, then there are the lazy, wouldn’t know a days work if it come and bit them on the arse, the useless… you could probably tell me more about that..
Imagine if he had a caravan and I mistakenly knocked on his door instead of yours :eek:

I'd love to stay and play, but someone has to get that Gorgonzola into those Chicken Breasts and wrap then in pancetta :bigwave:

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well with his careful financial planning I’d imagine at the very least he’s on the Times Rich List [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good point, hopefully his alternate account GG can confirm what position now Wz has popped off to cook dinner at 4.35 [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
All great, entertaining guff from the Troll Squad, although I only skimmed through most of it. Did I miss any mention of Brexit benefits or comments on the ongoing problems, post-Brexit?
I could hazard a guess at the answer, but I'd hate to make an unreasonable assumption.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All great, entertaining guff from the Troll Squad, although I only skimmed through most of it. Did I miss any mention of Brexit benefits or comments on the ongoing problems, post-Brexit?
I could hazard a guess at the answer, but I'd hate to make an unreasonable assumption.
Mmm have look through the below, I think Brexit gets a mention [emoji6]
I think your first statement is fairly obvious to everyone, but it seems to me there are two possible solutions to the second part which contains the issue which seems to be bothering you, and maybe I could help with some advice.

1. You could continue to make stupid posts and continue pleading to my sense of sympathy not to highlight them
2. You could stop making stupid posts about Brexit and I wouldn't be able to highlight them (a fact that I have pointed out to you numerous times over the life of this thread)

For instance, if we take just your last few weeks contributions to this thread, completely ignoring the fact that you actually quote me in them :lolol:

I assume from the above that you've decided option 1 is your preference. Good luck with that :thumbsup:

But I have only ever had one account and you quoting things from another account doesn't change that :shrug:

Just a shame that you and your friend [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] couldn't be more honest about how many accounts you actually have

And I think the secret to being 'well connected' at mod towers is quite simple. Just between you and me, I don't think they like bell ends :wink:

Anyway, enough of calling out your bullshit, how's the new job going ?

I certainly didn't intend to upset you, but as I've already explained, I don't know your address. I only know what you've posted on here, and I didn't fancy wandering round West Durrington looking for a street full of DHSS benefit cheats, knocking on all the houses with a caravan or camper van in the front garden saying 'Are you the train driver Baker lite ?'

Sorry :shrug:

Editing posts before quoting them ? Who do you think you are [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] or [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] ?

Silly, I know you are easily confused. I wasn't calling you a benefit cheat, I was referring to your neighbour that you told us about and the hundreds and thousands of others :facepalm:

Imagine if he had a caravan and I mistakenly knocked on his door instead of yours :eek:

I'd love to stay and play, but someone has to get that Gorgonzola into those Chicken Breasts and wrap then in pancetta :bigwave:

On the plus side this plan seems to be going so much better than the boycott the Bear Pit one :dunce:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Mmm have look through the below, I think Brexit gets a mention [emoji6]

Trouble is, that's not really a representative sample of 'most' of his posts, is it?

Clearly, you post nothing Brexit-related (hence your very suitable 'Annoying Troll' tag), and rarely (if ever) does it get a mention from the rest of the goons/Troll Squad.
It's always fun when the gang turn up, though, like a chimp's tea party with less humour (and, dare I say, intellect.)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Possibly the same person who omitted you from the earlier list of goon behaviour, because quite frankly, I don't know what you actually do/don't do, when it comes to adding anything.
That said, it isn't much, really. :shrug:

Well he can't get a job, and he doesn't vote, but I'm guessing you're after things he CAN actually do, so I'm afraid you're on your own :shrug:

I'm having a five minute break after dinner, but have I told you how easy Choux pastry is to make and cook :wink:

Someone's gonna have to melt that chocolate :bigwave:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Don’t be shy, I don’t bite.
Why don’t you want to come round for a brew? And why are you accusing me of being a benefit cheat?You know my address, pop round [emoji8]

is this your road?

