Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You asked chum.

Still, shhhhh, Popmaster is on.

27. And 21. And three in 10.

Get in!

Btw. 80% of our biggest financial services customers in London have left for European markets with a direct result in 500 people who serviced their accounts losing their jobs.

Still these highly qualified IT and finance experts can go and pick cherries. Win win for brexit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Living in the UK or not, it makes no sense to try to make a real assessment of the consequences of leaving the EU until the world reaches some kind of state of normality.

I can see the effect on EU friends married to British people, here in Brighton. That’s nothing to do with Covid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't give a toss what JRM has said plum voiced idiot. It was my choice. Do you still not accept the democratic vote ?

No, I don’t accept illegally acted referendums which have been proved, in the High Court, and admitted by Theresa May’s QC to be so.
This Government is refusing to release the Russia report, trying to close down the Electoral Commission, and acting illegally in immigration issues.
I’ll keep fighting it until I leave this life.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And me, let them have another vote then if they so wish. The new generation decides

Why wait? Why not have another one next year? After all, the number of people who didn't get a say but are now entitled to a vote is going up with each passing day.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

D

Deleted member 22389

I can see the effect on EU friends married to British people, here in Brighton. That’s nothing to do with Covid.

What effect is that then? Are you talking about settled status, because they should have done this months ago. I did my mums long before covid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What effect is that then? Are you talking about settled status, because they should have done this months ago. I did my mums long before covid.

I will answer you when you tell me where your ‘friend’ worked in December 2019. Shop floor or office?

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why wait? Why not have another one next year? After all, the number of people who didn't get a say but are now entitled to a vote is going up with each passing day.

Don't forget the millions who couldn't be bothered. Maybe if Labour ever pull themselves together it might happen but it could be a few years away. But to win they would need to get back the red wall so would be an instant vote loser

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even more reason to drink up this rich and fruitful transition period, living each day like it's our last.

Nectar.........

Has to be better and healthier than moaning and groaning like some seem to do.

Sounds better than some of the people on here spending every waking hour furiously posting 'funny' one lineers and memes on various threads but never actually contributing nothing of any substance ever.

Your idea sounds much better than that (or getting a job) :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can you also list all the scare stories from the remain campaign which probably turned the vote in leaves favour after all how many % points were they ahead even upto the last day

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seeing as you mention it, let's use this opportunity to remind ourselves of exactly what the Leave campaign promised us, shall we? For those interested, here is the link to their official leaflet;

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...inal/1463496002/Why_Vote_Leave.pdf?1463496002
Looking forward to this bit :

"• There is a free trade zone from Iceland to Turkey and the Russian border and we will be part of it".

It's being announced in the next few days I assume ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No, I don’t accept illegally acted referendums which have been proved, in the High Court, and admitted by Theresa May’s QC to be so.
This Government is refusing to release the Russia report, trying to close down the Electoral Commission, and acting illegally in immigration issues.
I’ll keep fighting it until I leave this life.

Hopefully a long life and fight. Nothing will change

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you name the issue, we can debate whether it is down to Brexit or not.

Don't forget the voters were promised 'sunny uplands' for voting out, presumably in our lifetimes
The "Sunny Uplands" are EEA membership.

Surely coming shortly.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can you also list all the scare stories from the remain campaign which probably turned the vote in leaves favour after all how many % points were they ahead even upto the last day

There will be a border in the Irish sea, which Britain will propose, negotiate, sign off and then prove incapable of implementing, breaking international law in the process
There will be no deal for services, the largest part of the UK economy
We will be unable to implement any border controls despite having two years 'transition'
Exports will be cut by c40% (some foostuffs by over 90%)
The fishing industry will be annihilated
We will have to throw farming and agriculture under the bus to get any new trade deal

Which one would you like to start with, winner ?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to this bit :

"• There is a free trade zone from Iceland to Turkey and the Russian border and we will be part of it".

It's being announced in the next few days I assume ?

Probably being delayed pending the announcement of Turkey joining the EU.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So has anything really got better "because" of Brexit for you? (please no in spite of examples).

Kindly keep all observations of what's more broadly happening in Brexit Britain on the Brexit thread please....

The Brexit Vote was 5 years ago, I’m not sure that Brexit was 5 years ago, closer to 5 months more like [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here