Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, in the spirit of moving forwards together, which Brexit issues were our Brexit supporting friends debating after I went out yesterday ?

The NI Protocol
Fishing Industry
Exports
Implementation of Import Controls
The Financial Services Industry ?

Or another 40 posts of
There is a limit to how much anger and idiocy I can take on a Sunday afternoon. Come on you Arsenal :bigwave:
Well who'd have guessed :lolol:

0_THP_DELIVEROO_EASTER_2021_23_MEG_.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And back on topic
I see Johnson's love of a vanity project continues unabated. We now have the UK Bypass :shootself

Irish trucking firms are taking the pricier route around the UK to avoid Brexit red tape

As the EU adjusts to its new relationship with the U.K. after Brexit, fewer freight trucks are making the trek across the Irish Sea. For decades, the route through the U.K. (called a land bridge that takes approximately 15 hours) has been a vital and reliable artery for getting goods from Ireland to mainland Europe.

In the first week of January, operators like Stena Line, Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries have added extra routes from Ireland to French ports like Dunkirk, Cherbourg and Saint-Malo as well as Bilbao in Spain. Three months into Brexit, port authorities, haulers and ferry operators are coming to grips with this new normal in Irish-European trade.

Glenn Carr, the general manager of Rosslare Europort, told CNBC that demand at the port has surged, but U.K. freight traffic is down about 43%. “It’s still very concerning, that level of drop on the U.K. But overall freight through Rosslare Europort, combined U.K. and Europe, is up 51% for the first two months of the year. That type of growth has never been seen in Rosslare,” Carr said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/irish-trucks-taking-route-around-the-uk-to-avoid-brexit-red-tape.html

Yet another set of British Industries and jobs sacrificed on the alter of Brexit, but we knew what we were voting for, didn't we :dunce:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So, in the spirit of moving forwards together, which Brexit issues were our Brexit supporting friends debating after I went out yesterday ?

The NI Protocol
Fishing Industry
Exports
Implementation of Import Controls
The Financial Services Industry ?

Or another 40 posts of

Well who'd have guessed :lolol:

View attachment 135946

This should explain everything

[tweet]1380122719350628353[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And back on topic
I see Johnson's love of a vanity project continues unabated. We now have the UK Bypass :shootself

Irish trucking firms are taking the pricier route around the UK to avoid Brexit red tape

As the EU adjusts to its new relationship with the U.K. after Brexit, fewer freight trucks are making the trek across the Irish Sea. For decades, the route through the U.K. (called a land bridge that takes approximately 15 hours) has been a vital and reliable artery for getting goods from Ireland to mainland Europe.

In the first week of January, operators like Stena Line, Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries have added extra routes from Ireland to French ports like Dunkirk, Cherbourg and Saint-Malo as well as Bilbao in Spain. Three months into Brexit, port authorities, haulers and ferry operators are coming to grips with this new normal in Irish-European trade.

Glenn Carr, the general manager of Rosslare Europort, told CNBC that demand at the port has surged, but U.K. freight traffic is down about 43%. “It’s still very concerning, that level of drop on the U.K. But overall freight through Rosslare Europort, combined U.K. and Europe, is up 51% for the first two months of the year. That type of growth has never been seen in Rosslare,” Carr said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/irish-trucks-taking-route-around-the-uk-to-avoid-brexit-red-tape.html

Yet another set of British Industries and jobs sacrificed on the alter of Brexit, but we knew what we were voting for, didn't we :dunce:

Only a matter of time before NI starts realising its a lot easier to trade with ROI than the UK.

The Irish are incurring more costs trading with the largest trading block in the world but they have certainty, they've been forced to take back control as we've lost the plot

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A right motley crew at the top of the moderators decision page at the moment :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A right motley crew at the top of the moderators decision page at the moment :lolol:

Yeah bunch of snowflakes supping on their lattes eating avocado on sourdough, we need more racism and bigotry on this board. A place for everyone...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Can you please point me to the moderating rules sticky covering the whole forum? I seem to have mislaid it. Could you further please explain to me how you know what action moderators have taken in all cases on the board, and close off by reminding me when you reported the posts you speak of? Ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would I need to do that? I said rules applying equally to all, there are specific Rules covering this sub forum ...

While relative calm has descended can I please remind people of the sticky on this sub-forum. Partiicularly

From now on, every time someone is abusive or resorts to name-calling, an infraction (warning) will be given. Multiple infractions automatically become bans - initially temporary and short but, ultimately. permanent.

That is now extended to derailing and continuing off-topic personal battles.

We've had enough.

Last night you were active on this thread when Watford zero posted about the multi-account fibs continuing off-topic personal battles yet again after being warned by you and one other moderator previously. I even gave you a subtle hint in case you miraculously missed it ...

Stop complaining and have a go at doing your job. Why is Watford zero still active on this thread when he has ignored two specific warnings from two modertors (including you) but still gets away with posting exactly the same sh*t?