3-Racists-Way-Trump-Street-Sign.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1436595751191257093[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I see that [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] was getting really worried that this thread was going off topic yesterday, so specially for him

Food shortages ‘permanent’ and shoppers will never again enjoy full choice of items, Britons warned

Food shortages in supermarkets and restaurants are “permanent” and shoppers will never again enjoy a full choice of items, an industry boss has told Britons. In an extraordinary warning, the head of the Food and Drink Federation said staff shortages – triggered by a combination of Covid and Brexit – had killed off the “just-in-time” delivery model. “I don’t think it will work again, I think we will see we are now in for permanent shortages,” Ian Wright said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/food-shortages-brexit-covid-boris-johnson-b1917763.html

EU rejects UK’s demand to scrap Northern Ireland protocol

After a two-day trip to Northern Ireland, the European Commission vice-president, Maroš Šefčovič, repeated his warning that a renegotiation would merely lead to more instability for businesses and communities.“I will not mince my words. The protocol is not the problem. On the contrary, it is the only solution we have. Failing to apply it will not make problems disappear, but simply take away the tools to solve them,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/eu-rejects-uk-s-demand-to-scrap-northern-ireland-protocol/ar-AAOiBhG?ocid=mailsignout

UK trade with EU falls sharply as Brexit and Covid drive down exports

Britain’s trade with the EU fell sharply in July, with Brexit and the global pandemic driving exports £1.7bn lower than in July 2018 and imports falling by £3bn, according to official data. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the fall was largely driven by declines in medicinal and pharmaceutical products, which have been particularly hit by the need for separate regulatory approval post Brexit. Experts said the latest ONS figures could be a sign that the UK is losing its overall competitiveness.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/10/uk-trade-with-eu-falls-as-brexit-and-covid-drive-down-exports

Brexit: Paypal introduces new fees between UK and EU

PayPal is increasing fees that will affect business with the EU – British companies will be charged a 1.29 per cent fee for payments from the European Economic Area (EEA) and vice versa. Most businesses currently pay a 0.5 per cent fee for similar charges, a figure that has remain unchanged since before the UK left the EU customs union and single market.PayPal said it is incurring extra costs such as the rising interchange fees between the UK and EEA as European rules capping debit and credit card interchange fees at 0.3 per cent and 0.2 per cent, respectively, no longer apply to UK businesses.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brexit-paypal-introduces-new-fees-between-uk-and-eu/ar-AAOgNFm?ocid=mailsignout

‘I will never go back’: Eastern European truckers not returning to UK after Brexit

Logistics UK, the trade body for hauliers, said Britain had a chronic driver shortage for many years, but the problem was now acute. Industry leaders have called on the government to add heavy goods vehicle drivers to its shortage occupation list, which would give foreign hauliers an exemption from post-Brexit immigration rules that bar them from being hired. Add to that Brexit. For truckers, that meant endless paperwork, including customs procedures they were never trained for and queues at the border. Other issues included the need to take UK driving exams that many truckers did not have the language skills for, along with a more hostile attitude to foreigners in Britain.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/i-will-never-go-back-eastern-european-truckers-not-returning-to-uk-after-brexit-1.4670455

UK to delay imminent new Brexit border checks on food amid shortages

The UK will delay checks on some EU imports while it seeks a solution on trade of foodstuffs with Northern Ireland, according to officials and a new piece of legislation.The official government line is that businesses should still prepare for an October deadline, but the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) confirmed on Thursday that there will be a further delay to checks on chilled meats. This latest delay would be the UK government’s third, after the original plan was for checks to imposed in January 2021.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-border-checks-eu-shortages-b1917250.html

Telecoms firm Three to bring back European roaming charges in post-Brexit blow

Three has become the latest U.K. mobile network to reintroduce roaming fees for Britons traveling to the EU, breaking its promise not to reinstate charges after Brexit.The company will charge a flat £2 daily fee when roaming within the EU, with the exemption of Ireland and the Isle of Man. The changes will apply to customers who are new or upgrading from October 1, but will not come into effect until May 23, 2022. Countries outside the EU where free roaming was allowed with Three will now incur a £5 daily fee. The EU banned roaming fees across its territory in June 2017, but the EU-U.K. Trade and Cooperation Agreement failed to include a guarantee on free roaming after Brexit.

