Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Equally - and this will be the test really - there needs to be other trade deals so that those who want to buy products from overseas can get them from locations other than the EU.

But what will be the benefit of this? Their has to be benefit otherwise there isn’t any point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s a shame that prize Brexit plum and general all-round idiot [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] doesn’t post on here any more. He made a big song and dance about Rattle returning home....until it was pointed out that he was only returning to run the LSO part time and his family will remain in Berlin. Now he’s completely ****ed off to his real home and gotten citizenship as well. Good call [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION]!

What was just as amusing was our prize plum trying to convince us he was a patron of high culture :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm afraid this thread has been hijacked by many who are obviously remoaners and will never accept the fact that Brexit was voted through by a majority of UK citizens...twice basically if you count the election.

I'd get behind the fact that it has happened and we make the best of it for everyone who lives here. In time, problems will be ironed out and it will be the new normal, just like Covid and all the complications associated with any new situation we've not experienced before.

Incorrect, I'm afraid. There are around 66.8m UK citizens, and in the region of 46.6m were eligible and registered to vote in the EU referendum. 17,410,742 voted to leave. That's 26% of UK citizens and 37.4% of the electorate. Neither of those figures represents a majority. However, a small majority of those who actually voted put a cross in the leave box.

Happy to help.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s a shame that prize Brexit plum and general all-round idiot [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] doesn’t post on here any more. He made a big song and dance about Rattle returning home....until it was pointed out that he was only returning to run the LSO part time and his family will remain in Berlin. Now he’s completely ****ed off to his real home and gotten citizenship as well. Good call [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION]!

What was just as amusing was our prize plum trying to convince us he was a patron of high culture :lolol:

Now what makes you think [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] doesn't post anymore ? People don't tend to go from prolific poster to nothing without a few goes at other account(s). I have my suspicions :wink:

I seem to remember he disappeared just after he inadvertently managed to publish the address of the 'drug den' (his words) next door to him. Almost as funny as when [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] inadvertently published his bookmarks :lolol:

So all we need to find out is what current NSC poster lives in this house

Two profs house2.jpg

And we have our man

(I'd forgotten all about this until you reminded me)

Jan 30, 2008
Now what makes you think [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] doesn't post anymore ? People don't tend to go from prolific poster to nothing without a few goes at other account(s). I have my suspicions :wink:

I seem to remember he disappeared just after he inadvertently managed to publish the address of the 'drug den' (his words) next door to him. Almost as funny as when [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] inadvertently published his bookmarks :lolol:

View attachment 132552

And we have our man

Sad
Regards
DF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Incorrect, I'm afraid. There are around 66.8m UK citizens, and in the region of 46.6m were eligible and registered to vote in the EU referendum. 17,410,742 voted to leave. That's 26% of UK citizens and 37.4% of the electorate. Neither of those figures represents a majority. However, a small majority of those who actually voted put a cross in the leave box.

Happy to help.
So 49 million unhappy citizens if Brexit goes badly. Maybe also a few more who are strong enough to admit making a mistake.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Amusing how losing a referendum and a couple of general elections has suddenly radicalised them into Europhiles. But its pleasing to see the sudden interest in SME problems although I can't remember any posts about the endless flow of EU red tape effecting 100% of business (not just exporters) hampering small business growth.

*tut*

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Are we back on bendy Bananas again?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Happy to help.

And only 34.6% cared enough about the EU to be bothered to vote to stay in[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

View attachment 132552

And we have our man

Ah yes, I remember the drug den posts. That was pure gold :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
At least we have control back

Laughed in sovereignty

In all seriousness, whenever I ask a leaver what perks there are, they call me a knob and tell me to accept the result. Even though I didn’t vote, I’m not fussed who won or lost, but I’m struggling to find the benefited and all I can see at the moment is smaller business’s struggling to survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So 49 million unhappy citizens if Brexit goes badly. Maybe also a few more who are strong enough to admit making a mistake.

But if people are too lazy to vote the only have themselves to blame, the missing voters are the ones who lost it if they were of the mind to vote remain. We will never know

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Equally I don’t recall much activity from the usual suspects in the period leading up to 18/09/14 championing the importance of the Union!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've always championed the Union, Brexiters have weakened it. Of course it was the Tories that used our membership of the European Union to keep the Scots in the Union of the UK

The problem is I don't think that betrayal has been forgotten

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here