Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s pathetic isn’t it, even the more intelligent pro EU types on here will laugh quietly at the comment about the euro [emoji23][emoji23][emoji2357]
To be honest I only came back to this thread when an EXTREMELY impressive mod merged it with the ‘Break up the UK ‘ thread.. it has been joyful entertainment ever since, some of the bed wetting has been hilarious, genuinely believe some of the desperadoes need psychiatric help.
[emoji636]

So what do a couple of ex-servicemen like yourselves think we should do about the escalating violence in Northern Ireland that has occurred as a result of your vote for a border in the Irish Sea. Because it's not going to go away and given the tragic recent history of the military in NI, I would have thought this would probably take priority in your thinking over silly one liners and funny emojis ?

You could ignore it of course, but surely nobody with any pride would do that.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s pathetic isn’t it, even the more intelligent pro EU types on here will laugh quietly at the comment about the euro [emoji23][emoji23][emoji2357]

The euro was 1.24 in June 2016, and 1.16 today, so the pound has suffered not the other way round.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Only if you take full responsibility for the Johnson government failure on everything else.
You could always ask the people who voted Tory, why ask me?..
With your openly racist attitude towards my skin colour,I’m not sure I want thanks from a hysterical woopsy like yourself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you posted in the right place mate, but it is opinion, not news, and it is in a publication that has a readership desperate to find fault with the EU and any benefit to having left.
Personally, I think the Euro will be fine, and we will be using it here eventually.

The sad thing is, Britain had an exemption for joining the euro, but when we eventually rejoin, using the euro will be part of the deal.
Lies have sold this country down the river. The USA won't do a deal whilst NI is in turmoil.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I put my x in the box marked’Leave the European Union’
Jabs in arms, saving lives [emoji636]
Thanks accepted.

As already stated, an action which was wholly irrelevant. You might as well claim that you drinking a glass of water the Christmas before last led to Warwick winning University Challenge this week.

If you want thanking for something then do something worthwhile first.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The sad thing is, Britain had an exemption for joining the euro, but when we eventually rejoin, using the euro will be part of the deal.
Lies have sold this country down the river. The USA won't do a deal whilst NI is in turmoil.

We had Germany + + + the best deal in Europe, we blew it. Personally I'm not convinced joining the Euro would have made much difference

As for Ireland, its clear already the US aren't impressed, the penny hasn't dropped with Johnson that Biden has Irish roots

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thousands of immigrants, who have been working illegally cash-in-hand, not paying tax, now coming over here to get Benefits, and there's nothing we can do about it. Disgusting

British expats flee Spain to avoid deportation as post-Brexit rules turn them into illegal immigrants

Thousands of undocumented British expats in Spain are heading back to the UK as they fear being fined or deported as a result of post-Brexit immigration rules in the southern European country. Welshman Anthony Cook was in a similar position, as he told Global 24/7 News that his Spanish dream is over. “It is time to go back to Cardiff, it’s been a blast but the new regulations have made it impossible to stay, I don’t have enough credentials to become a resident,” he explained.

“It was so easy before, get your funds in from the UK, do a bit of cash in hand around the likes of Benidorm and bob was your uncle, but that’s all changed now.” “Hey, don’t be fooled, thousands of Brits in some guise or other have been doing the same thing, especially in the entertainment industry,” Cook said.

https://www.cityam.com/british-expats-flee-spain-to-avoid-deportation-as-post-brexit-rules-turn-them-into-illegal-immigrants/

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against deported ex-pats… but you don’t want them moving in next door to you, do you :wink:

This tweet has aged well :dunce:
leave.jpg

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sorry Kate, but if you sleep with dogs you will catch fleas...

Brexit before

Capture.PNG

Brexit after

capture1.PNG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thousands of immigrants, who have been working illegally cash-in-hand, not paying tax, now coming over here to get Benefits, and there's nothing we can do about it. Disgusting

British expats flee Spain to avoid deportation as post-Brexit rules turn them into illegal immigrants

Thousands of undocumented British expats in Spain are heading back to the UK as they fear being fined or deported as a result of post-Brexit immigration rules in the southern European country. Welshman Anthony Cook was in a similar position, as he told Global 24/7 News that his Spanish dream is over. “It is time to go back to Cardiff, it’s been a blast but the new regulations have made it impossible to stay, I don’t have enough credentials to become a resident,” he explained.

“It was so easy before, get your funds in from the UK, do a bit of cash in hand around the likes of Benidorm and bob was your uncle, but that’s all changed now.” “Hey, don’t be fooled, thousands of Brits in some guise or other have been doing the same thing, especially in the entertainment industry,” Cook said.

https://www.cityam.com/british-expats-flee-spain-to-avoid-deportation-as-post-brexit-rules-turn-them-into-illegal-immigrants/

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against deported ex-pats… but you don’t want them moving in next door to you, do you :wink:

My friend, who sadly died in December, lived in Spain for many years. After the Brexit vote, I asked her what would happen. She told me the Spanish authorities made it easy to register for residency, but that quite a few Brits didn't because it meant paying Spanish taxes. They didn't bother learning Spanish but stuck to their own 'ghettos'. She enjoyed speaking Spanish and joining in with various groups like gardening and singing etc.
Even up until December 31st, British immigrants (immigrants - not expats*)could register, but didn't bother.
The problem is the British press, like the Mail and Express, still lie to them and tell them it's all the fault of the EU, when Britain helped write the rules for Freedom of Movement.

*Expats was the name given to those who worked abroad for British companies, not people who wanted Blackpool or Clacton with good weather.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We had Germany + + + the best deal in Europe, we blew it. Personally I'm not convinced joining the Euro would have made much difference

As for Ireland, its clear already the US aren't impressed, the penny hasn't dropped with Johnson that Biden has Irish roots

I don't think Germany + + + was ideal and would much rather have Liechtenstein +. Sadly we now have Belarus +, which is basically abysmal.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So what do a couple of ex-servicemen like yourselves think we should do about the escalating violence in Northern Ireland that has occurred as a result of your vote for a border in the Irish Sea. Because it's not going to go away and given the tragic recent history of the military in NI, I would have thought this would probably take priority in your thinking over silly one liners and funny emojis ?

You could ignore it of course, but surely nobody with any pride would do that.

I cannot stand violent protests, send in the National Guard, one of your mob interestingly suggested seeing as it’s the loyalists kicking off that the government should threaten them with Nationalism with the Irish....

Btw homework time, can you find any posts of mine supportive of NI being part of the Union, not to be confused with Scotland [emoji6]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here