https://www.politico.eu/article/three-to-bring-back-european-roaming-charges-in-post-brexit-blow-to-consumers/

Brexit deadlines: reality will not be deferred

In Brexit negotiations, no deadline is final. Reliably, it is the UK that needs an extension. Just as consistently, the reason is failure to understand the implications of something that had been agreed before the last deadline. But the problem is not just technical. It is also theological. For example, the simplest solution in one of the most awkward areas – veterinary checks on agricultural produce – involves alignment of UK and Brussels standards. But that would be a dilution of regulatory sovereignty, so unacceptable to the high priests of Brexit.
A picture is emerging of Britain as a lonely country, desperate for Brexit validation from non-European countries and unwilling to accept that repairing relations with Europe is the urgent priority. It might take a few more postponed deadlines before that reality is brought home. Mr Johnson may wish to pause his treaty obligations indefinitely, but the wider problems with Brexit come down to facts of geography and economics, which cannot be unilaterally suspended

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/08/the-guardian-view-on-brexit-deadlines-reality-will-not-be-deferred

HGV driver shortage: The Government can’t fix the lorry crisis until it admits it was caused by Brexit

Nearly every day there’s another shortage: milkshakes in McDonald’s, chicken in Nando’s, blood test-tubes in the NHS, treatment chemicals in the sewage system – all, according to businesses, the result of a lack of heavy good vehicle (HGV) drivers to deliver products. And yet the Government seems curiously unwilling to tackle the issue. The reason is predictable and depressing: the B-word. They know that Brexit lies at the heart of what is happening and that what’s happening must therefore be ignored.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/hgv-driver-shortage-uk-government-fix-lorry-crisis-caused-brexit-1191706

The sweet taste of Victory :dunce:

Still. it could be worse. Imagine what might have happened if you hadn't understood exactly what you were voting for :shootself

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I see that [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] was getting really worried that this thread was going off topic yesterday, so specially for him

Food shortages ‘permanent’ and shoppers will never again enjoy full choice of items, Britons warned

Food shortages in supermarkets and restaurants are “permanent” and shoppers will never again enjoy a full choice of items, an industry boss has told Britons. In an extraordinary warning, the head of the Food and Drink Federation said staff shortages – triggered by a combination of Covid and Brexit – had killed off the “just-in-time” delivery model. “I don’t think it will work again, I think we will see we are now in for permanent shortages,” Ian Wright said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/food-shortages-brexit-covid-boris-johnson-b1917763.html

EU rejects UK’s demand to scrap Northern Ireland protocol

After a two-day trip to Northern Ireland, the European Commission vice-president, Maroš Šefčovič, repeated his warning that a renegotiation would merely lead to more instability for businesses and communities.“I will not mince my words. The protocol is not the problem. On the contrary, it is the only solution we have. Failing to apply it will not make problems disappear, but simply take away the tools to solve them,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/eu-rejects-uk-s-demand-to-scrap-northern-ireland-protocol/ar-AAOiBhG?ocid=mailsignout

UK trade with EU falls sharply as Brexit and Covid drive down exports

Britain’s trade with the EU fell sharply in July, with Brexit and the global pandemic driving exports £1.7bn lower than in July 2018 and imports falling by £3bn, according to official data. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the fall was largely driven by declines in medicinal and pharmaceutical products, which have been particularly hit by the need for separate regulatory approval post Brexit. Experts said the latest ONS figures could be a sign that the UK is losing its overall competitiveness.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/10/uk-trade-with-eu-falls-as-brexit-and-covid-drive-down-exports

Brexit: Paypal introduces new fees between UK and EU

PayPal is increasing fees that will affect business with the EU – British companies will be charged a 1.29 per cent fee for payments from the European Economic Area (EEA) and vice versa. Most businesses currently pay a 0.5 per cent fee for similar charges, a figure that has remain unchanged since before the UK left the EU customs union and single market.PayPal said it is incurring extra costs such as the rising interchange fees between the UK and EEA as European rules capping debit and credit card interchange fees at 0.3 per cent and 0.2 per cent, respectively, no longer apply to UK businesses.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brexit-paypal-introduces-new-fees-between-uk-and-eu/ar-AAOgNFm?ocid=mailsignout

