[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Amazon, Google, Facebook, Ebay they are all going to close down for 10 years.

Or take, take, take from the public purse because an isolated UK will not be in any position to do anything about it. Stronger in!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Obama just came to the UK because he wants to help promote TTIP, that's why it was never mentioned in any speech and want's us to stay in the EU. Can you not see it? If this is so good then we wouldn't have people on the streets in Germany protesting about it would we?

You know deep down it is wrong and I'm dissapointed that a lot of the Remainers, who are probably the first to talk about democracy are hanging on to what everything Cameron and Obama says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36120560

You make it sound like TTIP is not an agreement between two trading partners but something being imposed on the EU by the US. I'm sure there are things about the agreement that the man on the street isn't comfortable with but I wonder whether the corporate world is that fearful?

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
Your naivety is reflected by so many that believe the Brexit hype.

I do not trust any secretive anti democratic agency. I couldn't be further from naive.

People that wish to remain under the control of the unknown persons that control the EU are the epitome of Naive imbeciles.

Considering the revenge plans that have been drawn up its clear that the EU is a very horrific institution, it poses a bigger threat to the uk than Saddam Husain ever did.

No matter how many PIG or Italian economies are on the brink of collapse.l.

No economy is on the brink of collapse, it's their debtors that put the noose are the nations neck.

They did it with Argentina they won, they tried it in Iceland and ended up in prison.

Greece made a lot of people wealthy in real assets while the Greeks lost everything luckily the UK was not liable for any debt but if the idiots get their way looking at plans already drawn up the uk will be liable for the next lot

The Eurozone carries on and is still somewhere where a huge amount of trade is successfully amassed in billions

If we leave the EUSSR they have stated among retributions to house UK prisoners in turkey in exchange for refugees, to make it extremely difficult for UK citizens to work and live within the system, they will try their best to put the fear into other nations who's people have recognised it as a democracy killer.

Crossing your fingers that one day it will collapse, to prove yourself you voted the right way, will be a long drawn out affair.

You can put your faith in a corrupt UK parliament riddled with paedophiles with its funding, training and arming of jihadis its toppling of elected foreign leaders commuting the most twisted of acts with its blessing in the last ten years alone

I'd rather just read the writing on the wall son.

You can lie to me all you want, but don't lie to yourself.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Does it really prove what you claim?

EU trade with China was €130b in 2004 and had risen to €302b by 2014. So trade with China grew more than double with EU!!!

That having the freedom to forge a trade deal between the second and fifth biggest economies in the world would strengthen our economy? Absolutely!!!

Yes China is expanding rapidly increasing trade with all parts of the world even with the struggling EU. How much more it could have grown if they had negotiated a trade deal. It is amusing that the centralising bureaucratic Communist regime is more interested in forging a new trade deal than the centralising bureaucratic EU.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I accept that this is a decision more on emotion than reason. The "facts" of the Govt dossier may be compelling if one believes them.. How many dodgy forecasts have we seen before.?
Obama's unwanted and rather rude comments make us more determined to vote leave. We don't like being dictated to.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does it really prove what you claim?

EU trade with China was €130b in 2004 and had risen to €302b by 2014. So trade with China grew more than double with EU!!!

seriously what is it that people arent getting here? the claim is whether or not there is a trade agreement between the EU and China - there isn't. so the trade grew despite there being no trade agreement. you dont need a trade agreement to trade!!1!eleven!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That having the freedom to forge a trade deal between the second and fifth biggest economies in the world would strengthen our economy? Absolutely!!!

Yes China is expanding rapidly increasing trade with all parts of the world even with the struggling EU. How much more it could have grown if they had negotiated a trade deal. It is amusing that the centralising bureaucratic Communist regime is more interested in forging a new trade deal than the centralising bureaucratic EU.

Isn't the problem though that there isn't a level playing field between manufacturers in China and those in Europe? One of the comments in the piece you posted referred to delays because China insisted on being declared a market economy system. Could that be that they aren't in fact a market economy system in the first place. Take steel, suggestions that the industry over there is heavily subsidized which has contributed to the demise of Tata in this country. I might be mistaken but I thought part of the philosphy of the EU is that there isn't unfair state subsidies?

Are Brexit just looking to sign a quick deal with China that could actually be to the detriment of our own manufacturers?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do not trust any secretive anti democratic agency. I couldn't be further from naive.

People that wish to remain under the control of the unknown persons that control the EU are the epitome of Naive imbeciles.

