Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t think of one benefit, yet.

The pandemic has simultaneously brought chaos eg incredibly long wait for goods ordered, made in China. Which would no doubt have been made in China even if we were in the EU, so it’s hard to gauge. I’ll therefore ignore the propaganda from biased party political obsessives, about that issue.

Travelling/holidays will be more of a pain.

My son’s dream of 4 months working a season in The Alps will never happen, due to the EU’s 90 day rule.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You’ve only got another 40 or so years to wait....although there probably won’t be an EU to join by then [emoji23]

Why do we have to wait 40 years? Just because the Leave camp were so useless at organising themselves it eventually needed a Remainer to do it for them don't assume the rejoiners are as incompetent.

As for the "there won't be an EU by then" bit, if I had a Euro for every time a Brexiter has predicted the demise of the EU I'd have enough to set up a new bank in Frankfurt and take away some more UK jobs and tax intake.

Jan 30, 2008
I can’t think of one benefit, yet.

The pandemic has simultaneously brought chaos eg incredibly long wait for goods ordered, made in China. Thats better than a Which would no doubt have been made in China even if we were in the EU, so it’s hard to gauge. I’ll therefore ignore the propaganda from biased party political obsessives, about that issue.

Travelling/holidays will be more of a pain.

My son’s dream of 4 months working a season in The Alps will never happen, due to the EU’s 90 day rule.

No pleasing some people eh
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
You're right. It's hilarious.

People keep asking what the tangible benefits of Brexit are.

No one has an answer and then someone else asks the same question.

I don't need people of you ilk asking me to justyfy anything about leaving the EU it's what I voted for and I'm completely happy with the outcome I'm even more impressed with my BLUE BRITISH PASSPORT , hope to be using it sooner rather then later ,so toodle off there's a good chap

Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I don't need people of you ilk asking me to justyfy anything about leaving the EU it's what I voted for and I'm completely happy with the outcome I'm even more impressed with my BLUE BRITISH PASSPORT , hope to be using it sooner rather then later ,so toodle off there's a good chap

Regards
DF

Thank you Drugged Fellow.

You add so much to the hilarity; but why not use spellcheck for the words like 'justify' that you are challenged by?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I got my Irish passport. Nice neat,l credit card style that fits in the wallet. None of the One Britain propaganda that filled the U.K. passport I got 18 months ago. And at 35 euro for 5 years it’s an absolute bargain considering it allows me to travel across the EU without question or impediment. So I guess that’s a bonus. If you consider spending out to be in exactly the same position I was in last year a bonus.
Other than that, as this thread has proved, not one benefit to be seen. Just a series of **** ups ranging from mildy inconvenient to business ending for some.
It’s the single most ridiculous act of self sabotage the U.K. has committed in centuries.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I got my Irish passport. Nice neat,l credit card style that fits in the wallet. None of the One Britain propaganda that filled the U.K. passport I got 18 months ago. And at 35 euro for 5 years it’s an absolute bargain considering it allows me to travel across the EU without question or impediment. So I guess that’s a bonus. If you consider spending out to be in exactly the same position I was in last year a bonus.
Other than that, as this thread has proved, not one benefit to be seen. Just a series of **** ups ranging from mildy inconvenient to business ending for some.
It’s the single most ridiculous act of self sabotage the U.K. has committed in centuries.

[emoji23][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
[emoji23][emoji1303]

Just as you had to rely on a remainer to actually leave the EU, you have had to rely on a remainer to provide one tiny bonus of leaving the EU. None of you have managed to come up with any. Oh well. I guess we’ll sit tight for the 40 years.
If you want me, I’ll be over here on the edge of my seat.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Just as you had to rely on a remainer to actually leave the EU, you have had to rely on a remainer to provide one tiny bonus of leaving the EU. None of you have managed to come up with any. Oh well. I guess we’ll sit tight for the 40 years.
If you want me, I’ll be over here on the edge of my seat.

Cheer up O’Nibble...soon be Christmas [emoji23][emoji1303]

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Fully expected, it was only on the authority of the EU that it stopped in the first place. The rest of the phone companies will probably follow quite quickly now.

Yup, EE announce plans to introduce roaming fee's also now, as you say charges will probably now be introduced across the board for Brits. Easily got out of though, either leave your phone at home or stay home instead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yup, EE announce plans to introduce roaming fee's also now, as you say charges will probably now be introduced across the board for Brits. Easily got out of though, either leave your phone at home or stay home instead.

Yep, that's pretty much Brexit in a nutshell, easier to stay home rather than get medical insurance, a pet passport, a visa, a green card for car insurance, an international driving licence and be subject to HM Customs on the way back with your holiday purchases !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here