‘I will never go back’: Eastern European truckers not returning to UK after Brexit

Logistics UK, the trade body for hauliers, said Britain had a chronic driver shortage for many years, but the problem was now acute. Industry leaders have called on the government to add heavy goods vehicle drivers to its shortage occupation list, which would give foreign hauliers an exemption from post-Brexit immigration rules that bar them from being hired. Add to that Brexit. For truckers, that meant endless paperwork, including customs procedures they were never trained for and queues at the border. Other issues included the need to take UK driving exams that many truckers did not have the language skills for, along with a more hostile attitude to foreigners in Britain.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/i-will-never-go-back-eastern-european-truckers-not-returning-to-uk-after-brexit-1.4670455

UK to delay imminent new Brexit border checks on food amid shortages

The UK will delay checks on some EU imports while it seeks a solution on trade of foodstuffs with Northern Ireland, according to officials and a new piece of legislation.The official government line is that businesses should still prepare for an October deadline, but the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) confirmed on Thursday that there will be a further delay to checks on chilled meats. This latest delay would be the UK government’s third, after the original plan was for checks to imposed in January 2021.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-border-checks-eu-shortages-b1917250.html

Telecoms firm Three to bring back European roaming charges in post-Brexit blow

Three has become the latest U.K. mobile network to reintroduce roaming fees for Britons traveling to the EU, breaking its promise not to reinstate charges after Brexit.The company will charge a flat £2 daily fee when roaming within the EU, with the exemption of Ireland and the Isle of Man. The changes will apply to customers who are new or upgrading from October 1, but will not come into effect until May 23, 2022. Countries outside the EU where free roaming was allowed with Three will now incur a £5 daily fee. The EU banned roaming fees across its territory in June 2017, but the EU-U.K. Trade and Cooperation Agreement failed to include a guarantee on free roaming after Brexit.

https://www.politico.eu/article/three-to-bring-back-european-roaming-charges-in-post-brexit-blow-to-consumers/

Brexit deadlines: reality will not be deferred

In Brexit negotiations, no deadline is final. Reliably, it is the UK that needs an extension. Just as consistently, the reason is failure to understand the implications of something that had been agreed before the last deadline. But the problem is not just technical. It is also theological. For example, the simplest solution in one of the most awkward areas – veterinary checks on agricultural produce – involves alignment of UK and Brussels standards. But that would be a dilution of regulatory sovereignty, so unacceptable to the high priests of Brexit.
A picture is emerging of Britain as a lonely country, desperate for Brexit validation from non-European countries and unwilling to accept that repairing relations with Europe is the urgent priority. It might take a few more postponed deadlines before that reality is brought home. Mr Johnson may wish to pause his treaty obligations indefinitely, but the wider problems with Brexit come down to facts of geography and economics, which cannot be unilaterally suspended

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/08/the-guardian-view-on-brexit-deadlines-reality-will-not-be-deferred

HGV driver shortage: The Government can’t fix the lorry crisis until it admits it was caused by Brexit

Nearly every day there’s another shortage: milkshakes in McDonald’s, chicken in Nando’s, blood test-tubes in the NHS, treatment chemicals in the sewage system – all, according to businesses, the result of a lack of heavy good vehicle (HGV) drivers to deliver products. And yet the Government seems curiously unwilling to tackle the issue. The reason is predictable and depressing: the B-word. They know that Brexit lies at the heart of what is happening and that what’s happening must therefore be ignored.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/hgv-driver-shortage-uk-government-fix-lorry-crisis-caused-brexit-1191706

The sweet taste of Victory :dunce:

Still. it could be worse. Imagine what might have happened if you hadn't understood exactly what you were voting for :shootself

I think today of all days would be a good day to suspend this pointless dialogue, at least for 24 hours, I’m sure you agree?

Peace to you brother.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think today of all days would be a good day to suspend this pointless dialogue, at least for 24 hours, I’m sure you agree?

Peace to you brother.

You could certainly put your fingers in your ears, shout 'Project Fear' and ignore what's happening. That's worked a treat up until now :wink:

Enjoy your day and here's to 3 points:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here