Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson is becoming more nutty every week. Cant build the tunnel due to munitions dumped in Beauforts Dyke? Simple. Build a magic roundabout under the Isle of Man, with four tunnels converging!

Johnson thinks the UK has funds available like Qatar or Norway, he's deluded

Its just a distraction from the chaos he has created in pretty much everything else he has touched in the past 15 months.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I suppose the real point is, do you really care about job losses? It was your vote that brought them about. How comfortable are you with this? It's easy to talk of generalities (sovereignty etc) but when some poor buggers in Littlehampton lose their jobs, it's uncomfortably real, isn't it? This is not 'crocodile tears'; this is grim reality and 'consequences'. Consequences that some of us identified and which have never been fully acknowledged by others. So here's the chance to do so......
The real point of our exchange was exposing your rather feeble attempt to divert from Wz"s hypocrisy. There was a time where you had some credibly in your arguments but hitching yourself to a serial liar and hypocrite does you little credit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The real point of our exchange was exposing your rather feeble attempt to divert from Wz"s hypocrisy. There was a time where you had some credibly in your arguments but hitching yourself to a serial liar and hypocrite does you little credit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Not logged onto NSC for 15 hours, but coincidentally logs on within 5 mins of me posting

jcfg.jpg

While lurking as Is it POTG? since 7 this morning. After all the time and effort you put into your multiple accounts, I really thought you'd be better at it, it's just so predictable and repetitive. Lurk on one account for hours desperately awaiting some attention, then log on and reply 1/10 :facepalm:

You could save yourself a lot of time and effort, I don't normally get up before 8.30 :lolol:

But, while you're on this account What was it about the NI Protocol that persuaded you to vote for it over Theresa May's NI Backstop ?

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I suppose the real point is, do you really care about job losses? It was your vote that brought them about. How comfortable are you with this? It's easy to talk of generalities (sovereignty etc) but when some poor buggers in Littlehampton lose their jobs, it's uncomfortably real, isn't it? This is not 'crocodile tears'; this is grim reality and 'consequences'. Consequences that some of us identified and which have never been fully acknowledged by others. So here's the chance to do so......

He needs to start taking some responsibility. If you vote for trade sanctions and with sanctions there are consequences.

Sovereignty means nothing when you've lost your job and the roof over your head

I see Alfa Laval Eastbourne are moving out as well, another blow to South Coast manufacturing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnson thinks the UK has funds available like Qatar or Norway, he's deluded

Its just a distraction from the chaos he has created in pretty much everything else he has touched in the past 15 months.

Even if he had the funds (it hasn’t stopped him giving away billions of voters money) it is technically impossible. It is a fantasy like a successful brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Brexit: DUP launches court challenge to Northern Ireland protocol

DUP leader Arlene Foster has launched legal action to challenge the Northern Ireland protocol amid unionist anger over post-Brexit trade disruption. Ms Foster is joined by DUP deputy leader Nigel Dodds, the party's Westminster leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson and chief whip Sammy Wilson, as well as former Brexit Party MEP Ben Habib, Eurosceptic peer Kate Hoey and Jim Allister, the leader of the Traditional Unionist Voice party.

"At the core of the Belfast Agreement was the principle of consent yet the Northern Ireland protocol has driven a coach and horses through both the Act of Union and the Belfast Agreement.

"Neither the Northern Ireland assembly, the Northern Ireland executive nor the people of Northern Ireland consented to the protocol being put in place or the flow of goods from GB to NI being impeded by checks. They certainly did not consent to the arrangements for those checks being determined by a power over which we have no democratic say."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-protocol-judicial-review-dup-arlene-foster-b1805354.html

The NI Unionists want to get rid of the NI Protocol that the NSC unionists voted for ? It's almost as if someone didn't know what they were voting for and couldn't understand what was blindingly obvious to everyone else :dunce:

I did try and help and pointed this out to our NSC Unionists 4 years ago

I have asked once or twice 'what was it about the NI Protocol that persuaded them to vote for it over Theresa May's NI Backstop ?' but they haven't got back to me. Probably still 'giving some more thought' to the question :facepalm:

If politicians advocating Brexit didn't have a clue what they were doing and what the ramifications would be, such as those above, it's hardly surprising that the likes of the username formerly known as Das Reich and likeminded posters on here such as the Footy Genius don't either. :nono:

D

Deleted member 22389

Johnson is becoming more nutty every week. Cant build the tunnel due to munitions dumped in Beauforts Dyke? Simple. Build a magic roundabout under the Isle of Man, with four tunnels converging!

The Faroe Islands are set to open an under-sea roundabout following more than three years of construction.

The underwater tunnels connect the islands of Streymoy and Eysturoy in a network some 6.8 miles (11km) long. The network is scheduled to open on 19 December.

The tunnel network will come as a relief to residents, cutting down the travel time between the capital Torshavn and Runavik, from an hour and 14 minutes to just 16 minutes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55195390

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why under the Isle of Man ?

Surely cheaper to do it above ground on the Isle of Man ?

Or would Planning Permission be an issue ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[tweet]1362692752505503745[/tweet]

Seeing as Farage only attended 1 of the 42 fisheries committee meetings in the 3 years he was on it (whilst claiming a full salary), it's not really a surprise that he had no idea what it was he was meant to be doing, and who he was meant to be representing or indeed, what he was voting for.

He's simply showing the exact same level of understanding as the morons who have been voting for the UK to be stitched up for years across various parliaments, elections and referendums and are still doing it, whilst shouting 'that'll show them' :shootself

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Faroe Islands are set to open an under-sea roundabout following more than three years of construction.

The underwater tunnels connect the islands of Streymoy and Eysturoy in a network some 6.8 miles (11km) long. The network is scheduled to open on 19 December.

The tunnel network will come as a relief to residents, cutting down the travel time between the capital Torshavn and Runavik, from an hour and 14 minutes to just 16 minutes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55195390

Liverpool to The Isle of Man alone is over 130km. I can see why an aide describes the idea as 'bat****'.

39572796-9283331-image-a-17_1613903017096.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Liverpool to The Isle of Man alone is over 130km. I can see why an aide describes the idea as 'bat****'.

View attachment 134100

I know it's not really relevant to the discussion, but why has someone gone to the effort of marking Newcastle on that map?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Lots of tax dodgers on the IoM. They might well be friends of the Tory party?
Just a rather cynical thought.

I think you (and sparkie) may be putting a little too much thought into what is obviously yet another 'don't look over here, look over there' smoke and mirrors fantasy

Just like a 'Good Brexit deal', remember that one ? :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you (and sparkie) may be putting a little too much thought into what is obviously yet another 'don't look over here, look over there' smoke and mirrors fantasy

Just like a 'Good Brexit deal', remember that one ? :wink:

Exactly. File under Channel bridge, garden bridge, Estuary airport, etc etc
Drilling through granite? :laugh::laugh:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1363409729888923648[/tweet]

Much of the media are in on it, they have blood on their hands and threw the fishermen overboard

On plus point had some sensational shellfish over the weekend, trying to help put Brexit victims where I can....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here