I also missed the bit on the sticky where it says the moderating team haven't really had enough after all and will only moderate threads if you report a specific post and develop an Arsene Wenger like ability to miss blatant fouls if committed by your team/mate ... :p

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why would I need to do that? I said rules applying equally to all, there are specific Rules covering this sub forum ...

Last night you were active on this thread when Watford zero posted about the multi-account fibs continuing off-topic personal battles yet again after being warned by you and one other moderator previously. I even gave you a subtle hint in case you miraculously missed it ...

I also missed the bit on the sticky where it says the moderating team haven't really had enough after all and will only moderate threads if you report a specific post and develop an Arsene Wenger like ability to miss blatant fouls if committed by your team/mate ... :p

So that's a no.

There's a report button for a reason. Being "active on a thread" means absolutely nothing. For example, I'm replying now because you quoted me. Yesterday I was in my London office for work for a day, which was nice, and didn't look at NSC after my morning train ride. If you think I'm going to read all the drivel that's been posted on here and the rest of the pit between then and now, as a side activity to replying to yet more of your tantrums, you're very much mistaken.

Furthermore it goes to ALL mods who can all read and judge it if you report it, seeing as you seem to think there is bias. However, I would caution you on two things. Firstly, over reporting can also lead to action as two posters (not involved here) have found in the past. Secondly, I would expect posts to be reported and dealt with by people who are being ganged up on and called a c u next Tuesday (even in slang, even in a sly and snide manner rather than directly to them).

As I've said before, if you don't like it, please feel free to leave. No one will miss you.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And back on topic, (not that anybody was intentionally trying to take the BREXIT thread off topic)

Brexit to hit supplies of cancer, epilepsy and diabetes medicines to Northern Ireland, government warned

Brexit will prevent vital medicines to treat cancer, epilepsy and diabetes from reaching Northern Ireland, drug experts are warning. Firms making non-branded drugs are already starting to withdraw them because of costly new red tape, ministers are being told – threatening to cut the treatments available. The British Generic Manufacturers Association said planned new products being pulled before the rule changes come in next January included “treatments for epilepsy diabetes, and cancer”.

“We need an urgent solution today,” said Mark Samuels, the trade body’s chief executive, adding: “If we don’t have a solution immediately, they will feel it in January.” The threat has blown up because, at the end of a 12-month ‘grace period’, medicines made in Great Britain will require separate licences for use in Northern Ireland, as well as different safety inspections and other checks.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-to-hit-supplies-of-cancer-epilepsy-and-diabetes-medicines-to-northern-ireland-government-warned/ar-BB1fOIlD

Thrown under a bus doesn't even start to sum it up. How angry must you be if you were a Unionist who knowingly voted for this ???

Jan 30, 2008
So that's a no.

There's a report button for a reason. Being "active on a thread" means absolutely nothing. For example, I'm replying now because you quoted me. Yesterday I was in my London office for work for a day, which was nice, and didn't look at NSC after my morning train ride. If you think I'm going to read all the drivel that's been posted on here and the rest of the pit between then and now, as a side activity to replying to yet more of your tantrums, you're very much mistaken.

Furthermore it goes to ALL mods who can all read and judge it if you report it, seeing as you seem to think there is bias. However, I would caution you on two things. Firstly, over reporting can also lead to action as two posters (not involved here) have found in the past. Secondly, I would expect posts to be reported and dealt with by people who are being ganged up on and called a c u next Tuesday (even in slang, even in a sly and snide manner rather than directly to them).

As I've said before, if you don't like it, please feel free to leave. No one will miss you.

How to make friends and influence people
:facepalm:
Regards
DF

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And back on topic, (not that anybody was intentionally trying to take the BREXIT thread off topic)

Brexit to hit supplies of cancer, epilepsy and diabetes medicines to Northern Ireland, government warned

Brexit will prevent vital medicines to treat cancer, epilepsy and diabetes from reaching Northern Ireland, drug experts are warning. Firms making non-branded drugs are already starting to withdraw them because of costly new red tape, ministers are being told – threatening to cut the treatments available. The British Generic Manufacturers Association said planned new products being pulled before the rule changes come in next January included “treatments for epilepsy diabetes, and cancer”.

“We need an urgent solution today,” said Mark Samuels, the trade body’s chief executive, adding: “If we don’t have a solution immediately, they will feel it in January.” The threat has blown up because, at the end of a 12-month ‘grace period’, medicines made in Great Britain will require separate licences for use in Northern Ireland, as well as different safety inspections and other checks.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-to-hit-supplies-of-cancer-epilepsy-and-diabetes-medicines-to-northern-ireland-government-warned/ar-BB1fOIlD

Thrown under a bus doesn't even start to sum it up. How angry must you be if you were a Unionist who knowingly voted for this ???

I saw this. It's funny isn't it that if someone had anticipated this and posted it any time up until this year, there would have been howls of abuse about 'project fear'. Now it's a fact, it seems that there's just a reflexive shrug of the shoulders and an acceptance that 'well, that's Brexit'.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So that's a no.

Fact check........

Wrong, I’d miss him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here