Considering the revenge plans that have been drawn up its clear that the EU is a very horrific institution, it poses a bigger threat to the uk than Saddam Husain ever did.

No economy is on the brink of collapse, it's their debtors that put the noose are the nations neck.

They did it with Argentina they won, they tried it in Iceland and ended up in prison.

Greece made a lot of people wealthy in real assets while the Greeks lost everything luckily the UK was not liable for any debt but if the idiots get their way looking at plans already drawn up the uk will be liable for the next lot

If we leave the EUSSR they have stated among retributions to house UK prisoners in turkey in exchange for refugees, to make it extremely difficult for UK citizens to work and live within the system, they will try their best to put the fear into other nations who's people have recognised it as a democracy killer.

You can put your faith in a corrupt UK parliament riddled with paedophiles with its funding, training and arming of jihadis its toppling of elected foreign leaders commuting the most twisted of acts with its blessing in the last ten years alone

I'd rather just read the writing on the wall son.

You can lie to me all you want, but don't lie to yourself.

I was going to comment on some of your points but in the end would just suggest you make a suitable purchase

Attachments

• non_stick_foil.jpg
    non_stick_foil.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 130

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Isn't the problem though that there isn't a level playing field between manufacturers in China and those in Europe? One of the comments in the piece you posted referred to delays because China insisted on being declared a market economy system. Could that be that they aren't in fact a market economy system in the first place. Take steel, suggestions that the industry over there is heavily subsidized which has contributed to the demise of Tata in this country. I might be mistaken but I thought part of the philosphy of the EU is that there isn't unfair state subsidies?

Are Brexit just looking to sign a quick deal with China that could actually be to the detriment of our own manufacturers?

Another point is that a billateral deal with China hands all the power over to the larger economy. The China- Swiss deal went something like this.

China: "here are our terms".
Switzerland: "Yes sir."

When the EU negotiates a deal they do so as equal partners who can look each other in the eye. This allows not just a trade deal, but to open up the Chinese economy. If you think they are being unfair you have the strength to argue your position. The UK would meekly have to take what is offered, the EU can demand concessions and terms- about steel or whatever else.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
seriously what is it that people arent getting here? the claim is whether or not there is a trade agreement between the EU and China - there isn't. so the trade grew despite there being no trade agreement. you dont need a trade agreement to trade!!1!eleven!

Firstly, a point was made suggesting that Switzerland's trade grew because they were outside the EU.

Secondly, isn't a trade agreement about setting some rules to encourage fair trade between to areas. Nobody is saying you can't trade with another country without an official agreement. Surely the situation with steel emphasizes why, in some industries, it is important to a fair framework.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Another point is that a billateral deal with China hands all the power over to the larger economy. The China- Swiss deal went something like this.

When the EU negotiates a deal they do so as equal partners who can look each other in the eye. This allows not just a trade deal, but to open up the Chinese economy. If you think they are being unfair you have the strength to argue your position. The UK would meekly have to take what is offered, the EU can demand concessions and terms- about steel or whatever else.

The Swiss don't do bad at all....or am i wrong

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Any apparent problems relating to classification haven't stopped Switzerland, New Zealand and other countries from successfully negotiating mutually beneficial trade deals with China. I am surprised that those who favour Remain and bang on about economic consequences are so partisan that they seek to suggest freedom to trade with the worlds biggest and fastest growing economies is a potential negative.

Good grief has gregfrombrighton hijacked your account?

http://capx.co/can-britain-seal-decent-trade-deals-if-it-left-the-eu/

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Any apparent problems relating to classification haven't stopped Switzerland, New Zealand and other countries from successfully negotiating mutually beneficial trade deals with China. I am surprised that those who favour Remain and bang on about economic consequences are so partisan that they seek to suggest freedom to trade with the worlds biggest and fastest growing economies is a potential negative.

Good grief has gregfrombrighton hijacked your account?

http://capx.co/can-britain-seal-decent-trade-deals-if-it-left-the-eu/

There are arguments then there are blunt insults! :p

Will read the link (and then disagree with it here).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You make it sound like TTIP is not an agreement between two trading partners but something being imposed on the EU by the US. I'm sure there are things about the agreement that the man on the street isn't comfortable with but I wonder whether the corporate world is that fearful?

So long as the corporate world is not fearful, that's fine. The man on the street can go and do one.

The EU (and the remain campaign) in a nutshell....................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports