Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Indeed, no mention of Brexit whatsoever.

I wonder what sort of person wouldn't be aware that Amazon continues to undercut and drive out other long standing British businesses whilst (from the article) 'it has been the subject of criticism over its working practices and tax affairs.' :dunce:

Race to the bottom, but It's hardly surprising to see Kwasi ('British workers are among the worst idlers in the world') Kwarteng is pleased :facepalm:

I would cast doubt on whether he even read what he posted, Brexiters rarely look beyond the headline or delve in to the detail. Doff cap....

it does appear to suggest we are on track to morph into the mini America the Tories so desire, where we subsidie the worlds biggest billioinaire with our tax money in return for keeping the would be unemployed in slave like working conditions and zero hour contracts.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For some of our 'more challenged' friends on here, here's an example of to how to post actual BREXIT news. If you're still struggling with this and need something simpler, having the word BREXIT somewhere in the story actually helps :wink:

Supermarkets face post-Brexit fruit and veg scarcity thanks to shortage of skilled pickers

Supermarkets face a devastating fruit and veg shortage while crops rot in fields this summer because of government delays in allowing foreign pickers into Britain. It means delicious foods like strawberries, blueberries, peas and lettuce look likely to decay in fields while shops lack enough stock for customers.

The government has only announced two of four operators for its Seasonal Workers Pilot last week, which was supposed to find the necessary migrant labour to harvest crops.With the peak of the harvesting season a matter of weeks away, furious MPs have slammed ministers for dragging their feet.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/supermarkets-face-post-brexit-fruit-24118354

What with this, the Northern Ireland protocol, the fishing industry, the entertainment industry, the dairy industry, the financial services industry, the complete lack of import controls etc etc etc, could you imagine what it would be like had Johnson not managed to 'Get Brexit Done' :facepalm:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All the talk of a Brexit recession and 500,000 job losses seem a distant memory now, sadly many were hoodwinked by the Project Fear fibbers though. I am sure people complaining about Amazon never use that service ... no sireee [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

In fact I often wonder what sort of person spends hours of their day arguing with people who have Zero interest in what they have to say, some have even joined a football forum and don’t even support the team just to argue with people who don’t care about that message they are trying to spread.

Quite weird really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Amazon creates jobs to deal with the British market, due to more and more people using shopping online. If this is a Brexit dividend, it's moronic. If it's not a Brexit dividend, what's the point in posting it?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Amazon creates jobs to deal with the British market, due to more and more people using shopping online. If this is a Brexit dividend, it's moronic. If it's not a Brexit dividend, what's the point in posting it?
See below
All the talk of a Brexit recession and 500,000 job losses seem a distant memory now, sadly many were hoodwinked by the Project Fear fibbers though. I am sure people complaining about Amazon never use that service ... no sireee [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

In fact I often wonder what sort of person spends hours of their day arguing with people who have Zero interest in what they have to say, some have even joined a football forum and don’t even support the team just to argue with people who don’t care about that message they are trying to spread.

Quite weird really.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Quite weird really.

Straight back from your ban, into the Bear Pit, doing what you complain about.

That's beyond "Quite weird really".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Straight back from your ban, into the Bear Pit, doing what you complain about.

That's beyond "Quite weird really".

Banned a second time in a few months? Jesus. But calling people pricks and weirdos it’s hardly surprising.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Quite weird really.

I wonder which poster, has today spent more than twice as long, making twice as many posts on this thread as any other poster :lolol:

irony
[ˈʌɪrəni]

NOUN
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder which poster, has today spent more than twice as long, making twice as many posts on this thread as any other poster :lolol:

irony
[ˈʌɪrəni]

NOUN
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Same poster who, a few weeks ago, made over 20 posts in a morning on a thread he claimed he wasn’t interested in, then said “he’d leave it here” only to return an hour later with another slew of posts?

Anyway, I will leave it here, it’s time for me to go the cafe for my afternoon coffee and cookie.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

irony
[ˈʌɪrəni]

NOUN

I’ll be careful with my response as you got your big brother to deal with me last week…

c95690a020e977e7dafdded2bcd3c816.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Same poster who, a few weeks ago, made over 20 posts in a morning on a thread he claimed he wasn’t interested in, then said “he’d leave it here” only to return an hour later with another slew of posts?

Anyway, I will leave it here, it’s time for me to go the cafe for my afternoon coffee and cookie.

Slither off then you snake.

Edit And it was you who said you largely ignore me. Grow some balls and ignore me!

Reptiles carry their testes inside their lower abdominal cavities, often directly attached to the kidneys. [emoji2370]

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here